Afzal Guru's clemency resolution listed for voting in J&K assembly

Iamanidiot

The only proble the PDP/NCC MLA will have some unpleasant things done to him.Is Afzal Guru a Kashmiri??

KS

Bye bye DFI
Afzal Guru's clemency resolution listed for voting in J&K assembly - The Times of India

Thanks to the stupid politicians in TN, now JK will do the same. Why dont we just close all the jails and shut down the judiciary.
Unlike the three accused in the Sri Perumbudur blast Afzal Guru was not in jail for 20 years awaiting his death and no one is threatening that the "state will be set on fire" if they are hanged.

BTW I too agree that any one granted death penalty by the SC must be hung as SC is the ultimate justice dispensing authority in India. The concept of mercy petition itself must be removed as they serve no purpose except in some rarest of rare cases like Nalini when she was pregnant at the time of conviction.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Ban tamil assembly.
Yeah ban the Punjabi assembly also along with that for serving as a guide for us. Seriously the hypocrisy is breath taking.If the Punjabi politicians and public are justified, so are the Tamil politicians and populace.

Punjab CM Badal seeks clemency for Davinder Pal Singh Bhullar - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

Politics in Punjab over Bhullar's Possible Hanging

Along with that exile these Punjabis also out of India for supporting a terrorist.

Bhullar T-shirts now a rage in Punjab - Times Of India

p.s:- It seems that Shahana touched the raw/exposed nerve of many a people. :lol:

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Thats not even comparable. :laugh:

one is writing letter and other is passing resolution in state assembly.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Thats not even comparable. :laugh:

one is writing letter and other is passing resolution in state assembly.
Excuses and more lame excuses.

The intent to save the accused is clearly there in both the cases. BTW the one who wrote the letter is not your average Santa Singh, but the CM of the state. Whatever happened to the integrity of the post you were harping for rajiv ?

Yeah I know you guys wont dare to question them and keep harping on just the Tamils instead. Hypocrisy. Question us when you develop the guts to question them also.

p.s.:- Look I dont want this thread also to become another slugfest. Discuss on topic without bringing us inside.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Excuses and more lame excuses.

The intent to save the accused is clearly there in both the cases. BTW the one who wrote the letter is not your average Santa Singh, but the CM of the state. Whatever happened to the integrity of the post you were harping for rajiv ?
Does not compute. Intent is one thing, but passing a resolution even after the SC decision is a completely different case !

TN parties have opened the proverbial Pandora's box

KS

Bye bye DFI
Does not compute. Intent is one thing, but passing a resolution even after the SC decision is a completely different case !

TN parties have opened the proverbial Pandora's box
How come ?

The CM of a state writing a letter asking for the clemency of a convicted terrorist who organisation sought secession from India is pardonable but the same when done in TN for three persons whose organisation did NOT even want secession from India or was not conspiring against Indian sovereignity or even the general Indian populace becomes unpardonable.

Look folks either condemn both or dont condemn at all. I dont want to hear these lame excuses that this is just a letter and nothing serious kinda excuses.The underlying point I want to stress is that politicians in both states are willing to overlook the supremacy of the SC/President in dealing with this and a significant portion of the population in both states also support this position of the politicians.

The photos of the persons who killed a former PM (Indira) adorns almost all gurudwaras as martyrs. How many people condemned that ? I did not want to being these issues on a public domain as it may hurt the sentiments of the Sikhs but now I have to , to prove a point.

I'm not prepared to overlook this bias anymore.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
How come ?

The CM of a state writing a letter asking for the clemency of a convicted terrorist who organisation sought secession from India is pardonable but the same when done in TN for three persons whose organisation did NOT even want secession from India or was not conspiring against Indian sovereignity or even the general Indian populace becomes unpardonable.

I checked one of your links

Karthic Sri said:
Yeah ban the Punjabi assembly also along with that for serving as a guide for us.
Punjab CM Badal seeks clemency for Davinder Pal Singh Bhullar - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has written to President Pratibha Patil to re-examine Davinder Pal Singh Bhullar's mercy plea. The letter has been written under pressure from Sikh groups, who have taken a cue from Tamil Nadu Assembly's resolution seeking clemency for Rajiv Gandhi's killers.
Cause and effect is clear

edit:added later

The underlying point I want to stress is that politicians in both states are willing to overlook the supremacy of the SC/President in dealing with this and a significant portion of the population in both states also support this position of the politicians.
But TN assembly actually took the...plunge, which in turn encouraged Punjab and now Kashmir assembly.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I checked one of your links

Cause and effect is clear
Can you check the second link ?

The cause for the letter is actually the happenings before May 30 when the clemency petition of Devinder Bhullar was rejected.

At the same time (May 30) there was bi-partisan support from the SAD and Congress (Punjab) to give clemency to Bhullar.

Blaming us for everything under the sun is not fair.

Fine, for arguments sake, let the happenings in TN be the causation..what happened to the patriotism and the intelligence of the Punjabi politicians ?

And you are missing the wood for the trees - this is the point I wanted to stress;

The underlying point I want to stress is that politicians in both states are willing to overlook the supremacy of the SC/President in dealing with this and a significant portion of the population in both states also support this position of the politicians.

You can blame it on religious or linguistic reasons but they are part and parcel of the Indian democracy.

But TN assembly actually took the...plunge, which in turn encouraged Punjab and now Kashmir assembly.
I think it is the blatant support to Bhullar in Punjab after his mercy petition was rejected and the celebration of Indira's assasins as "martyrs" which were the causation for the TN Govt to take this stand.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Are you still moaning ?

Accept that you have started this shit and others are only copying you and yet still haven't passed any resolution.

Others are only shouting and we all know politicians shout all sorts of things and do nothing but tamil assembly passed resolution and you are crying as if tamil people are victims here. wtf :tsk:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Are you still moaning ?

Accept that you have started this shit and others are only copying you and yet still haven't passed any resolution.

Others are only shouting and we all know politicians shout all sorts of things and do nothing but tamil assembly passed resolution and you are crying as if tamil people are victims here. wtf :tsk:
Arey baba the killers of Indira were declared martyrs way back in 2004 and the bi-partisan support to Bhullar was given on May 31 (the date on the second link). Both state politicians want the convicted shown clemency and the majority of the population also supports them. It is as similar as similar can get.

Still groping in the dark and blaming us,poor soul ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No point you will always play victim card as if whole of India is conspiring and scheming against tamil nadu.

KS

Bye bye DFI
No point you will always play victim card as if whole of India is conspiring and scheming against tamil nadu.
No point arguing with you because you wont answer the question asked and instead go on tangents.

Just recognize that we are not the first state indulging in this thing.

The day Punjab politicians openly supported Bhullar - May 30

The day when TN assembly moved a resolution - Aug 30.

Decide for yourself which came earlier or continue to live in denial.

Politicians merely reflect the will of the people on the ground and majority of the people on the ground in TN sympathized with the 3 just like majority in Punjab sympathize with Bhullar. It ultimately boils down to the will of the people.

Last edited:

Phenom

TN assembly should not have passed that resolution, I think the govt panicked after that 19 year old girl immolated herself. The govt should have just hunkered down and tried to weather these protests.

Ban tamil assembly.
Probably one of the stupidest post I have read on this forum, but frankly I didn't expect anything better.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
TN assembly should not have passed that resolution, I think the govt panicked after that 19 year old girl emulated herself. The govt should have just hunkered down and tried to weather these protests.

Phenom its not about the girl alone. With each passing day the protests and the voices were growing louder. Maybe the Govt intended to just pass a resolution (just like the dozen or so resolutions passed during the Lankan war) in order to silence the voices by saying "look we passed a resolution, now go to your homes". I dont think they were serious on this matter ever.

bhogta

Phenom its not about the girl alone. With each passing day the protests and the voices were growing louder. Maybe the Govt intended to just pass a resolution (just like the dozen or so resolutions passed during the Lankan war) in order to silence the voices by saying "look we passed a resolution, now go to your homes". I dont think they were serious on this matter ever.
May be you are right about Tamil problem in SL. I will not comment as I don't know very well. But as a country we should respect SC. If we go the path follow by Tamil Nadu. Problem will not come from Tamil Nadu but some wrong element in trouble state will follow it. What we will do then?

What tomorrow when SC solve case between two state and one state refuse to follow.

KS

Bye bye DFI
May be you are right about Tamil problem in SL. I will not comment as I don't know very well. But as a country we should respect SC. If we go the path follow by Tamil Nadu. Problem will not come from Tamil Nadu but some wrong element in trouble state will follow it. What we will do then?

What tomorrow when SC solve case between two state and one state refuse to follow.
I agree that SC should be the supreme justice dispensing authority in India. I was just refuting the allegation that it was TN that started this practise of glorifying and trying to save convicted terrorists.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles