Ahmedabad metro to run on wind power

aeroblogger

Not sure what you meant by that.

Also, if you were to take an Ambassador 2L DSZ, and replace it with an electric motor and batteries and make it do the same amount of work and produce the same torque, how much electricity would you need, and what weight will the batteries add?

Can you build an electric car the size of a Ford Flex, that can also haul a caravan, and carry the same load, and use 'less' electricity? The answer is no.

Electric cars have not reached that level of efficiency yet. Correct me if I am wrong.
In the end, it all comes down to efficiency. To get the same output in the car, more gasoline needs to be burned than coal. This is because using coal is more efficient at creating electricity, and using electricity to power a car is more efficient than conventional design.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
In the end, it all comes down to efficiency. To get the same output in the car, more gasoline needs to be burned than coal. This is because using coal is more efficient at creating electricity, and using electricity to power a car is more efficient than conventional design.
Dude no on is disagreeing there. We are just saying that the electric car zero emission propaganda is bull shit. Low emission=/=zero emission.

Electric cars can be said to be zero emission[even here not zero polluting;)] if it runs off in nuclear power or other not emitting sources of power

Last edited:

Tolaha

seriously guys? :dude:

when 2 cents n00bs like you and me are analyzing and raising question likes "hey, what about if the wind stops" :dude:

then i am sure, the scientist and engineers and advisers and consultants of this project have already thought about it.
Why is reading before replying out-of-fashion these days? I have not suggested that the engineers have not thought this out enough! Instead, it is the author of the original article being questioned here by me, who has made it sound like the metro will run on wind power alone!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Some evening levity, when I read the title "Ahmedabad metro to run on wind power" the first thought came to my mind that Gujrati food isn't very flatulent :troll:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles