AH-64E Apache attack helicopter

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
isn't this deal way way overpriced?

only 22 helo for whopping 1.4 billion $ USD ??

I could buy 20 fighters of 4.5 generation for the same price. ?? why do we always pay more price to american weapons? we paid around 250% more for heavy transport aircraft C-130J Super Hercules compared to Australians.

any comments?

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
Old story Bureaucracy !

We presently dont need Stealth Helo but First we need to make our first Stealth fighter, Only US is known to have such capabilities which is known to general public..

And abt 'security on govt shoulder , its upto our force' :rolleyes:
http://defenceforumindia.com/indian-army/26373-20-years-fighting-still-without-proper-weapons.html
dont you think govt is just bunch of fools , you will be agree with me on war time of there family will goes to some other country .

why not our force make some pressure on them use some trick

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

only 22 helo for whopping 1.4 billion $ USD ??

According to the statement, the FMS components to be supplied along with the direct commercial sale of 22 AH-64D Block III Apache helicopters would include '50 T700-GE-701D engines, 12 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars, 12 AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometers,812 AGM-114L-3 Hellfire Longbow missiles, 542 AGM-114R-3 Hellfire II missiles, 245 Stinger Block I-92H missiles, and 23 Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensors'.

Other components and services would include 'rockets, training and dummy missiles, 30mm ammunition, transponders, simulators, global positioning system/inertial navigation systems, communication equipment, spare and repair parts; tools and test equipment, support equipment, repair and return support, personnel training and training equipment; publications and technical documentation, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services; and other related elements of logistics support'.

The US DSCA says the complete package is worth approximately $1.4 billion.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
yes they are over priced but dont you think we can use them in . our DRDO team can work on them .

copy and use them some where else
what about end user monitoring agreement? they will inspect their aircrafts when ever they get itch.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I am not aure "worth $1.4 billion" means really that's what IAF is paying. IAF maybe paying less, while US is touting them as worth more than the price. A value for the money kind of propaganda.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@ kunal :: cant we convet them on stealth hele .

we need stealth hele for china border , we should make some deal with usa for thats
I dont think we need to, As time goes by we will have what is needed, Besides Heat signature can be easily detected by Flair pods..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I am not aure "worth $1.4 billion" means really that's what IAF is paying. IAF maybe paying less, while US is touting them as worth more than the price. A value for the money kind of propaganda.
Hardware, weapon, training, spares all comes in single package..

So it is 1.4million..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Arya, son I think you need to read up a lot before posting. You may be new. It would help you if you spend time to read around and also see how people post.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why stingers as part of the package?

arya

Country flag
Arya, son I think you need to read up a lot before posting. You may be new. It would help you if you spend time to read around and also see how people post.
well while china can do (reverse engg ) then why not we can do

i hope you remember what air chief told to DRDO

well thanks for your suggestion

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Why stingers as part of the package?
i think stingers can also be fired from those helo.... i m just guessing as per some action movies :taunt: it could be served as small anti air missiles as well

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
i think stingers can also be fired from those helo.... i m just guessing as per some action movies :taunt:
Confusion between stingers and sidewinders? I don't know. MANPADS from helos???

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
No yusuf, it is not sidewinder,

i believe it was an action movie released around 1996 where apache helos duel against russians Mil Mi-24s. in one of the scene, a apache is gunned by Mil mi 24 and that apache crash landed. then the pilot somehow survived and he got off the cockpot and took one of heat seeking stinger missile from the helo's crashed wing and then he shot down the Mil mi-24 which gunned him..

:pound:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sidewinders can be used but proved to be expensive..

Cobra gunship had AIM-9 while serving in mid 90s..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles