Agni V Missile test launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I dont drive in the US but anytime after 6 PM anywhere in the city is good for me. Your call.
I'm in Keyport, N.J.; there used to be a ferry to NYC from here but no longer I think. The captain ran it into the dock and killed some passengers. Anyway, let's postpone this until I figure out my route to the city; maybe in a couple of weeks. I suppose I could drive to Staten Island and take the S.I. ferry. I'll send you a PM.

Here we go:

Ferry travels between Belford, NJ and World Financial Center in downtown Manhattan with a stop at Wall Street, Pier 11.
I'll have a look at the schedule.

Last edited:

trackwhack

My girlfriend is performing an Indian classical dance in Flushing on 22nd this month. See if you can make yourself available. Its a Sunday, so lots of time to trash things out.

Adux

Country flag
Yes it will be a happy day when India can destroy any city on the globe. Indians can look forward to demanding the same respect as North Korea!

North Korea threatens 'merciless punishment' as it readies rocket launch - Telegraph
Ewald,

That is not appericiated at all, and not at all expected out of you, We waited 55 years for US and the rest of the world to give up weapons, we have come to conclusion you nor other fella's who posses it, have any intention of giving it up. So we just ripped the club into smithereens a decade ago.

I know you are being treated rather unfairly because of your nationality by a lot of leftist anti imperalist non-realist Indians with a cold war hangover, but with your age and experience, I expect you not to bother about those naive posters.

Thanks

Adu

trackwhack

Ewald,

That is not appericiated at all, and not at all expected out of you, We waited 55 years for US and the rest of the world to give up weapons, we have come to conclusion you nor other fella's who posses it, have any intention of giving it up. So we just ripped the club into smithereens a decade ago.

I know you are being treated rather unfairly because of your nationality by a lot of leftist anti imperalist non-realist Indians with a cold war hangover, but with your age and experience, I expect you not to bother about those naive posters.

Thanks

Adu

He wont get it. I've tried to say that to him politely.

But to take you up on your judgements here. Are you saying India needs a global reach in its delivery systems or not?

Adux

Country flag
Yes, and I believe we already have it, adding a few more thousand kms is cakewalk for us, but there is no need to make an enemy where there is none, especially in a chin-pak scenario, this has to be our focus in the near and medium term

I have always found ewald a practical and astute man

trackwhack

Yes, and I believe we already have it, adding a few more thousand kms is cakewalk for us, but there is no need to make an enemy where there is none, especially in a chin-pak scenario, this has to be our focus in the near and medium term

Except for this one topic. Why does he find it difficult to digest that India with an ICBM poses as much threat to the US as US with ICBM's does to India? This aint the first time its been discussed and the topic seems to bring out the best in him.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
OK, just to make it clear, my initial response was to Messiah's comment, not to the Agni-V launch, and I don't equate India with NK. My hope is that the launch from Wheeler Island is a success. Are we good?:)

pmaitra

^^

You are very kind, Sir!

We are all passionate about our countries and we are all humans.

Some wise person said: To err is human, to forgive divine!

Hope we are all happy again. :)

aerokan

Country flag
It's Pakistan USA is worried about Pakistan's nuclear bomb is a Islamic nuke
USA does not want a islamic ICBM that pak will share with all.
US had the effing solution all along. Stop funding the effing pakis. Chinese don't even give grass for free. Problem solved. But no US won't do it. Because it has no intention of doing it. It need someone to lick their boots and a reason to attack other countries.:tsk:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Countdown to India's big Agni leap begins - Hindustan Times

The countdown to test-firing Agni-5, India's first inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM), between April 18 and 24 has begun. India is scheduled to issue air and shipping advisories on Tuesday afternoon for the launch of the missile in the Bay of Bengal and Indian Ocean.

Successful test-firing of the Agni-5 will catapult India to a hyper-exclusive club that now counts only the United States, Russia and China as members. It will be a huge strategic leap and give India capability to target all of Asia, including the northernmost parts of China and large parts of Europe as well.

Government sources said that the Indian Navy is expected to issue a world-wide notam (acronym for 'notice to airmen') on Tuesday, asking ships and aircraft to steer clear of the area on account of missile firing during the scheduled period.

The three stage solid-fuelled 50-tonne missile will be launched off Wheeler Island in Odisha and is expected to reach its target area in southern Indian Ocean

Defence minister AK Antony is expected to be present for the launch.

Official sources said that the missile will be test-fired over the full-range of 5,000 km and will be monitored by DRDO scientists from launch to the point of impact in order to study its accuracy.

Once the missile is inducted into India's strategic forces in the next three years, New Delhi will acquire deterrent capacity against China.

India's strategic establishment has been eagerly waiting for the Agni-5 ICBM since Beijing started deploying strategic missiles in Tibet and Xinjiang autonomous regions against India and building capacities of its land forces in the region.

Last year, India discovered multiple missile silos at Xiadulla across the Karakoram Pass in China's Xinjiang region. Following this, the Indian Air Force has strengthened its air bases along the line of actual control that is the de-facto border with China.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I guess now we are getting away with this nonsense of near/almost ICBM type of oxymoron acronyms, finally we are just saying what this missile is an ICBM

All the best to DRDO for the success of the missile.

plugwater

Successful test-firing of the Agni-5 will catapult India to a hyper-exclusive club that now counts only the United States, Russia and China as members
:pound:

France is also a member of hyper-exclusive club :)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

So if they become enemies because of our ICBM's even though we have no intention of lobbing it at them then i must say they weren't really friends to begin with. Now if you say you know they aren't real friends then it makes sense to have an ICBM (even secretly).

If we aspire to reach the top then we must have the "top stuff" when it comes to weapons or we can play second fiddle. You cannot reach the top without making enemies.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
The Agni-4 tested recently had very high trajectory reaching 900km height, while Agni 3 tested in 2010 was around 350km altitude and lower angle . 900km altitude is almost approaching ICBMs. 10000 km+ missiles approach altitude of 1000 to 1400km

Somehow the specs sound like A4 is more efficient missile than A3 if advertized ranges are to be believed, A4 weighs 20 tonnes designed to carry 1 ton payload while the same A4 weighs 48 tons carry 1.5 ton payload, the difference in range is just 15% , does half a ton more payload require so much more propellants to carry? or A4s propellant is more efficient compared to A3?

Adux

Country flag
So if they become enemies because of our ICBM's even though we have no intention of lobbing it at them then i must say they weren't really friends to begin with. Now if you say you know they aren't real friends then it makes sense to have an ICBM (even secretly).

If we aspire to reach the top then we must have the "top stuff" when it comes to weapons or we can play second fiddle. You cannot reach the top without making enemies.
I think you are quite naive and simple om this issue, messiah, I dont think USA will really be bothered by our ICBM's nor will they ever try to stop it. They have far more serious issues than a very stable democracy going for ICBM's, They would be bothered if Pakistan does the same. But it does give out a signal and gives out a apprehension, it begets unwanted attention at our current juncture, If you are good chess player, you will now when to show your crown jewels.

Want to bet, that as our SBBN fleet grows, we would add more kilometers to our missiles, agni slbm would touch 10,000 before agni land based.

trackwhack

Projected to become one of the top three economies of the world and maybe even the biggest given time, do we need global strategic reach? Yes. That reach has to be three pronged, Land based missiles, sub based missiles and bombers. This is not to intimidate anyone. It is to ensure no one tramples on our economic assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles