Ahmedabad metro to run on wind power

pankaj nema

Country flag
You spellt it wrong buddy! It is 'CongrAss.' ;)

The fact that one holds an objective view of Modi will surely come across as 'bashing' by Modi fanboys. That is not my problem. I just like to keep it objective, and not get carried away.

Oh, for all those people praising Modi for being so environment friendly, why are they so silent about Nehru, who started off most of the hydel projects? Ah, I know why. He is from 'CongrAss.'
Mate you are missing the wood for the trees

It is NOT just about being Environment friendly It is ABOUT the Rapid progress of
Gujarat which makes Modi haters completely miserable

Modi's success has only INTENSIFIED this hate Modi campaign

Nehru Indira and Rajiv are dead and buried All their GOOD works are
definitely praiseworthy

As I said before Modi lovers DELIBERATELY TEASE Modi haters with Gujarat's progress
and then the fun begins

Give Modi his DUE and WE Modi lovers or fanboys will become OBJECTIVE

PS : In Maharashtra even when one single bridge or flyover is inaugrated
the Whole state cabinet puts its photos in the media and takes fullsome credit

And what about the Advertising blitzkreig done by Mayawati and Jayalalita

Let us face it this is a National phenomenon

Tolaha

Dude?

Ok let me put it this way, if TN BUYS POWER FROM GUJARAT. IT DOES NOT MEAN GUJARAT WILL DIRECTLY SUPPLY ELECTRICITY TO TN. IT WILL BE TAKEN FROM CENTRAL GRID AND THE POWER FROM CENTRAL GRID WILL FLOW THERE INSTEAD. APPLY THE SAME HERE
That's really not what's written in the original post! You have not bothered reading it, have you? :)

P.S: Trust me, I am not old enough that you need to write in CAPS to make it readable for me. But if you used caps to convey that you are shouting at me, then it's fine I suppose! ;)

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^^ now that's a post well put it:fyeah:. Good one pankaj ji:D

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
That's really not what's written in the original post! You have not bothered reading it, have you? :)

P.S: Trust me, I am not old enough that you need to write in CAPS to make it readable for me. But if you used caps to convey that you are shouting at me, then it's fine I suppose! ;)
That caps was from the mobile shit. Sorry for that:(. Dint thought it would bother you so dint erase and re type

But common sense suggest other wise. You can't run anything in continuous wind power:truestory:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Dudes I re-read it. Where does it say it say Will run only on wind power. Now who is the one who misunderstood the articles:dude:

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Yes, I am relying on a bunch of studies and I disagree with "are actually not ill effects" part, while you are relying on the assumption that those who are talking of this initiative have done thorough research. When projects take off in India, oftentimes, not enough research is done (Example: Chenab bridge in J&K). "¨"¨Also, look at your post. That you have used the term probably means you are not sure about what you are saying."¨"¨Every single thing in this world has good and bad effects, and therefore, it is silly to shower all praises on wind mills, and by virtue of that, on Modi.
"¨"¨"©You're disagreeing those not ill effect part because you don't know whether they are ill effect or not. I do know about those symptoms and I can assure you, those symptoms don't represent any major illness and can be easily reversible by taking off people from those areas and it's done by restricting areas around farms. And I used word Prb= problem, not probably...So your rest argument isn't worth to answer."©"©Btw, recent firm studies showed that mobile(cellphone) waves can produce cancer if you use your mobile for 'calling' for 30mins/day and that's for 10+ years.While I'm sure wind farms' low frequency sound can't stand against it.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^^^ absolutely man. Compared to the shit which we can get thanks to coal or gas wind energy is nothin. And you can't say A and B are equals when A causes ten deaths and B causes one death. A=/=B though both cause deaths. Here A is akin to coal and B is akin to wind:D

pankaj nema

Country flag
. When projects take off in India, oftentimes, not enough research is done (Example: Chenab bridge in J&K).
What is wrong with Chenab bridge Now you are saying that the Hundreds of engineers who have
designed analysed and are making this bridge are fools

And GOI is throwing money

Every single thing in this world has good and bad effects, and therefore, it is silly to shower all praises on wind mills, and by virtue of that, on Modi.
Modi is only taking rightful credit

What he is doing is far BETTER than calling your opponents as MAOISTS
As Mamta didi did recently or celebrating KKR' cricket victory in IPL as HER own Achievement

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@ VIP regarding cells and cancer there is no definite proof. Some studies say its causative while some disagree.

I for one won't buy that shit that radio waves can cause brain rumour. Radio waves have a energy hundred times less than that of visible light to which we are exposed entire life. How can that possibly cause brain cancer. Mobiles use Radio waves afaik. Correct me if I am wrong

Tolaha

That caps was from the mobile shit. Sorry for that:(. Dint thought it would bother you so dint erase and re type
Just kidding! I would never fight with a doctor, atleast not online! :D

But common sense suggest other wise. You can't run anything in continuous wind power
True. But from the article in the original post:

In a first in the country, the Rs 15,000-crore Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Metro Rail project is likely to have a dedicated 20 MW wind power generation plant to run its trains

I dont have any data to backup my claim, but I think its a fun/interesting tid-bit to share here. TN Electricity board has one of the highest debt burdens in the country. Guess which state has the highest wind power generation capacity, more than twice the second rank holder? :D

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
The engineers will have considered it. But my issue, still is with the author of the original article (and not the engineers) who made it sound that the metro is wind power driven. Could it be possible that the author was mistaken if not the engineers?"¨"¨"¨"¨You will find a bunch of Pakistanis cheering every fortnight that Thar coal will make Pakistan the richest country in the world. My point being, let us first understand what we are cheering at and then give credit deservedly!"¨"¨Using wind power = Good"¨Saying metro will run on wind power = Not sure"¨Electric vehicles in our current system = Transferring pollution from one place to another
"¨"¨"©Author clearly posted that "20MW dedicated wind powered line would be established".Now if a metro needs 20 MW power than it's wholly wind power driven.If not than partially.So, what's the difference ?? Nothing. Author put up 20 MW point clearly which is cheered up here.And that's actually a good point to cheer up.Isn't it ?? Or still you're comparing us with Pakis ?? And we know this initiative won't make our country super power."©"©And I'm not saying it will be successful, but the initiative taken by govt is excellent.It shows the govt is actually working seriously for this project.And it can encourage to develop the project further, more and more."©"©And what's the point to put your last paragraph here.Everybody knows that.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Just kidding! I would never fight with a doctor, atleast not online! :D

True. But from the article in the original post:
I dont have any data to backup my claim, but I think its a fun/interesting tid-bit to share here. TN Electricity board has one of the highest debt burdens in the country. Guess which state has the highest wind power generation capacity, more than twice the second rank holder? :D
Ji that article means that wind power Will be dedicated to the power plant. It does not say anywhere it onto use power from anywhere else. Its something sort of one way traffic if you know what I mean.

TN gives shit for free. The tariffs were never raised for a long time. That's the reason for TNEB debt and not wind power.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
@ VIP regarding cells and cancer there is no definite proof. Some studies say its causative while some disagree."¨"¨I for one won't buy that shit that radio waves can cause brain rumour. Radio waves have a energy hundred times less than that of visible light to which we are exposed entire life. How can that possibly cause brain cancer. Mobiles use Radio waves afaik. Correct me if I am wrong
"¨"¨"©That's why I put that example here.Those were just studies and done with very wrongful methods.What pmaitra is giving us are even not studies.Those are just results got by some scientists.So he can compare them patiently and understand which point we're making here.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
"¨"¨"©That's why I put that example here.Those were just studies and done with very wrongful methods.What pmaitra is giving us are even not studies.Those are just results got by some scientists.So he can compare them patiently and understand which point we're making here.
Not to mention the fAct that radio waves are around us all the time. Ever wonder why radio works wherever you take it:D

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Well, if I say that wind mills do not make holes in the Ozone Layer and cause no greenhouse effect (actually they do cause thermal effects), will you now go back and (1) read the links, and (2) see the videos, that I have posted and counter those points?
"¨"¨"©And those thermal effects would do what ?? Melting down whole southern and nothern poles' ice ?? Increase of some LOCAL temperature won't harm environment."©"©Btw, what you're trying to prove here ?? Modi is wrong or wind power is bad ?? Or trying to prove Modi a bad person by alleging wind energy a bad one ??

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I don't think the metro would run completely on Wind Power.

• Wind Power turbines will be connected to the State grid
  • By extension, the metro will be connected to the State grid
  • When wind is inconsistent, it'll draw more energy from the grid. No batteries involved

JMT

The hype.

The reality.

Comparison with Solar Energy isn't appropriate. Wind Energy is actually cheaper than Nuclear Energy

From the chart, we can see that Solar power is truly over-hyped

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Give Modi his DUE and WE Modi lovers or fanboys will become OBJECTIVE

PS : In Maharashtra even when one single bridge or flyover is inaugrated
the Whole state cabinet puts its photos in the media and takes fullsome credit

And what about the Advertising blitzkreig done by Mayawati and Jayalalita

Let us face it this is a National phenomenon
I for one won't blame them for advertising. When there opponents pay media to write sit about thEm then it id only fair that they advertise their achievements too

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I for one won't blame them for advertising. When there opponents pay media to write sit about thEm then it id only fair that they advertise their achievements too
"¨"¨"©Plus filling pages with full ad of Rajiv Gandhi Shraddhanjali by various ministries of govt to please Sonia G.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^^one day I Will photo graph that shit and Will post a separate thread here on the advertisement by Gandhi family just so that some one opens their mouth on advertising by "doers" it can be shut up:fyeah:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
The only advantage with electric cars is that they do not spew emissions in the middle of the cities. However, the more we convert energy from one form to another, the more energy is lost. Electric cars are not quite energy efficient. Now I don't want to get started with the amount of hazardous chemicals used to make batteries, and how the disposal of used batteries harm the environment.

People's gimmicks sometimes blow over my head.
i have read all your argument and you are making absolutely no point or you lack knowledge.

only yusuf and VIP is talking sense on this thread.

let me tell you something about hybrid cars and electric cars from a real person. hybrid cars is not just always about emissions.

i own/have owned many cars. i own toyota prius V too and my cousin have chevy volt. although prius beats chevy volt hands down from all angels including cost to own.

lets take 3 cars for example, i bring my camry and prius and my cousin brings his chevy volt into the equation.

i bought my prius for $25,700 (on road price).
and camry for $24,000 approx.

my camry give me 20-24 miles per gallon in city and upto 33 miles in highway driving
prius gives me 52-55 approx miles per gallon in city and 40-45 miles in highway driving

now volt gives us 40-43 miles just by using battery power. we charge the battery during the night and we are good for 40 miles(just like we charge cell phones). enough to do home-office-home every day. if we are on long drive then gas engine kicks in after 40 miles and gas engine merely charges battery. volt can hold upto 9 gallons. so in the long drive volt can gives me 385 miles (620 km).

i do atleast 50 miles every day to do home-office-home trip.

in dfw 1 gallon of gas(fuel/petrol) = 3.25$

so my camry needs 2+ gallons to make that trip (total fuel cost is 6.50$ dollars per day)
prius needs less than 1 gallon to make that trip (total fuel cost is 3.25$ dollars per day)
volt does not need gas to travel less than 40 miles so lets say it may need 0.2 gallons of gas (total cost is about a dollar per day including fuel and electric bill to charge the car during the night.)

so if i go-to office 5 days a week then

camry = 6.50 x 5 = 32.5$ for fuel
prius = 3.25 x 5 = 16.25$ for fuel
volt = less than 5 dollars per week :evil:

each month have 4 weeks so my every month fuel expenditure is.....

then

camry = 32.5 x 4 = 130$ :scared:
prius = 16.25 x 4 = 65$ :notbad:
volt... well = 20-25$ only :fyeah:

so you see, my operation cost of is half of the regular conventional cars. i haven't included other driving variables like like going to groceries shop or hanging out with friends etc.

advantages of hybrid electric car

* hybrid cars are super quiet. you won't even know if your engines are on or off. rides is very comfy :yey:
* zero emission or almost zero emission :rofl:
* longer engine life due to less gas engine parts
* very cost effective

in prius, 1 battery life is enough to go 80,000 miles(1,28,747 Km) or good for 5 years. and replacement cost is 1200-1500$ (could be wrong)
i do not know much about volts battery life.

cost and carbon foot print to make and recycle 1 such battery once every 5 years is very very very less compared to oil and various lubricants that we put in our regular cars every month.

although it looks like volts gives better mileages, the truth is very different. if you are not going to do more than 40 miles every day then volt is the right choice or else u may need prius.

i am actively looking to sell my camry and my get my hands on nissan leaf or chevy volt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles