Agni V Missile

plugwater

Saya the launching of multiple satellites is different from launching MIRV. The satellites are launched at different time one by one but in MIRV all warheads will be launched at same time and every warhead should reach the target.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Saya the launching of multiple satellites is different from launching MIRV. The satellites are launched at different time one by one but in MIRV all warheads will be launched at same time and every warhead should reach the target.
that is true manc, that also means that satellite launch is more complicated whereas the missile MIRV launch is more easy as the missile warhead sepration will be done for all the MIRVs at the same time, unlike in the satellites where every satellite has a orbit and hight so it will be launch one by one.

plugwater

I agree saya. But the question is will ISRO share this technology with DRDO?

rocky2

ITs really a good news for us..but can anyone tell me which date are we testing A5 missile...it wud create gr8 concerns for china when they hear the test is successfull

Agantrope

I agree saya. But the question is will ISRO share this technology with DRDO?
Do you think they havent? ISRO is also on the watchdog list with many DRDO labs after the 1998 Nuclear test.
Afterall both are under the control of same entity ie Government of India

vikramrana_1812

Country flag
Long range missile is the only area of concern in a war against china...and India is going to make this weekness our FUTURE strength.........GOOD LUCK INDIA

plugwater

Do you think they havent? ISRO is also on the watchdog list with many DRDO labs after the 1998 Nuclear test.
Afterall both are under the control of same entity ie Government of India
Its not so easy to gift a hard earned technology to other organization even if both the organizations are under GoI. But i admit that ISRO have shared and helped DRDO in the past.

Illusive

Country flag
The chinese poses DF-21 or DF-25 for India, but since they are only 2500km meaning they have to fire it from Tibet or maybe DF-4 (CSS-3) silo based and semimobile, 5,550–7,000 km range. I think what have caught them worried is that they would have no place to hide if India test fires A5 succesfully which i think it will.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Its not so easy to gift a hard earned technology to other organization even if both the organizations are under GoI. But i admit that ISRO have shared and helped DRDO in the past.
DRDO will see help from ISRO in MIRV implementation. Not on large scale but for critical stages. Multiple satellite launching shares some technique with MIRVd missile.

Also these two organizations will be exchanging info & working together on future projects. HSTDV can be considered as example.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
OK lets look it from the pics as to how difficult the ISRO job compare to DRDO job is

First ISRO (pictures from Oceansat-2 and nano satellites)

now the MIRVs as done by others

now what will A5 looks like (artistic impression) all of you have seen it still

BTW this looks

so close to this

this is what i am trying to say for last few years.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
So optimistically, I will expect 5 warheads in Agni. Thats quiete enough. Although depends on actual warhead weight & range we are targeting.........

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
No doubt it is good news. But I fail to understand why DRDO/Defense Ministry keeps on announcing that various missiles are ready for testing. We should test it first and than make the announcement later.

Please stop making statement like future super power. Japan does not have any ICBM. Does it mean Japan is not a super power? We are a power to reckon with, let's put it that way.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No doubt it is good news. But I fail to understand why DRDO/Defense Ministry keeps on announcing that various missiles are ready for testing. We should test it first and than make the announcement later.
Raksha Mintri want to tell china dont take us lightly we will test A5 shortly therefore with MIRVs on it midcourse interceptor wont be much of use. :happy_2:

Please remember that DRDO chief said that A5 will be tested next year, which technically means in Jan or after that means we are minimum 3 months away. :emot159:
:happy_7:

charlie

Country flag
can anyone confirm that after agni 5 it is the turn of a true icbm of 10000 km range. i wonder when will india test a 10000 km ballistic weapon which will make even the US think twice before providing pakistan with sophisticated military equipments free of cost.
well the truth is there were some expert in US that think that india has already that capability and they said the project name was surya but the Indian government always denied that allegation made by US well the claim was made because we have PSLV that can be used as a missile too with few modification and it will have a range of 8000 to 12000 as you know that most of the chinese rockets Long march series are all made from ballistic missile but india is not keen on developing a missile of that range for now, it is just concentrating on a MIRV and canister launching and after 5000 range it will go for 8000 range and developing an 8000 range missile is going to take a lot of time it's not like that agni V as most of the things in agni V are derived for agni III so it took us less then an year to develop

charlie

Country flag
they would have already done it 'cos russian, chinese missiles already cover stockholm.
in the above report he is just taking stockholm to illustrate the missile. does not mean threatening them. india and sweden have no issues to fight.
well sweden and norway were neutral country so they never faced a threat even at the time of cold war ya but they were now and then harassed by the soviet union submarine and once sweden lost it temper and tried to sank a russian submarine but a bit of oil came out but it was not conformed that the hit the submarine and there were many instances of harassing by soviet union navy to sweden but it has no enemies and it has good relation with china, russia, US and india so it dosent face any threat form even on of these countries

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
well sweden and norway were neutral country so they never faced a threat even at the time of cold war ya but they were now and then harassed by the soviet union submarine and once sweden lost it temper and tried to sank a russian submarine but a bit of oil came out but it was not conformed that the hit the submarine and there were many instances of harassing by soviet union navy to sweden but it has no enemies and it has good relation with china, russia, US and india so it dosent face any threat form even on of these countries
I think the report was just using Sweden as an example BECAUSE they are neutral (so they won't mind if you use them in our reports :))

IMO the main target of the Agni V is America. We can already reach 95% of China with Agni III. You might say America is an ally of India, but if and when India aspires to be a global superpower instead of just a regional power, we can be sure that America will oppose us. It's always good to have insurance for the future ;)

charlie

Country flag
in the future you can expect Shauriya and AGNI 5 both in SLBM form, AGNI ideally will be in SLBM MIRV. AGNI 5 will be 1 ton nuclear or conventional payload. There will be 3 -10 warheads in the MIRV some maybe dummy warheads but each warhead will have 30-100 kilotons, instead of delivering 1 MEGATON in one spot it will deliver 50-100 kt in many different locations.
in future you can see shauriya having a long range or an new missile but not agni 5 as the size of the missile is very large for an SLBM

Country flag
in future you can see shauriya having a long range or an new missile but not agni 5 as the size of the missile is very large for an SLBM
Surya will be a land based ICBM if the program exists, AGNI is the only SLBM we have planned, we have naval Prithvi version-Dhanush ;Klubs', Shaurya/K-15 and Brahmos are sub launched cruise missiles.

Last edited:

charlie

Country flag
I agree that seems to the plan, the Shaurya's Creators are pitching the missile as a replacement ot older Agni models.

The prithvi is already being replaced.
well shaurya is a strategic missile and prithvi and agni are ballistic missile they are very different category they cant even be compared with each other agni and pritvhi leaves the atmosphere and re-enters the atmosphere shaurya never leaves the atmosphere

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles