Ahmedabad metro to run on wind power

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
You are absolutely right."¨"¨My grief arises not out of wind mills (that are good because they are renewable but also bad because they have their ill effects), but out of this apical frenzy of some authors, like that of the OP, that portrays Modi as the harbinger of modern marvels of human civilization into the lives of the ignorant masses that inhabit this land."¨"¨Surely, this personality cult and fanboyism is deeply disturbing.
"¨"¨"©Bad effects ?? You're relying on some bunch of studies done by bunch of scientist who are still not sure about those so called ill effects."©"©Ill effects like nausea, loss of apetite,etc.. occuring to people living near to such farms are actually not ill effects, you can easily counter such problem by restricting some area around wind farms and this prb is due to low frequency sounds made by turbine can be solved by further development in this area if ill effects are proved firmly."©"©Googling such keywords don't make this energy bad as you claim."©

Tolaha

Is there a better solution that Wind power in this particular case
If so you please write it to Gujarat govt

Now coming to Modi

Gujarat is RUN by Modi So It is natural that Gujarat's success will be claimed by Modi
and will further strengthen Modi's position in National politics

Of course Gujarat has a very talented pool of entrepreneurs who are instrumental
in Gujarat's progress

BUT just as PM MMS can claim that ALL of India's progress
post 1991 is his creation SO too can Modi claim his ROLE in Gujarat's progress
If you were not so obsessed with discovering 'antimodi' in all the matter in this virtual world, you might have had a better shot at the point that was being made!

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Let's say, it is not happening in other states because it is not a good solution, or, they will do it when they are convinced it is a good solution.

You cannot run an urban railway network on wind energy alone.
Read VIP's post. That pretty much sums up the points I am trying to make.

Regarding other states , bs man. The other states don't have the investor confidence of Gujarat. That's the truth.

pankaj nema

Country flag
You are absolutely right.

My grief arises not out of wind mills (that are good because they are renewable but also bad because they have their ill effects), but out of this apical frenzy of some authors, like that of the OP, that portrays Modi as the harbinger of modern marvels of human civilization into the lives of the ignorant masses that inhabit this land.

Surely, this personality cult and fanboyism is deeply disturbing.
My dear friend it seems you are recent follower of Indian MASS adulatory politics

Congress men have been doing this ever since Jawahar lal nehru

Perhaps you have not heard of " Indira is India " slogan the ULTIMATE symbol of sycophancy

Nehru Indira and Rajiv were ALL GODS according to Congreesis

In this case Modi bashers CANNOT " fix " him on riots cases
SO they vent their angry feelings on his successes in Gujarat's development

Modi LOVERS tease Modi Haters with Gujarat's PROGRESS
and both sides indulge in brickbats :fencing:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I never said wind mills cause pollution, but yes, they do - sound pollution.

The only BS in this entire conversation is you not reading my posts. ;)

Here you go, someone has already explained:
Noice pollution - well duh . How many holes did that Noice pollution make in Ozone:rolleyes:

Or lets ask how much green house effect do they add?

And lets ban industries and cities as they cause Noice pollution too:rolleyes:. Argumentative Indians- you and me:D

Last edited:

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I am aware about the advantages of wind power. If anything in my posts made you feel that I am opposed to wind farms, then you are mistaken."¨"¨"¨"¨True, that would be terrific. However, it wont be a wind power driven metro then!
"¨"¨"©You're raising some questions which are always under consideration of people who're setting up this facilities.They know better than us.Otherwise they wouldn't have considered about this alternative energy sources."©"©And I said I would be happy, if they really set up 20MW dedicated windfarm for metro than I would be much much happy, I wouldn't care if metro is wholly supplied by wind power or not.Common it's an initiative and cheer it up as it is and give credit to the admins for it.I hope whole India follows this initiative and do better than Gujarat in future.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
"¨"¨"©Bad effects ?? You're relying on some bunch of studies done by bunch of scientist who are still not sure about those so called ill effects."©"©Ill effects like nausea, loss of apetite,etc.. occuring to people living near to such farms are actually not ill effects, you can easily counter such problem by restricting some area around wind farms and this prb is due to low frequency sounds made by turbine can be solved by further development in this area if ill effects are proved firmly."©"©Googling such keywords don't make this energy bad as you claim."©
This is the reason u can't argue about medical problems with a doctor. Here VIP is one .:pound::taunt1:. Good one bro . Can't like it thanks to my mobile format to which I an stuck

SLASH

Solar energy is absolutely useless. It is good over rooftops but for large scale power production is way too expensive. It 5 times more expensive than coal powered plant and 3 times more expensive than wind power. Plus maintenance is a big pain.

Anyone can invest and own a wind turbine. Big companies like Suzlon provide turn-key solutions for many businesses to invest in green technology. Let say my factory uses 1.2MW per hour, I can set up a wind turbine of 1.2MW. I get 70% funding from the government. 80% depreciation in the first year itself. And surplus power can be sold to the government or the open market. The same cannot be said of solar power. The cost of land itself is sometimes more expensive than the setting up the panel.

All said and done, renewable energy is only good for states that have surplus power. States with a power deficit should stick to conventional power plants.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
^^^solar power is useless in present form except on some rare cases. The pollution involved in creation of photovoltaic cells is greater than burning coal directly for energy.

And states should not stick to conventional sources of energy but rather to nuclear energy. No point in investing in something which Will run out in a feel years like coal

SLASH

People here are getting confused. They can set up a wind farm in the name of Ahmedabad Metro but still run conventional power. The energy from the wind farms will be used for the nearby villages and towns (the ones closest to the wind farms).

pmaitra

My dear friend it seems you are recent follower of Indian MASS adulatory politics

Congress men have been doing this ever since Jawahar lal nehru

Perhaps you have not heard of " Indira is India " slogan the ULTIMATE symbol of sycophancy

Nehru Indira and Rajiv were ALL GODS according to Congreesis

In this case Modi bashers CANNOT " fix " him on riots cases
SO they vent their angry feelings on his successes in Gujarat's development

Modi LOVERS tease Modi Haters with Gujarat's PROGRESS
and both sides indulge in brickbats :fencing:
You spellt it wrong buddy! It is 'CongrAss.' ;)

The fact that one holds an objective view of Modi will surely come across as 'bashing' by Modi fanboys. That is not my problem. I just like to keep it objective, and not get carried away.

Oh, for all those people praising Modi for being so environment friendly, why are they so silent about Nehru, who started off most of the hydel projects? Ah, I know why. He is from 'CongrAss.'

Tolaha

"¨"¨"©You're raising some questions which are always under consideration of people who're setting up this facilities.They know better than us.Otherwise they wouldn't have considered about this alternative energy sources."©"©
The engineers will have considered it. But my issue, still is with the author of the original article (and not the engineers) who made it sound that the metro is wind power driven. Could it be possible that the author was mistaken if not the engineers?

Common it's an initiative and cheer it up as it is and give credit to the admins for it.I hope whole India follows this initiative and do better than Gujarat in future.
You will find a bunch of Pakistanis cheering every fortnight that Thar coal will make Pakistan the richest country in the world. My point being, let us first understand what we are cheering at and then give credit deservedly!

Using wind power = Good
Saying metro will run on wind power = Not sure
Electric vehicles in our current system = Transferring pollution from one place to another

Last edited:

pmaitra

Yes, I am relying on a bunch of studies and I disagree with "are actually not ill effects" part, while you are relying on the assumption that those who are talking of this initiative have done thorough research. When projects take off in India, oftentimes, not enough research is done (Example: Chenab bridge in J&K).

Also, look at your post. That you have used the term probably means you are not sure about what you are saying.

Every single thing in this world has good and bad effects, and therefore, it is silly to shower all praises on wind mills, and by virtue of that, on Modi.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You spellt it wrong buddy! It is 'CongrAss.' ;)

The fact that one holds an objective view of Modi will surely come across as 'bashing' by Modi fanboys. That is not my problem. I just like to keep it objective, and not get carried away.

Oh, for all those people praising Modi for being so environment friendly, why are they so silent about Nehru, who started off most of the hydel projects? Ah, I know why. He is from 'CongrAss.'
Did I not acknowledge already that, that was one good thing among his thousand disasters:taunt1:

Besides who knows, if we had a capitalist party in power we would have seen more investments in India and much better state of matters now

pmaitra

Noice pollution - well duh . How many holes did that Noice pollution make in Ozone:rolleyes:

Or lets ask how much green house effect do they add?

And lets ban industries and cities as they cause Noice pollution too:rolleyes:. Argumentative Indians- you and me:D
Well, if I say that wind mills do not make holes in the Ozone Layer and cause no greenhouse effect (actually they do cause thermal effects), will you now go back and (1) read the links, and (2) see the videos, that I have posted and counter those points?

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
The engineers will have considered it. But my issue, still is with the author of the original article (and not the engineers) who made it sound that the metro is wind power driven. Could it be possible that the author was mistaken if not the engineers?

You will find a bunch of Pakistanis cheering every fortnight that Thar coal will make Pakistan the richest country in the world. My point being, let us first understand what we are cheering at and then give credit deservedly!

Using wind power = Good
Electric vehicles in our current system = Transferring pollution from one place to another
Dude?

Ok let me put it this way, if TN BUYS POWER FROM GUJARAT. IT DOES NOT MEAN GUJARAT WILL DIRECTLY SUPPLY ELECTRICITY TO TN. IT WILL BE TAKEN FROM CENTRAL GRID AND THE POWER FROM CENTRAL GRID WILL FLOW THERE INSTEAD. APPLY THE SAME HERE;)

pmaitra

Using wind power = Good
Succinctly put.

Excellent!

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Well, if I say that wind mills do not make holes in the Ozone Layer and cause no greenhouse effect (actually they do cause thermal effects), will you now go back and (1) read the links, and (2) see the videos, that I have posted and counter those points?
Really how do they cause thermal effect?

I can't watcher video. For the sixteenth time I am stuck with my mobile and am stuck with the DFImobile style:(. Make the points here and I Will counter:)

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
This is the reason u can't argue about medical problems with a doctor. Here VIP is one .:pound::taunt1:. Good one bro . Can't like it thanks to my mobile format to which I an stuck
"¨"¨"©Me too have same prb.I can't like many posts here.:(

Global Defence

New threads

Articles