Aircraft Crash Notification

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

MAY 25, 2015
PESHAWAR: A training aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force crashed in Swabi district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province on Monday. In a short statement, PAF spokesperson Air Commodore SM ALi said that a K-8 trainer aircraft was destroyed when it crashed during a training mission in Zaida village of KP's Swabi district. The spokesman added that both pilots of the aircraft ejected safely.

He further said a board of inquiry has been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of accident. No loss of civilian life or property was reported on the ground.

Army trainer aircraft crashes in Swabi, pilots eject safely
Sir ,
can we use trainer aircraft for combat??
I mean for surveillance..

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Sir ,
can we use trainer aircraft for combat??
I mean for surveillance..

Yes saar, Yes saar, three bags full ! :nod: Oh, i mean saar: aircraft like the Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano is designed for light attack, counter insurgency (COIN), close air support, aerial reconnaissance missions in low threat environments, as well as providing pilot training.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Yes saar, Yes saar, three bags full ! :nod: Oh, i mean saar: aircraft like the Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano is designed for light attack, counter insurgency (COIN), close air support, aerial reconnaissance missions in low threat environments, as well as providing pilot training.
What about BAE Hawk?? Used by indian navy

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
What about BAE Hawk?? Used by indian navy
Yes ! In addition to being an advanced jet trainer, Hawk Mk 132 is fully combat capable and can carry air to air missile and air to ground armament. It could also be used as a lightweight fighter.
The trainer jet can be used as a ground attack aircraft or for air defence.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Russia grounds MiG-29 fleet after mid-air explosion

The Russian Air Force has grounded its fleet of MiG-29 'Fulcrum' fighters following the loss of an aircraft on 4 June.

The order comes after a two-seat MiG-29KUB operational trainer aircraft caught fire and exploded in mid-air over the Ashuluk air training range near the Caspian Sea. Both crew members were reported to have ejected safely.

The fleet will remain grounded pending the results of an official investigation.

Separately, but on the same day as the loss of the MiG, a Sukhoi Su-34 'Fullback' strike aircraft was damaged after it veered off the runway at Voronezh airport in western Russia.

http://www.janes.com/article/52042/russia-grounds-mig-29-fleet-after-mid-air-explosion

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Hungary army to ground all Gripen jets after second crash-landing

Budapest (AFP) - The Hungary army said on Wednesday it would ground and review its fleet of Jas-39 Gripen fighter jets, made by Swedish manufacturer Saab, after a second crash-landing within a month. The announcement came after a Hungarian pilot was forced to eject himself from a jet near the town of Kecskemet, in central Hungary. Saab said it would "fully support" the investigation. "We never speculate on the reasons before a very careful analysis," a spokesman for the company told AFP. "We have very rigorous security systems in place. The equipment has been operating for many years around the world and is a very proven and stable platform." The accident happened when the plane's wheels failed during a training mission, said Lieutenant General Zoltan Orosz, deputy chairman of the joint chiefs of staff. The experienced pilot tried to land the Gripen on its belly before ejecting himself when the jet turned sideways and became uncontrollable. The pilot is in a stable condition in the Kecskemet hospital, Lt Gen Orosz added. Hungary has a fleet of 14 Jas-39 Gripen fighters. An investigation is already underway into another incident involving the aircraft. On May 19, a two-man Hungarian crew had to eject before their jet crashed during a military exercise at Caslav army base in eastern Czech Republic. The Hungarian defence ministry said the two cases were not related.

Hungary army to ground all Gripen jets after second crash-landing

Simple_Guy

F-16 fighter jet smashes into civilian Cessna killing two

Two people were aboard the smaller Cessna, which was completely destroyed, and both died, National Transportation Safety Board spokesman Peter Knudson said. The pilot of the F-16 ejected and "is apparently uninjured," he said. A press release from Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter said the pilot, Maj. Aaron Johnson from the 55th Fighter Squadron, was taken to Joint Base Charleston's medical clinic for observation.

A witness reported that the military plane broadsided the Cessna. The Air Force has flown F-16s since the 1970s, though very few active-duty squadrons still fly them. F-16s from Shaw Air Force Base, about 35 miles east of Columbia, routinely fly training missions over eastern South Carolina and the Atlantic.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

US F-16CJ has crashed in Germany earlier today. Pilot ejected safely. Aircraft belonging to 480th FS from Spangdahlem airbase.

gadeshi

A historic squadron Hawker Hunter T Mk.50 has crushed in Sussecs County (Great Britain):

gadeshi

Su-25SM has crashed in Budionnovsk (Stavropol, Southern MD) yesterday.
Pilot has killed. RIP :(

garg_bharat

Country flag
Yes ! In addition to being an advanced jet trainer, Hawk Mk 132 is fully combat capable and can carry air to air missile and air to ground armament. It could also be used as a lightweight fighter.
The trainer jet can be used as a ground attack aircraft or for air defence.
Hawk is a trainer, not a ground attack or antiship aircraft.

The weapons can be carried for weapons training.

The mig27 in storage can be used if need be.

Hawk costs as much as LCA. So why not use LCA for ground attack?

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Hawk is a trainer, not a ground attack or antiship aircraft.

The weapons can be carried for weapons training.
Saar:
"Hawk is not only the world’s leading military aircraft trainer, it is also a proven light combat aircraft, able to offer close support, reconnaissance, surveillance and air defence – and is ready to play an effective role in combat missions at a fraction of the cost of operating front-line aircraft."

^That is not my personal opinion, but the manufacturer's claim.

The mig27 in storage can be used if need be.

Hawk costs as much as LCA. So why not use LCA for ground attack?
I dunno, maybe because the CAG reports stated that the Tejas lacked pilot protection from 7.62 calibre ammunition ?! Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not here cheerleading for the HAWK to be used as an dedicated ground attack, air defence LCA in the AF. It's upto the IAF what they want.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Saar:
"Hawk is not only the world’s leading military aircraft trainer, it is also a proven light combat aircraft, able to offer close support, reconnaissance, surveillance and air defence – and is ready to play an effective role in combat missions at a fraction of the cost of operating front-line aircraft."

I dunno, maybe because the CAG reports stated that the Tejas lacked pilot protection from 7.62 calibre ammunition ?! Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not here cheerleading for the HAWK to be used as an dedicated ground attack, air defence LCA in the AF. It's upto the IAF what they want.
Hawk has pilot protection? News to me.

Does IAF need "light attack aircraft"? For what?

If Army wanted it or CRPF wanted it, I could understand.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
IAF crash rates has been reduced over the Years.I hope this is not due to reduction of the yearly training hours.

I have heard that average flight hours including combat training for Fighter Pilots (Flankers and Mig 29) is 240 Hrs per year.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles