Akhand Bharat

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by British Bengal Tiger, Feb 1, 2016.

?

Are you in favour of an Akhand Bharat?

1. Yes, let's united

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. No way, partition was a good thing

23 vote(s)
    52.3%
  1. British Bengal Tiger

British Bengal Tiger Regular Member

Hi Everyone

I'm new on this forum, this is my very first post!

So recently I was in India (you can check me out on youtube), I found it absolutely amazing. I've been following the Indian media quite a lot and have been reading about communal violence and so called 'intolerance'.

Having visited India, I only received love, respect and a massive warm welcome. I made quite a lot of friends there, even got adopted by an Indian family from Maharashtra who've made me one of their family members (yes a sister tied a rakhi on me).

Now, being born and bred in London and coming from an Indian and Bangladeshi background, I've noticed that culturally we are very much the same people. Agree or disagree?

I'm a Hindu and my mother is originally from West Bengal and my father from East Bengal. To me, both Bengals face the same everyday problems. Right now in terms of growth rate India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Burma are doing extremely well (notice I've left Pakistan out of this equation).

Why can't we unite and form a union? A union where free movement of people, goods and services can create further competition in the market and benefit our economies?

I wouldn't want Pakistan to be a part of the Union as it's a country which is battling with terrorism and would probably become a failed state quite soon.

Your views would be appreciated.

God bless you all :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  3. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Good to know you have been to India !

Yes there must be trade connectivity between the two countries!

I will check your youtube channel mate !

4. British Bengal Tiger

Cheers bud!

Trade connectivity between the two countries will benefit everyone in the region. It will open the door to the wider Asian region for sure.

Narendra Modi is a marvelous Prime Minister, who's already signed a few deals. Although one thing I'd probably advise Mr Modi not to do is visit Pakistan again.

Pathankot was such a terrible incident and I believe this was a form of state terrorism from the Pakistani part.

5. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

watched this video

The last 10 secs ... funny !

British Bengal Tiger likes this.
  6. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Too many complications.

India will have to do something extraordinary; like rise suddenly as a powerful entity so strong and so sudden that Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka join immediately and entire Bangladesh reconverts back to Hindu/Buddhist faith and joins us.

Sounds far fetched right?

This will take a few decades but I see all returning back to our ancient faith/cultural system and uniting as a single country.

7. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Don't know about Akhand Bharat nor do i believe that it's ever possible instead India should work for economic union, but India is a natural home of Hindus,Sikhs and Buddhist wherever they live and they will always be welcomed here.

This also include patriot Muslims who acknowledge their native ancestry and take pride callings themselves Indians and Indian culture like DR Kalam,Abdul Hamid and Brigadier Usman.

8. British Bengal Tiger

It's a little too far fetched.

I think religion should stay out of this Akhand Bharat debate.

Why does the European Union work? Is it because of Christian/Judeo principles?

It works because it brings peace to the region. It promotes innovation, opportunity and choice for everyone in Akhand European Union :tongue:

It also reduces regulation and red tape. If India unites with others and goes on a conversion rampage, then wouldn't that be seen as self interest from the Indian side? Wouldn't that kill the idea of Akhand Bharat?

Self interest doesn't work in the EU, it's all about shared interests and Akhand Bharat should be modeled around that.

That's the only logical way of creating something better than SAARC.

9. asingh10

asingh10 Senior Member Senior Member

To me Indian is someone who promotes who follows or promote Indic civilizational traditions, culture & memes.

I consider Ananda Coomaraswamy (SL Tamil) and Koenraad Elst (Belgian) to be more Indian than people like Owaisi brothers, Zakir Naik, SRK, Amir Khan, Arundhati Roy, Teesta Seetalvad and Yaseen Malik.

Aadhar card toh Bangladeshi bhi bana sakta hai :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    parijataka, Dovah, salute and 5 others like this.
  10. Nuvneet Kundu

Nuvneet Kundu Senior Member Senior Member

We recently did sign an agreement to build a highway from India - Bangladesh - Myanmar - Thailand. India and Bangladesh also signed an agreement to use Chittagong port for docking Indian ships. The economic union is already forming, this doesn't even require a formal alliance or union. India and Bangladesh already have robust border trade. We also co-operate on various issues in SAARC and India shares satellite information and early warning information (cyclones, high tides, storms) with Bangladesh.

India is the homeland of Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and they are welcome in India. Muslims are not welcome to migrate to India, there is a historic context to it, to put it in short, Bengali muslims killed millions of Hindus twice (1947, 1971) just to assert their right to be a separate nation. If they are so insistent then we will respect their choice to go their own way. But after so much killing if some shameless muslim seeks to jump the border and come to India then I will kill him personally. They should respect their own border which they have creating after shedding so much blood.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  11. British Bengal Tiger

Owaisi, Naik, Khans and the lot are in India.

If Owaisi was sprouting nonsense like he does in India, he would've been arrested and tried already.

We have a number of mad Pakistani mullahs serving at her majesty's pleasure. One of them being Anjam Choudhary.

To me being Indian means promoting a culture of love and showing the best hospitality on the planet. It does sadden me to see Sikhs fighting for Khalistan, Tamils fighting for a separate homeland and the Assamese tigers drunk on stupidity.

I was sickened to see people marching for Khalistan when Modi visited the United Kingdom. To me anyone who supports Khalistan is a Porkistani. I'm glad you're not one of them asingh.

12. British Bengal Tiger

So you would personally kill someone? Why don't you stand outside the Indo-Pak border if you're such a big shot?

Let's get this straight, killings happened on both sides. I can never forgive the number of Hindus that were killed in Pakistan and Bangladesh, The saddest part to all this is, the families and victims never received any justice.

How many more people need to die over religion? If you're going to go out there and kill people because they are not Hindu, then you are no different to ISIS for me.

Have a good evening.

13. Nuvneet Kundu

So you're an equal-equal guy. Not surprising. :pound:

Mad Indian and asingh10 like this.
  14. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

I appreciate your deep emotional connection with India. Behind this deep connection is a sense of belongingness which sprout from your racial, cultural identities. But you have got very limited knowledge of the socio-political discourse in India.

Being a federal republic we Indians provide limited room for soft separatism and regional identity comes naturally to us, unlike those unitary states. It allows the citizens to vent out their anger in open which indirectly strengthens us.

People (Khalistanis) you met in UK/Canada/US are living in wrong decade, but they are not our problem, they are their own problem, their country's problem.

Indian Sikhs, Tamils are patriots of highest degree, their loyalty cannot be questioned. Khalistan movement could not be defeated without support from the local population. People in Assam defeated the separatist movement, that is a thing of past. Tamils never asked for separation, I don't know why do people accuse them for something which they never did.

As far as Akhand Bharat dream is concerned, Any such union in near future will be completely unstable because of the kind of demographic baggage it will bring in. India in her current form is gradually moving towards greater stability, and that must be our priority for at least 50 years.

15. British Bengal Tiger

If you think the British Sikhs who support Khalistan is our headache then you probably have limited knowledge about our affairs in the UK.

I suppose I'm not very well versed with Indian society and it's politics, but I can assure you I do have a fair understanding of the Khalistani separatist movement.

When Modi came to the UK, this was on the agenda. The British government is closely watching extremist Sikhs who have radical ideas about Khalistan. Khalistan can only be created in one place and that's in India and not in the UK, so I think it's an Indian problem too.

God forbid we see another episode of the Air India flight which was bombed by Babbar Singh Khalsa in 1985, then it becomes everyone's problem.

16. punjab47

punjab47 महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट Banned

@British Bengal Tiger

1. Your sense of identity & self worth is compromised if you think you're british & bengali at same time.

2. I highly doubt your Hindu identity.

3. Abrahamic religions have no place in this world. All followers will be killed or converted.

Have a nice day sullah, have some #porkforunity

salute likes this.
  17. punjab47

punjab47 महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट Banned

18. Agnostic_Indian

Agnostic_Indian Regular Member

Good to know that you had a nice time in india. I am not sure about akhand bharath, but i am all for trade and good relations, india and Bangladesh recently sorted out some of the disputes regarding enclaves.there are still problems of illegal border crossing, so i guess free flow and open borders etc have to waite for some times, infact it will take a long time...mean while we can do whatever positive measures with out compromising the national security.

DingDong likes this.
  19. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Let's get rid off muzzies and then we can have all the akhand bharats we want. But so long as muzzies are there, its lunacy to think of it.

20. Nuvneet Kundu

First lets gut rid of uncircumcised muzzies among us i.e. Hindus who follow the muzzie script and still call themselves Hindu :pound:

vishakhns, spikey360 and Mad Indian like this.
  21. salute

salute Senior Member Senior Member

yeah......................................................................................................

Nuvneet Kundu likes this.