Airtel throttling TORRENTS

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Yeah. The same.

Also, my download rates are way higher than the 20GB monthly. Airtel does not consider Torrent downloads for it's FUP. My speed has never been throttled.

Are you sure you aren't just downloading bad torrents?
Really ? I haven't heard of this before. Though, Airtel counts uploads to in the transfer limit. I think you have been lucky till now.

PS: Try googling: Airtel throttling

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Okay its past 10 Am and the torrent speeds are down to 40kBps from 250Kbps.
Going to buy MTNL 3G today !

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Okay its past 10 Am and the torrent speeds are down to 40kBps from 250Kbps.
Going to buy MTNL 3G today !
If that torrent is properly seeded, then did you register any complaint to Airtel ?i think they give very fast service, you should try a complaint before shifting to mtnl ;)

SHASH2K2

I think AIrtel is able to get away from this because of pathetic service provided by its rivals . I have been using reliance for more than 3 years and feel like throwing slippers at Anil ambani from time to time . Customer care is worst those stupids are not trained to handle Irate customers and technical department is something one shouldn't talk about . On many occasions cases are closed saying that issue is fixed though no one contacts customer . I shouldn't talk about others as they are not even worth it.
As of now Airtel is running on full capacity of its network infrastructure and thats why they think they can get away with it .

SHASH2K2

If that torrent is properly seeded, then did you register any complaint to Airtel ?i think they give very fast service, you should try a complaint before shifting to mtnl ;)
singhjee I agree with A chauhan . Try calling those people and give ultimatum thats its my way or highway . They should know that people are not so happy with this and they may loose customers.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
If they acknowledge they are throttling then I can take them to the court. Its against their ToS and is bad publicity.

Throttling means only torrents are slow, speed is still 2Mbps, downloads from sites are still 2Mbps but torrent downloads are capped. Their service engineer will come, show that my speed is 2Mbps and look at me like I am crazy and when I tell him about throttling for it'll go over his head.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Then why buy a 1 TB hard disk ? :p
To store those multi gb br rips, music, documentaries, tv shows, backups, programs etc.

Here is a screenshot of the folder containing just the English BR rips rated 7.5+ as per IMDb.
dfgdfg.jpg

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
what is maximum download speed 3g will support ?
Maximum would be 7.2 Mbps but realistically you would get atleast 1Mbps I suppose. 4500 Rs for 6 months unlimited will turn out to 750 bucks a month.

SHASH2K2

Maximum would be 7.2 Mbps but realistically you would get atleast 1Mbps I suppose. 4500 Rs for 6 months unlimited will turn out to 750 bucks a month.
Initial cost to get the service is a bit on higher side . It will deter people from going for it. Hope it becomes cheap with time .

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You can go for cheaper plans too but 6 months 4500 turns out to be the cheapest imho for a prepaid plan.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
If they acknowledge they are throttling then I can take them to the court. Its against their ToS and is bad publicity.

Throttling means only torrents are slow, speed is still 2Mbps, downloads from sites are still 2Mbps but torrent downloads are capped. Their service engineer will come, show that my speed is 2Mbps and look at me like I am crazy and when I tell him about throttling for it'll go over his head.
If they acknowledge they are throttling torrents then why to take them to the court? BTW I think torrent speed is your excuse to move on to MTNL 3G :p you have already decided to go for Mtnl. But complaint is the first step against any service problem. If they show you normal downloading speeds then you also can show them abnormal torrent speed.

I remember i was using BSNL 750 plan an year ago, and once it got dead, i lodged a complaint at their head office, no one came, after a week i lodged 2nd complaint there, but of no use. In that month i lodged total 4 complaints there as their head office is situated near the court, and personally entered my complaints into their register in my own handwriting.But of no help they even didn't answer me satisfactorily :mad2:. So with heavy frustrated heart i served them a legal notice to cut the connection or be ready to face legal consequences,within 3 days of receipt of that notice they came and cut the connection.Then i got Airtel broadband and i am totally satisfied with Airtel. @512 kbps i had 4 gb fair usage limit but i enjoyed 60-62 kbps all the month, i have personally inquired it from customer care and he told me that on average i use 15-23 gb per month.And from this 17th i have upgraded it to 1 mbps plan they told me that it has 8 gb fair usage limit. So i would suggest you to think twice before leaving Airtel because they are in terms of customer service, the best. They try hard to deal with the complaint within 12 hours.

But it's your wish, if you choose Mtnl then Mtnl is better but please check whether they provide good service ;) best of luck for it.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
To store those multi gb br rips, music, documentaries, tv shows, backups, programs etc.

Here is a screenshot of the folder containing just the English BR rips rated 7.5+ as per IMDb.
View attachment 3607
lmao

my second 500gb hard drive is also about to finish. i like to download 1080p movies. avatar was around 15gb :)

p2prada

My Avatar 1080p movie is only 10GB. Muahahaha!

Anyway I haven't seen any disruption in my service as of today. I managed full 256Kbps downloads in the morning for 4 shows of Big Bang theory.

I downloaded Spartacus only last week and that was at 200Kbps speeds.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Where do you watch your movies ? Laptop or TV ?

PS: P2P iirc you have a kick ass HDTV :p

plugwater

View attachment 3607
Half of the 7.0+ rated movies in IMDB are crap :)
My Avatar 1080p movie is only 10GB. Muahahaha!
My Inception 1080p is 8GB!!! I also have Avatar 1080p but its only 5.4GB :)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles