Agni IV/Agni-2 Prime

JAISWAL

whats the source of your news.
aare bhai Agni-4 and Agni-2prime are two different missiles.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think its a photoshop, range can be increased if the payload is decreased and also if the altitude of the flight path is reduced.
spi this is screen grab from youtube video of A2P launch red flight graph is made by me.

SHASH2K2

agni 2 prime has better range due to less payload hence its also called as Agni 4 . they are same :)

albertjayaprakash

aare Baba...check the latest news from Deccan Herald, The Hindu...update your knowledge on current news or check atleast the Live Fist...

p2prada

I couldn't locate any source claiming successful test of same before. Maybe they were not comfortable with it. Now it is disclosed maybe because of confidence in system.
Not really. Look at the article again.

The indigenous Ring Laser Gyros based high accuracy INS (RINS) and Micro Navigation System (MINGS) complementing each other in redundant mode have been successfully flown in guidance mode for the first time.
All Shauryas have our own gyroscopes. The article says the gyros were used in tandem with the Nav system in something called guidance mode for the first time. It does not say the gyro itself was tested for the first time.

From what I know the MKIs will be upgraded with our own Totem like system which uses both GPS and GLONASS along with our own ring laser. Would prefer we make a fibre optic gyro.

Shouldn't sensitive technologies like this not be leaked out into the public.
It is as much a secret as a barbie doll is. It is 60s technology. Our old Mig-27s have it along with nearly all our fighters. It is just that we made our own only recently.

Fibre optic gyros are the future.

Also I m guessing that an INS which was used in the successful PSLV series could be integrated too, is it not ?
It can be integrated with your car and perhaps a miniature version in your mobile phone too, but it will be very expensive.

Your smartphones use MEMs based gyros and are microscopic.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I stand corrected. Just got to know that A3 test in last Feb did involve desi RLG. Same one is used on Shaurya.

MKIs to be upgraded next year. I think they'll be equipped with DRDO RLG that time.

albertjayaprakash

someone merge this thread
livefist VIDEO: Today's Successful Agni-IV Test bit.ly/sHHSXf #Defense #India
3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

livefist I uploaded a @YouTube video youtu.be/UO9GGurO6rA?a Agni-IV Launch on Nov 15, 2011

livefist FIRST PHOTO: Agni-IV Tested Successfully Today bit.ly/tMyw1M #Defense #India

KS

Bye bye DFI
agni 2 prime has better range due to less payload hence its also called as Agni 4 . they are same :)
Not necessarily.

Agni III has a range of 3500 with a 1.5 ton payload..With the 800 kg warhead the range can possibly be extended to 5000km.

Why it is called Agni IV is that it has a host of new,state-of-art,indigenous technologies like the RINS, Micro Navigation system, composite motors etc which constitute a generation leap in technology.

SpArK

SORCERER

This missile is one of its kinds, proving many new technologies for the first time, and represents a quantum leap in terms of missile technology. The Missile is lighter in weight and has two stages of Solid Propulsion and a Payload with Re-entry heat shield. The Composite Rocket Motor which has been used for the first time has given excellent performance. The Missile System is equipped with modern and compact Avionics with Redundancy to provide high level of reliability. The indigenous Ring Laser Gyros based high accuracy INS (RINS) and Micro Navigation System (MINGS) complementing each other in redundant mode have been successfully flown in guidance mode for the first time. The high performance onboard computer with distributed Avionics architecture, high speed reliable communication bus and a full Digital Control System have controlled and guided the Missile to the target. The Missile has reached the target with very high level of accuracy. Radars and electro-optical systems along the Coast of Odisha have tracked and monitored all the parameters of the Missile. Two Indian Naval ships located near the target have witnessed the final event.

KS

Bye bye DFI

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if launch at angle it will have twice that range..............8)
Theoretically its fine - but practically is it possible ?

For a missile launch is there any pre-determined/hardwired launch angle or the angle is a variable that can be adjusted ?

SPIEZ

Country flag
Not really. Look at the article again.

All Shauryas have our own gyroscopes. The article says the gyros were used in tandem with the Nav system in something called guidance mode for the first time. It does not say the gyro itself was tested for the first time.

From what I know the MKIs will be upgraded with our own Totem like system which uses both GPS and GLONASS along with our own ring laser. Would prefer we make a fibre optic gyro.

It is as much a secret as a barbie doll is. It is 60s technology. Our old Mig-27s have it along with nearly all our fighters. It is just that we made our own only recently.

Fibre optic gyros are the future.

It can be integrated with your car and perhaps a miniature version in your mobile phone too, but it will be very expensive.

Your smartphones use MEMs based gyros and are microscopic.

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Another noob question, when fibre optics come into play, will they able to handle the kinetic enegy and heat(althought I understand cooling will be provided) ?
Alas, I m from an electr background.

IMHO MEMS always had he future.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Not necessarily.

Agni III has a range of 3500 with a 1.5 ton payload..With the 800 kg warhead the range can possibly be extended to 5000km.

Why it is called Agni IV is that it has a host of new,state-of-art,indigenous technologies like the RINS, Micro Navigation system, composite motors etc which constitute a generation leap in technology.
Theoretically its fine - but practically is it possible ?

For a missile launch is there any pre-determined/hardwired launch angle or the angle is a variable that can be adjusted ?
A3 has long public range compare to A2P(A4) now kindly look at the graph which was shown by the DRDO at time of A3 launch

now see the graph of A2P(A4) green shows the actual hight of missile and red line is if you mimic A3 angle of launch.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
with little modification this A2P(A4) with PAD warhead can be used for ASAT test for LEO satellite.
LEO satellites

Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites operate in orbits of around 100 km to 1,000 km above the Earth's surface – much lower than traditional communications satellites – which brings them into frequent radio contact with ground stations. LEOs are used for a variety of civil, scientific and military roles including Earth observation, radar, optical, telecoms and demonstrator.
LEO satellites

trackwhack

Any idea why @ 3:15 the continuous line becomes dotted for few seconds and again become continuous ? Is it when the warhead detaches ?
Karthic, that was stage separation. In fact I think it can be seen on the video at the last few instants.

Now let us speculate on the 900 km altitude. :)

The Minuteman series of missiles hit a peak altitude of 1120 KM and have a range of 13000 KM. The A3 had an altitude of 300 odd KM.

The A4 in my opinion was testing subsystems of the A5 and Surya - namely navigation, re-entry rockets and the heat shield. There is no logical reason for a 3000 KM missile to hit an altitude of 900 KM.

On the other hand the 5 - 7 K Agni 5 will need to hit those altitudes to attain the required range. (A simple projectile would have 1/4 the the height when launched at 45 degrees that gives it max range, but this is a missile so a little different but not very).

There were reports earlier that the A4 was specifically made to test A5 subsystems but I do not recall the source. Either way, I am thrilled as hell that the missile hit 900 km. Now for GOI to grow some balls and openly announce the Surya program.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I am thrilled as hell that the missile hit 900 km. Now for GOI to grow some balls and openly announce the Surya program.
Surya has more temperature then agni.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

as long as it can deliver it is fine with us. :thumb:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles