Akali BJP alliance

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Post Delhi results Will it survive or won't it survive ?

Sirsa is openly opposing BJP

"The richest candidate in the fray who lost his seat from Rajouri Garden, Sirsa said he was standing next to Union Minister of State Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti when she made her ‘ramzaadon-vs-haramzaadon’ remark at a public meeting. It was this remark and the support that the BJP sought later from the Dera Sacha Sauda sect that “finished my chances of winning”, he said"
    Sirsa, who won the assembly seat in 2013, said: “The language she (Jyoti) used is not acceptable to anyone. It immediately alienated Muslim voters of my constituency.

“In Delhi, people are educated. They believe in secular tolerance and in everybody’s right to practice their religion. Fundamentalist views don’t go down well with them,” he said.

He questioned the BJP decision to project Bedi as a CM candidate. “They brought in Kiran Bedi and declared her the CM candidate. What was the point? Did anyone benefit? They brought in MLAs and MPs who had lost, like Krishna Tirath from Congress. What message were they trying to convey? They never consulted individual MLAs before taking these decisions,” he said.

“How can the BJP take support from Dera Sacha Sauda before consulting us? We are their allies, we’re helping them in Haryana and Punjab. Yet I learn from others that it is taking support from Dera Sacha Sauda. I put out ads in newspapers and told the media that we were against the group. But it was already too late,” he said.

===
    Akali and BJP supporters fired at each other in Punjab.

BJP minister's brother was thrashed by Akalis.

3. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

Who did the 15% Sikh population of Delhi vote for?

4. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Well BJP-akalis aliiance it seems would break

And if it breaks the BJP would loose seats

And if it doesnot breaks then even BJP is not going to gain any seats because in last assembly lection BJP lost badly while akali gained

So its dammed you if you break and damn you if you donot break .In both secarions BJP is going to loose
    @Singh what do u think

I think in both secnes BJP is going to loose

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  5. Singh

Delhi Sikh population is about 5% imo.

Majority for AAP.

Akali candidates put up by BJP lost all 4 seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Singh

If Akali-BJP break alliance,

Both will act as spoliers in Punjab in an AAP vs Con fight.

If BJP-Akali stay together they will probably win LoP in Punjab.

7. anoop_mig25

Do u surely think so that sab-bjp brakup would spoil chances of AAP ???

Is that your prediction ?????

8. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

Just Breaking Alliance wont work for BJP. It has to rope in right people from Both Akali and Congress and work at grassroot level. Become a martyr on Drug issue. If BJP stands in front of Akali on Drugs, they will gain immense respect among Hindu Punjabis and some section of Sikhs atleast.

Thing is among Hindus or Sikhs, those who know PS Badal, have respect for him but utter contempt for chota Bada: SS Badal. The more staunch BJP becomes on right kind of regional/national/business issues against Akali, more hindu votes they will get. For Rural Punjab: Drug Centres/Farm Subsidy-help/Core Rural issues need to be dealt with. Jaitely lost because Akalis campaigned against him. Bada Badal has lot of respect in his constituency. Jaat Sikh Brotherhood is also a factor in Punjab elections, so dont count Akalis out.

AAP is massaging ego of Sikhs who have sympathies with Khalistanis, by doing tango with them on issue of releasing jailed Khalistanis terrorists. For those section of SIkhs promise of "Swaraj" by AAP is seen as chance for realization of Khalistan.

Haryana is not right now under Khattar as he cannot seem to exert influence on babus. And Haryanvi Jaats are angry for making a non-Jaat AND a PUNJABI as CM.
    But lets hope he turns out to be just like CM Shivraj Chauhan who too initially faced many doubting thomases.

9. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

There are a million of Sikh population in Delhi, another half a million is non "Kesh Dhari".

My calculation was incorrect, I duly apologize.

10. Singh

At this point in time AAP would be fighting for at best 2nd position in Punjab. Punjab is a different beast,

11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

In Punjab, I reckon the SGPC cannot be just wished away.

It will all depend on which side it sways.

12. anoop_mig25

Well lets us wait to see

My hutch is since it doesnot have any state level apparatus if it comes out of alliance then they would be drwing blank present i think they have 12 which is 5 less then previous so they would loose more.If they continue with allaince they would still loose whether they get 12 or less we have to see

As for app it donot know how much they would gain , but delhi could factor in it

13. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Delhi outcome will not change other state's election fates.
    The SAD is sinking ship and no greater than Shiv sena. We are going to see much different game play in coming elections.
    Sangh may not be happy as other powers directly meddling with elections these days. That will play whole different factor in the game.