Al-Khalid MBT And Pakistani Armour

charlie

Country flag
well you can be sure one day that in case of war tanks are sure gonna be used but there is a very little chance that a Land version of Brahmos will be used i mean the ship version will be sure be used but 99% of chances that no land attack missile will be used

charlie

Country flag
With this economy? How?

With the 1st regiment of the Arjun already in service? And 248 on order.

With the vast majority of their T-80UD's, except for the final regiment, being of vintage quality (don't believe that shit they tell ya on wikipedia, only the final regiment had welded "T84" turret) - the first regiment infact being from a batch of 52 UD's salvaged from Ukraine army stocks built several years before; and the rest largely made from parts salvaged from other operating countries because Russia refused to supply Ukraine with critical components needed in the making of the tank? With a substandard night vision system, the TO1-KO1E- dependent on the TPN-4E image intensification sight- stabilised only in 1 axis for line-of-sight and with no IR lights mounted on the chassis (most of their tanks don't include the Burran-Catherine-E ), an outdated FCS- with no active cancellation and a Sight/Range-finder with an internal unit for gun-sight system aligning control that takes upto a minute (to check and adjust the correspondence of the central sight mark with the range-finder beam); and the 1G46 day sight- stabilized for two-axes and line-of-sight (Pakisthan has not received the 3 axes stabilization system on the T-84)?

The only tanks worth considering in the Pakistanie inventory are the Al Khalid / "MBT 2000", ~280 of which are in service with the Pakistani Army as of 2010, the ~240 serviceable T-85II AP- which is a potent system because of its 125mm smooth bore gun, despite its fixed shaft transmission; and the Al Khalid II- purported to be in the early stages of development.

They may keep their ~400 Type 69-II's, their ~400 Al Zarrar's and their ~400 T-59's "in storage", but these are lil more than rotting, hulking heaps, that will provide limited use in wartime operability.
i heard 124 and DRDO was lobbying another 176 or something but the army was not willing to order more then 124 i am not sure did the army really go for 248 can plz conform it

neo29

Arjun has outclassed t-90s which was the best tanks built by Russia. The Al Khalid is variant of type 90 made by China which is a copy of T-90. So Arjun outclasses Al Khalid.

Though Army has 248 orders of Arjun, it surely wont go above the total 248 tanks. India is already buying t-90s and by 2017 India plans to to 1670 t-90s tanks.

Army also wants its next generation MBT derived from Arjun. So there is likelihood that we may see no more purchase of new tanks down the line. Hence the upgradation of T-72 tanks. Buying and Inducting new tanks will take 20 more years, better to stick to next gen tank.

Also Army has a Milan and Nag ATGM process going on. India is way ahead. This article is totally absurd.

charlie

Country flag
Arjun has outclassed t-90s which was the best tanks built by Russia. The Al Khalid is variant of type 90 made by China which is a copy of T-90. So Arjun outclasses Al Khalid.

Though Army has 248 orders of Arjun, it surely wont go above the total 248 tanks. India is already buying t-90s and by 2017 India plans to to 1670 t-90s tanks.

Army also wants its next generation MBT derived from Arjun. So there is likelihood that we may see no more purchase of new tanks down the line. Hence the upgradation of T-72 tanks. Buying and Inducting new tanks will take 20 more years, better to stick to next gen tank.

Also Army has a Milan and Nag ATGM process going on. India is way ahead. This article is totally absurd.
ohh bro my cousin worked on arjun tank and so did the guy i met on a flight they tell its the best tank and the driver of the tank is very happy now you have to understand in technical terms that it is no where near T 90 in terms of prices as well as in terms of performances just because it has an german engines and better speed dosent make it good.

And type 90 is nowhere near T-90 though the chinese claim but its its still a crap the guy i met on flight is working in DRDO and he told me that the guy (he was a retired general of IA )who took a view of Arjun was satisfied with the performance but when the press meeting came after an hour he just changed and told the press that it still had problems he said the guy totally changed (and he told me that the guy changed because he was told to say those things because he was ordered to by the government because of the gifts that russian give) but i dont blame the guy i met in flight i mean the thing he didnt understand is the arjun was still was not ready, if you hear DRDO they will make big claims but they will deliver much less man if you really think practically and being neutral you will understand it

Neil

Country flag
ohh bro my cousin worked on arjun tank and so did the guy i met on a flight they tell its the best tank and the driver of the tank is very happy now you have to understand in technical terms that it is no where near T 90 in terms of prices as well as in terms of performances just because it has an german engines and better speed dosent make it good.

And type 90 is nowhere near T-90 though the chinese claim but its its still a crap the guy i met on flight is working in DRDO and he told me that the guy (he was a retired general of IA )who took a view of Arjun was satisfied with the performance but when the press meeting came after an hour he just changed and told the press that it still had problems he said the guy totally changed (and he told me that the guy changed because he was told to say those things because he was ordered to by the government because of the gifts that russian give) but i dont blame the guy i met in flight i mean the thing he didnt understand is the arjun was still was not ready, if you hear DRDO they will make big claims but they will deliver much less man if you really think practically and being neutral you will understand it
dude...arjun is not the best in the world,...but why should it be...??!!its the first tank produced by are people....its not an easy task!!tell me one country that produced a tank in first attempt according to specification of their army....so all claims that DRDO makes are not tp....they are sometime genuine...to what they have achieved

charlie

Country flag
dude...arjun is not the best in the world,...but why should it be...??!!its the first tank produced by are people....its not an easy task!!tell me one country that produced a tank in first attempt according to specification of their army....so all claims that DRDO makes are not tp....they are sometime genuine...to what they have achieved
hey i am not telling that its the worst tanks but i am trying to say that the army decision of going for T-90 was not bad, i mean even i would like it if the indian army went indigenous but all of us know that it will take some more time

sandeepdg

The best way to kill an armored regiment invasion, among other measures, is to have an overwhelming attack gunship force loaded with ATMs, supporting the armored regiment and the infantry. Each attack chopper can carry 4 ATMs (standard configuration on most gunships), though I believe the Mi-35 can be made to carry 6 ATMs, so literally speaking even 25 of these can effectively wipe out a 100 strong tank squad. That's a lethal punch ! So we should along with upgrading tanks and inducting new ones in IA also increase the number of attack helos in Army Aviation Corps. And, that is job, I suppose the LCH will fulfill.

Neil

Country flag
hey i am not telling that its the worst tanks but i am trying to say that the army decision of going for T-90 was not bad, i mean even i would like it if the indian army went indigenous but all of us know that it will take some more time
yeah thats for sure....the problem is no one outside IA or MoD knows about the real report of the comparative trials....who won...??!!i mean if arjun did...then why buy 1000 t-90 and if t-90 did....then why spend on arjun brigade...??

charlie

Country flag
The best way to kill an armored regiment invasion, among other measures, is to have an overwhelming attack gunship force loaded with ATMs, supporting the armored regiment and the infantry. Each attack chopper can carry 4 ATMs (standard configuration on most gunships), though I believe the Mi-35 can be made to carry 6 ATMs, so literally speaking even 25 of these can effectively wipe out a 100 strong tank squad. That's a lethal punch ! So we should along with upgrading tanks and inducting new ones in IA also increase the number of attack helos in Army Aviation Corps. And, that is job, I suppose the LCH will fulfill.
if you are talking in temrs of pakistan then we dont need to worry but ya if you talking about china then we really lag behind thought the tanks cannot be used in those terrains but the roads are so developed that its is possible now

charlie

Country flag
yeah thats for sure....the problem is no one outside IA or MoD knows about the real report of the comparative trials....who won...??!!i mean if arjun did...then why buy 1000 t-90 and if t-90 did....then

Last edited:

pmaitra

Боевая машина поддержки танков

BMPT

The new BMPT can be a nice Tank Support Vehicle to augment our Tank Regiments.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandeepdg

if you are talking in temrs of pakistan then we dont need to worry but ya if you talking about china then we really lag behind thought the tanks cannot be used in those terrains but the roads are so developed that its is possible now
I am not talking in comparison terms with either of these nations, I am saying it needs to be become a permanent doctrine to include potent gunships as part of any invasion and counter-invasion force alongside infantry and artillery formations as they give a terrific boost to offensive firepower.

JBH22

The BMPT is a tank support vehicle most suitable when use with tanks in urban setting in desert IFV should do the job.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Take Rajasthan and Punjab as major tank battle zones:

We need a heavily armored tank which can take hits head on and move on until objective is archived: ArjunMK-1

We need a Good APC to carry troops and provide anti-infantry and Anti-tank support: Abhay mk-1

We need a Good mobile AAA/SAM : Tungusha mk-1 / OSA

We need a Good surveillance: UAV

We need a Good Gunship: LCH

We need a powerful long range Arty: Pinaka

We need a Good SAM umbrella: ZRK-SD Kvadrat

PENDING:
Arjun is still not in strike crops, Its the basic idea that Arjun degin to take hits head-on not to hide and shoot. ( Pending )
We still don't have a effective Arty of 155mm/52cal, ( Pending )
APC is outdated, ( Pending )
Few MI-35 gunship cannot support a major strike therefore we need good amount of LCH. ( Pending )

We need to change the picture..

BTW:
PA armored backbone Type-59 and its upgrades Against Indian Armored backbone T-72 and its Upgrades..
T-80UD Against T-90S and Arjunmk-1..
AK Against Arjunmk-1 and T-90S..

All Result are known..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
it still doesnt have smoothbore gun :angry_1:
So?

Arjun rifled gun with latest FCS can engage Tanks at 4000m while moving..
Not to mention longest shot was taken during gulf war with a challenger`s rifled gun at 6000m..

The reason why IA want smooth-bore coz of foreign origin ammos also Smooth-bore have longer life..
Except these Arjun gun is superior with Indian made ammo of tungsten alloys..

2.8kg tungsten rod at speed over 1600m/s

pmaitra

So?

Not to mention longest shot was taken during gulf war with a challenger`s rifled gun at 6000m..

The reason why IA want smooth-bore coz of foreign origin ammos also Smooth-bore have longer life..

Very well said. A smooth-bore gun will eject a projectile as-is, while a rifled gun will eject a projectile that is spinning around it's axis, the axis being parallel to the muzzle of the gun.

It is a known phenomenon in physics that such aforementioned spinning projectiles have a more stable trajectory than the ones that do not spin.

charlie

Country flag
So?

well i heard that in Rajastan and Punjab the terrain is so that you cannot see beyond 3000 meters but our army generals were insisting on 5000 meters because the foreign tanks have that kind of a range while testing the arjun in pokhoran they had to keep the tank on the highest ground and they had to make a higher ground with sand and then keep the target above it so they could see it

Sabir

DFI TEAM
well i heard that in Rajastan and Punjab the terrain is so that you cannot see beyond 3000 meters but our army generals were insisting on 5000 meters because the foreign tanks have that kind of a range while testing the arjun in pokhoran they had to keep the tank on the highest ground and they had to make a higher ground with sand and then keep the target above it so they could see it
why ?

If it is a problem in desert because of low visibility due to sand particles in air or sand dune, then it had to be problematic in Arabian desert too. How the western tanks are operating there? And what is the problem in plains of Punjab?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their is no problem in Punjab coz of flat terrain, You can knock out any MBT at 3000m with wire-guided ATGM and Arjun FCS is good can engage 5000m easily..

Rajasthan is also same except their are sand Storm, It does effect visibility of any tank currently operating in the world..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles