Ajmal Kasab pleads for mercy to Persident for 26/11 Mumbai attacks case

Blackwater

Mumbai: Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab has pleaded for mercy in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case. His mercy petition has been sent to the President's office.

Last month, the Supreme Court rejected a plea by Kasab, the only terrorist caught alive during the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in 2008, to commute the death sentence handed to him by the Bombay High Court to life imprisonment.

Confirming the death sentence, the top court observed that the primary and foremost offence that Kasab was charged with was waging war against India and "We are left with no option, but to uphold the sentence."

The two Judge bench also rejected the 25-year-old's contention that he was not given a free and fair trial in the case. The bench observed that the failure of the government to provide him with an advocate at the pre-trial stage did not vitiate trial court proceedings against him. It also held that the confessional statement given by Kasab, which he retracted during trial, was very much voluntary except for a very small portion.

Kasab had moved the Supreme Court on February 14 this year against the High Court verdict of October 10 last year, which upheld a lower court order sentencing the terrorist to death. The lower court had pronounced its judgement on May 6, 2010, 18 months after Kasab was captured.

Over 160 people were killed in the 2008 Mumbai attacks when 10 Pakistani terrorists sailed from Karachi to Mumbai to show India a side of terror it had never dreamt possible. While Kasab was captured, all the other terrorists who had sailed with him and attacked Mumbai were killed during counter-terror operations.

Ajmal Kasab pleads for mercy in 26/11 Mumbai attacks case | NDTV.com

Blackwater

kasab miya time to pay for our biryani,chicken tikka and pakistani mujra CD u enjoyed so far:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This will be an interesting mercy petition to watch!

He is a foot soldier and so too bad for him.

But if India is serious, get Hafiz Saeed like the Mossad gets their man!

Ash

Country flag
Did Kasab have a change of mind...doesn't he want to claim his prize of 72 virgins (or one 72 year virgin...which ever) any more!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Did Kasab have a change of mind...doesn't he want to claim his prize of 72 virgins (or one 72 year virgin...which ever) any more!
When death draws near, the heat of bravado dies.

The fear of the unknown overpowers.

The beauty of life floats over the inner eye.

Heroes turn coward and beg for dear life!

Kasab was no hero!

He is an abandoned soul and being cast asunder like a used condom by those who used him!

Reality has hit this poor tormented soul!

He does not want to die like a dog.

But a dog he is!

Last edited:

Ash

Country flag
When death draws near, the heat of bravado dies.

The fear of the unknown overpowers.

The beauty of life floats over the inner eye.

Heroes turn coward and beg for dear life!

Kasab was no hero!

He is an abandoned soul and being cast asunder like a used condom by those who used him!

Reality has hit this poor tormented soul!

He does not want to die like a dog.

But a dog he is!
Ray, you might have a career as a poet yet, friend :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ash

Country flag
Thanks.

Actually, I was not only a soldier, but also a poet, artist and writer in my own way! ;)

See Rum Bum and Mouthorgan thread and where some painting of mine I appended.

My uncle was a leading lyricist before he died.

Gouri Prasanna Majumdar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It runs in the family! ;)
A man of many talents. I also love art, and have a very small original art collection of my own, although with time I hope to grow the collection. I have the utmost respect for artists of all types.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Everyone knows Kasab wont be pardoned, this is just to let him live as long as he can, nothing else !! he is bound to be hanged.

ashdoc

Country flag
however , looking at the minority community's feelings towards hanging of their co religionists i feel he may be given mercy ??

what dya think ??

blank_quest

Country flag
simple! and better than getting hijacking threats ... shoot him with dignity..

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
The bastard was moaning like a bitch when man handled by Maratha police.

The Pakistani terrorist is now begging for mercy from Union of India.

Every Muslim Jihadi of Pakistan must see what we have done to him and what we did to 9 other Pakistanis who took inspiration from some rag tag religion, sneaked into our homeland like cowards (like they all do) to kill innocent children, women and defenceless men roaming on streets peacefully, eating their food in Hotels or going back to their homes on 26/11.

Last edited:
Reactions: KS

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
however , looking at the minority community's feelings towards hanging of their co religionists i feel he may be given mercy ??

what dya think ??
I don't think that anyone would like him not to be hanged so that he remains a living example of religious irrationality.

His living will only be a reminder that may be used to fashion greater disharmony.

So no sane sections of the religious divide would want him to remain as a living reminder of the communal discord.

It is only the lumpen element or the hard core religious fringe who may want him to be set free or kept alive.

pmaitra

what dya think ??
I don't think prominent members of Indian Muslims want Kasab to live. Remember, they even refused their burial grounds for the slain terrorists. Many victims were Muslims as well.

pankaj nema

Country flag
For a man who came on a SUICIDAL Mission Kasab has become well
adjusted and adapted to prison life

Looks like he is LIKING prison life and does not mind life in prison

marshal panda

Country flag
I think mercy petition to the President of India are for the people governed by constitution of India and not those who wage war against the state of India. =
Mumbai: Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab has pleaded for mercy in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case. His mercy petition has been sent to the President's office.

Last month, the Supreme Court rejected a plea by Kasab, the only terrorist caught alive during the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks in 2008, to commute the death sentence handed to him by the Bombay High Court to life imprisonment.

Confirming the death sentence, the top court observed that the primary and foremost offence that Kasab was charged with was waging war against India and "We are left with no option, but to uphold the sentence."

The two Judge bench also rejected the 25-year-old's contention that he was not given a free and fair trial in the case. The bench observed that the failure of the government to provide him with an advocate at the pre-trial stage did not vitiate trial court proceedings against him. It also held that the confessional statement given by Kasab, which he retracted during trial, was very much voluntary except for a very small portion.

Kasab had moved the Supreme Court on February 14 this year against the High Court verdict of October 10 last year, which upheld a lower court order sentencing the terrorist to death. The lower court had pronounced its judgement on May 6, 2010, 18 months after Kasab was captured.

Over 160 people were killed in the 2008 Mumbai attacks when 10 Pakistani terrorists sailed from Karachi to Mumbai to show India a side of terror it had never dreamt possible. While Kasab was captured, all the other terrorists who had sailed with him and attacked Mumbai were killed during counter-terror operations.

Ajmal Kasab pleads for mercy in 26/11 Mumbai attacks case | NDTV.com

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
This will be an interesting mercy petition to watch!

He is a foot soldier and so too bad for him.

But if India is serious, get Hafiz Saeed like the Mossad gets their man!
Just getting Hafiz saeed is not satisfactory, I want each and every who ever is responsible for attacks on Indian soil since the first conflict of 1948 and it can be only done by some one who is not willing to settle for anything less than that. As you have stated "Like Mossad gets their man". I personally would not care for reaction of Arab nations either. After all is said and done no body will be allowed to wave a flag of enemy nation if some does attempt to do that it will be considered act of treason and punishable with a 15 years of hard labour jail.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I just don't fcuking understand, why the fcuk are such rights given to terrorists while countless heroes have asked nothing and died for the country.

I mean if this is not intentionally taming terrorists for political misuse, then what is it?

KS

Bye bye DFI
Looks like he did not like the choice of the 72 hoors offered to him...:p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles