arya

Country flag
guys pls dont go off topic

mod pls merge the thread with the old one related to missile one

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
April 10-15 is the window for test launch.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
On way to the Island ?? ... Goosebumps Goosebumps !!! :p
Wheeler Island (India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wheeler Island is an island off the coast of Orissa, India. It is approximately 150 km from the state capital Bhubaneshwar. India maintains a missile testing facility on the island.[1]

Wheeler Island is located approximately 10 kilometers off the East coast of India on the Bay of Bengal and about 70 kilometers south of Chandipur in Orissa. The island is approximately 2 kilometers long and occupies about 390 acres (1.6 km2). Wheeler Island is the missile test facility for the most of Indian missiles including long range ones. Access to the test facility is by ship as there is no bridge or airport connecting the island to the mainland. There is a small helipad, but missile airframes and all supplies, construction materials and heavy equipment arrive by ship.

Location It is located in Orissa in Bhadrak District near Chandbali, 150 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, nearest port is the Dhamara port. On 17/5/2010 missile Agni-II and 0n 26/07/2010 interceptor missile was launched from this island.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We don't need 15,000 kms range missile now or in the future.

An SLBM version of A5 will do the job with may be an enhanced range or about 7000-8000 kms.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Yes it will be a happy day when India can destroy any city on the globe. Indians can look forward to demanding the same respect as North Korea!

North Korea threatens 'merciless punishment' as it readies rocket launch - Telegraph
Looks like NATO has patented RESPECT Granting machine!

We don't need 15,000 kms range missile now or in the future.

An SLBM version of A5 will do the job with may be an enhanced range or about 7000-8000 kms.
Our's no first strike policy means we will be attacked first and only long range ICBMs which can strike anywhere in China from anywhere in India can justify that. However if Navy acquired 10+2 SSBNs with each carrying 10-12 8000Km class ICBM then we can dump land based ICBMs altogether which to me seems very unlikely.

Last edited:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
We dont need a ICBM with a 15000Km Range .... we need a ----ing SLBM with a range around 5500 Km for 2.5 ton Payload ... ;)

Rahul Singh

Country flag
^^^ Agreed, we need long range SLBMs but how many you can have at any given time? Bigger question, how many SLBMs you need to justify second used policy which requires inflicting unacceptable damage to aggressor? Even bigger question, how many SSBNs we can afford for carrying required number of SLBMs? Do mind not all will be operational at any given time.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Looks like NATO has patented RESPECT Granting machine!

Our's no first strike policy means we will be attacked first and only long range ICBMs which can strike anywhere in China from anywhere in India can justify that. However if Navy acquired 10+2 SSBNs with each carrying 10-12 8000Km class ICBM then we can dump land based ICBMs altogether which to me seems very unlikely.
4 Vanguard SSBNs have the entire 200 warheads of UK.

We don't need 10-12 SSBNs

Reactions: nrj

trackwhack

There is a world of difference between north korea and India.

Why does usa need ICBM's ?
He lives in a bubble thats made him believe that the US is morally obligated to police the world. No point responding to him. I wouldnt be happy unless we have 15K ICBM's or there is complete nuclear disarmament of every country (thats about to happen :lol:)

The fool actually has the nerve to equate India with North Korea. Nice one Egwald!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Talk of nuclear weapons and missiles and the best of the lot become fanboys :facpalm:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
4 Vanguard SSBNs have the entire 200 warheads of UK.

We don't need 10-12 SSBNs
I am not talking Vangaurd and Trident instead Arihant and Agni SLBM. So far we are not comparable to them on weight vs range and weight vs yield scale hence we will need numbers.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am not talking Vangaurd and Trident instead Arihant and Agni SLBM. So far we are not comparable to them on weight vs range and weight vs yield scale hence we will need numbers.
We have nothing yet. It's all for the future and the planning starts today. I mean we already have a nuclear submarine program. It has to be worked on and made a true big SSBN.

With the kind of arsenal India has today and projecting the requirement for the future as to what a minimum deterrent constitutes, I think we will have about 250 warheads and not all will be subsurface. I'd say 3-4 SSBN will be enough. We need more hunter killers as well.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
We have nothing yet. It's all for the future and the planning starts today. I mean we already have a nuclear submarine program. It has to be worked on and made a true big SSBN.

With the kind of arsenal India has today and projecting the requirement for the future as to what a minimum deterrent constitutes, I think we will have about 250 warheads and not all will be subsurface. I'd say 3-4 SSBN will be enough. We need more hunter killers as well.
That is why we need ICBMs with + 10000 km range because nobody knows when we will acquire optimum subsurface nuclear attack capability unlike surface where we are a step or two away from maximum. Say we need ultra long range ICBMs as interim solution.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That is why we need ICBMs with + 10000 km range because nobody knows when we will acquire optimum subsurface nuclear attack capability unlike surface where we are a step or two away from maximum. Say we need ultra long range ICBMs as interim solution.
In the "interim" what is the threat perception that requires ICBM? What's the warhead arsenal that we have that would fit on top of those ICBMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles