Agni 3 missile weigh change??

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20170427/3099746.html

India conducts the user trial of intermediate range ballistic missile Agni-III

Balasore | Thursday, Apr 27 2017 IST

India today successfully test fired the user trial of the indigenously developed surface to air Agni-III intermediate-range ballistic missile from the Abdul Kalam island off Odisha coast.
The Agni-3 missile, which can strike targets up to 3000 km, was successfully test fired at 0912 hours from the launch complex three of the Abdul Kalam island, earlier known as Wheeler Island, closed to Dhamra coast in Odisha in the Bay of Bengal.

Agni-3, though not an ICBM, with a range of more than 3,000 km is considered a strategic asset as it has capability to carry conventional and nuclear war heads. The indigenously-built Agni-III, is capable of carrying warheads weighing up to 1.5 tonnes, is 16 metres tall and weighs eight tonnes.

The missile features two solid fuelled stages and with an overall diameter of 1.8 metres. This missile, with a strike range of over 3,000 km, is capable of engaging targets deeper inside China.UNI DP AKM 1044

-- (UNI) -- C-1-1-DL0213-870508.Xml

Kshatriya87

Country flag

India today successfully test fired the user trial of the indigenously developed surface to air Agni-III intermediate-range ballistic missile from the Abdul Kalam island off Odisha coast.
The Agni-3 missile, which can strike targets up to 3000 km, was successfully test fired at 0912 hours from the launch complex three of the Abdul Kalam island, earlier known as Wheeler Island, closed to Dhamra coast in Odisha in the Bay of Bengal.

Agni-3, though not an ICBM, with a range of more than 3,000 km is considered a strategic asset as it has capability to carry conventional and nuclear war heads. The indigenously-built Agni-III, is capable of carrying warheads weighing up to 1.5 tonnes, is 16 metres tall and weighs eight tonnes.

The missile features two solid fuelled stages and with an overall diameter of 1.8 metres. This missile, with a strike range of over 3,000 km, is capable of engaging targets deeper inside China.UNI DP AKM 1044

-- (UNI) -- C-1-1-DL0213-870508.Xml

HOW ?

Tarun Kumar

nonsense. Agni 3 is India's only genuine MIRV missile. At 2.5 tonnes warhead weight it can carry multiple nukes so it is impossible that missile weighs 8 tonne. Very good development. We now need A2 test for porkis as well. A2 is ideal for Gwadar and Karachi.

captscooby81

Country flag
If i am not wrong it was reduced from 32 to 22 Tons earlier now from 22 to 8 tons looks like the missile has been put on terrible slim to slender diet ?? Is it possible to have MARV capabilities under 10 Tons ????

earlier Agni 3 were 22 tons weight...............Tessy Thomas, did said that Agni 3 weight will be reduced after test of Agni 4 missile............. looks like they have achieved it.

sthf

Country flag
I call BS. Desi media wouldn't know proper journalism if it punches them in the gut & spit on their faces.

Though the progress on the ballistic missile front has been terrific & Mrs. Tessy Thomas is way too awesome to be described, this is nearly impossible.

I don't know what possible breakthrough this author is talking about that made India surpass American & Russian specific impulse by leaps & bounds.

lcafanboy

Country flag
For the weight to drop so much, the fuel quantity needs to drop considerably. I think maybe engine upgrades?
Earlier Agni series missiles were made using steel and now Agni-4 onward all Indian missiles are made using Composites so they are now lighter, also fuels must have also been changed to composite CL-20 which is high density fuel. All this have made this one 50 ton earliest Agni 3 missile to just 8 tons.

All these technologies were actually made for SLBM K-4 to make it compact so it can be carried in INS Arihant. Now the technology used to make K-4 have been used to make Agni series compact so that these can be canisterized and put on TEL.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Agni III is a surface to air missile? :confused1: WTF? I don't drink so I'm sure I've read that right.

Lol! This is getting to be hilarious! Or am I missing something here? Meaning Agni III is a secret dual purpose anti aircraft weapon as well as an IRBM!! Wow! :doh: :pound:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Agni III is a surface to air missile? :confused1: WTF? I don't drink so I'm sure I've read that right.

Lol! This is getting to be hilarious! Or am I missing something here? Meaning Agni III is a secret dual purpose anti aircraft weapon as well as an IRBM!! Wow! :doh: :pound:
anti aircraft?
surface to air may also mean anti sat :D

republic_roi97

Country flag

It can only be called as a SAM if during the climb it collides with an aircraft or something like that, it would them be called as Agni 3 ASAM (accidental-SAM) LMAO

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Standard user trial in normal config nothing is changed.
BY IANS | UPDATED: APR 27, 2017, 02.16 PM IST

India successfully test-fired its intermediate-range ballistic missile Agni-III from Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.

The missile lifted off from Launch Pad No. 4 of the Integrated Test Range located on the island at 9.12 a.m., sources in the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) said.

The Strategic Forces Command, an especially raised missile-handling unit of the Indian Army, carried out the test with logistics support from DRDO.

Agni-III has a strike range of more than 3,000 km and capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads weighing up to 1.5 tonnes.

The missile is powered by a two-stage solid propellant engine. With a length of 17 metres, the missile's diameter is 2 metres and weight is around 2,200 kg.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Tarun Kumar

Although its a china specific missile, please deploy at least half a dozen against porkis to destroy Gwadar and karachi

Global Defence

Articles