Air Costa - South India's New Regional Carrier

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Flew a lot on Jet between SIN-DEL & HKG-DEL route never had problem with these guys but flying on AI is always fun like passenger's sleeping on the floor and AIAuntie's hopping over them like they were logs of wood :laugh:

PS - My sucess rate of getting an upgrade on Jet Airways is 4 out of 10.......so when ever I fly,I Jetfly :taunt:
AI flight in the evening DEL-HKG - Japan (not sure if it Tokyo or Osaka or some other city)

Are you a business traveler...
You're kidding, right? About passengers sleeping on the floor. :shocked:

I travel HKG and beyond (East Asia) every two weeks, by DragonAir and Cathay Pacific, and the HKG sector does not even have the construction labourer crowd, unlike the West Asia route.

You must be speaking of an exceptional condition, like some evacuation or something. It is very hard to believe that AI has passengers on the floor on a regular basis!!

cloud_9

Country flag
You're kidding, right? About passengers sleeping on the floor. :shocked:

I travel HKG and beyond (East Asia) every two weeks, by DragonAir and Cathay Pacific, and the HKG sector does not even have the construction labourer crowd, unlike the West Asia route.

You must be speaking of an exceptional condition, like some evacuation or something. It is very hard to believe that AI has passengers on the floor on a regular basis!!
*no kidding face* There were two Japanese citizens sleeping near the lavatories...I was siting in the left hand side row....near the lavatories where you have two seats instead of the usual three....they were using the space between the lavotries and our seats.The AIA's din't bother waking them until we had a seat belt sign and were ready to descent :rofl:

Last edited:

ani82v

Country flag
I haven't seen passengers sleeping on the floor in AI but I did find a lot of passengers sleeping on 3 vacant seats on a Tokyo flight. Most of the seats were empty.
A Business class experience on Economy seats. :)

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I don't believe that any airlines would allow any one to sleep on the floor for the safety reasons as well as inconvenience to other passenger. I call this story BS.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Huh? Kingfisher is basically gone. There is no doubt that it will sink.
Paramount is already gone. Sinking is over ;)

Neither IndiGo nor SpiceJet is likely to sink in the near future - they are the 2 carriers with the healthiest balance sheets.
Guess who owns Spicejet :taunt:

cloud_9

Country flag
I don't believe that any airlines would allow any one to sleep on the floor for the safety reasons as well as inconvenience to other passenger. I call this story BS.
Thanks "The Enlightened One" :namaste:
The thing is that they were not told to move back to their seats even though they were obstructing the movement of people in the alleyway....thus a health hazard to the fellow passengers in the first place before you can through in a mix of safety reasons related to flying.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
*no kidding face* There were two Japanese citizens sleeping near the lavatories...I was siting in the left hand side row....near the lavatories where you have two seats instead of the usual three....they were using the space between the lavotries and our seats.The AIA's din't bother waking them until we had a seat belt sign and were ready to descent :rofl:
Thanks "The Enlightened One" :namaste:
The thing is that they were not told to move back to their seats even though they were obstructing the movement of people in the alleyway....thus a health hazard to the fellow passengers in the first place before you can through in a mix of safety reasons related to flying.
Well, it is a one-off incident then. You made it sound as though it is a regular occurrence, like the general bogie of Indian railways.

I am a very frequent international flyer, and once the sign is on Air hostesses come running to check your seat belts even if you are fast asleep in the middle of the night, and end up disturbing you. That is why I found it weird to hear that AI had regular cases of people sleeping on the floors. AI would have been blacklisted in most foreign destinations if it had been so bad, just like North Korea's Koryo Air has been declared unsafe by EU.

I haven't seen passengers sleeping on the floor in AI but I did find a lot of passengers sleeping on 3 vacant seats on a Tokyo flight. Most of the seats were empty.
Yeah, that happens all the time, and even I have done it a couple of times in the past. But people sleeping on the floor like IR general dabba is atrocious.

cloud_9

Country flag
Well, it is a one-off incident then. You made it sound as though it is a regular occurrence, like the general bogie of Indian railways.
AI is always fun like passenger's sleeping on the floor and AIAuntie's hopping over them like they were logs of wood
It was an example about the AI's fun bits and I gave you the particular example because that was the first time I saw such a thing happen.I wasn't trying to say that it happens on everyday bases but then again if it sounded like it happens frequently...I apologise for that :rolleyes:

aeroblogger

AI flight in the evening DEL-HKG - Japan (not sure if it Tokyo or Osaka or some other city)

Are you a business traveler...
AI flies from Hong Kong to Seoul and Osaka.

I am not a business traveller - I am a student who works his a** off in order to be able to afford to fly 100k miles each year. 3 jobs plus school work isn't much fun, so those upgrades are very much appreciated.

I usually fly Star Alliance, but Air India is my second choice (and only choice domestically).

aeroblogger

I love it when this happens. I experience it most often on US Airways, although I've had a nice spell of these occurences on Thai as well.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles