Afzal Guru's clemency resolution listed for voting in J&K assembly

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
In both cases, the bigger culprit is not the state assemblies, it's Congress. Had death sentence of Rajiv's killers been carried out as swiftly as Indira's or Gandhi's were, TN would have stood no ground to develop this Stockholm Syndrome. Likewise, if Afzhal was promptly awarded a firing squad at Vijay Chowk, Kashmir wouldn't have developed the stones to pass this resolution.

In each case, minority-appeasement or coalition-appeasement bullshit has risen to hit the fan over Congress.

KS

Bye bye DFI
^^^ the problem is unlike Indira's or Mahatma's killing these two were not open and close cases with the accused vehemently denying their involvement. So the due process of law had to be carried out and you know the speed of the Indian justice system.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
^^^ the problem is unlike Indira's or Mahatma's killing these two were not open and close cases with the accused vehemently denying their involvement. So the due process of law had to be carried out and you know the speed of the Indian justice system.
Come off it. If there was political will shown in Delhi, the law would have taken its own course aboard a Concorde.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Come off it. If there was political will shown in Delhi, the law would have taken its own course aboard a Concorde.
Well I personally cant argue with that.

But given the chicken biryani treatment showered on Kasab, a pak national, some may be inclined to question that.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Well I personally cant argue with that.

But given the chicken biryani treatment showered on Kasab, a pak national, some may be inclined to question that.
Inclined to question what? That political will isn't a hurdle? How so? Kasab's life is a love-child of minority politics at both the state and the central level.

Unless he dies of natural causes, I probably won't see him killed by the Indian State in my lifetime.

JBH22

This country is going to the dogs if this incompetent CONgress stays in power we are in for upcoming ugly events.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I think everything has been discussed in this thread except the root cause of all this hoopla about Afzal Guru's death penalty sentence. The Supreme Court, as far as I know, while delivering the death penalty against this man, stated that the reason for this exceptional punishment was something to the effect that "the nation will not accept any any other sentence". Now that is a specious argument, and many eminent jurors are among those who have criticized this judgement.

Unlike Kasab, who deserves the death penalty 10 times over, Afzal Guru's case is not so clear.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Inclined to question what? That political will isn't a hurdle? How so? Kasab's life is a love-child of minority politics at both the state and the central level.

Unless he dies of natural causes, I probably won't see him killed by the Indian State in my lifetime.
Question that whether only political will is a factor and the indian judicial system and the law itself are also not the factors.

Phenom

Phenom its not about the girl alone. With each passing day the protests and the voices were growing louder.
Karthic, we both know how TN works,

When someone starts shouting about 'Tamil interest' then nobody opposes him, that leads to the thinking that there is complete support from the society, but that's hardly the case. Far worse things were said and done in TN during the final phases of the SL war and nobody opposed that either and which lead to the belief that there is wide spread public support for those actions, but we know how the election results went few weeks later.

These guys are just benefiting from the sympathy created because of the genocide in Lanka, but we shouldn't focus our efforts on trying to save the wrong people. We should remember that the people that need to be saved are on the other side of strait.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Karthic, we both know how TN works,

When someone starts shouting about 'Tamil interest' then nobody opposes him, that leads to the thinking that there is complete support from the society, but that's hardly the case. Far worse things were said and done in TN during the final phases of the SL war and nobody opposed that either and which lead to the belief that there is wide spread public support for those actions, but we know how the election results went few weeks later.

These guys are just benefiting from the sympathy created because of the genocide in Lanka, but we shouldn't focus our efforts on trying to save the wrong people. We should remember that the people that need to be saved are on the other side of strait.
There were few dummy resolutions passed during the war asking the Indian Govt to stop the genocide and who can forget that famous "half a day" fast of Karunanidhi ? I think Jaya thought that she can pass one such dummy resolution and pacify the people who will forget it in due course. It may ,it may not be but I think its a possiblity given the cunningnes of our politicians.

Yes, I agree the people who actually need justice are on the other side but what can we do going against the Central Govt ? If the Central Govt takes actions that ensures justice to the people affected then they can highlight that to hang these people and I dont think anybody except some MDMK,VCK loonies will oppose that.

But the fact that the Central Govt remains steadfastedly blind to the plight of the people there is what causes the groundswell here.People unable to directly help the people there show their oppostion/anger through such acts.

BTW I think we are going offtopic.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Thats rubbish....will muslims stop voting for congress (not all vote for congress anyways) if they hang kasab ? local mullahs didn't allow his partners to be buried in there graveyard.

muslims dont care what happens to kasab whereas tamils do care about rajiv killers.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This country is going to the dogs if this incompetent CONgress stays in power we are in for upcoming ugly events.
:pound:

are you delusional ? both current govt's of tamil nadu and punjab are bjp allies and they are in process of letting go terrorists and you are blaming congress. atleast have some sense of direction. some of you are starting to sound like fucking pakis who blame everything at mossad-cia-raw.

KS

Bye bye DFI
:pound:

are you delusional ? both current govt's of tamil nadu and punjab are bjp allies and they are in process of letting go terrorists and you are blaming congress. atleast have some sense of direction. some of you are starting to sound like fucking pakis who blame everything at mossad-cia-raw.
When did ADMK become a part of NDA ?

Make some sense even while ranting.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wasn't it part of at some point? I think 2004 elections AIADMK was part of NDA. even now JJ has done enough to hint at joining NDA for 2014.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Thats rubbish....will muslims stop voting for congress (not all vote for congress anyways) if they hang kasab ? local mullahs didn't allow his partners to be buried in there graveyard.

muslims dont care what happens to kasab whereas tamils do care about rajiv killers.
Evidently, that's not how Congress views it. Congress has mastered the art of dividing the society under the pretense of "uniting it".

Awesome

Thats not even comparable. :laugh:

one is writing letter and other is passing resolution in state assembly.
Not to mention the little fact that TN killers were jailed killing the Indian PM.

Personally I'm against the Death Penalty and I wish we could have a debate on abolishing it as many civilized nations have done so. It sends a great non-violent message by the state and that affects everyone.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

KS

Bye bye DFI
Wasn't it part of at some point? I think 2004 elections AIADMK was part of NDA. even now JJ has done enough to hint at joining NDA for 2014.
How does being ally @ "some time" matter now..? And why predict about the future..? Stranger and more unpredictable things have happened.... BTW yusuf the last time ADMK was last part of NDA in 1998, not 2004.

Not to mention the little fact that TN killers were jailed killing the Indian PM.
Not to mention the little fact is known to all. You are saying it as if no one knows that..:lol:

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Personally I'm against the Death Penalty and I wish we could have a debate on abolishing it as many civilized nations have done so. It sends a great non-violent message by the state and that affects everyone.
The state of national development is no marker for civilization of the society. There are plenty of large, civilized nations that have not abolished death penalty (US, China, Brazil). In fact there's no nation with >200 million people that has abolished death penalty.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Karthic Saar, I was responding to your query about when JJ was part of NDA. AFIK 98/99 DMK was part of NDA and part of govt and then switched to UPA in 2004. That's when JJ joined NDA.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles