After 'Vishwaroopam', song from 'David' offends Muslim groups

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by Raj30, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/david-ya...-the-film-says-bejoy-nambiar/369508-8-66.html
    Mumbai: Director Bejoy Nambiar has decided to remove Lucky Ali's song 'Ya Hussain' from his new film 'David' after some groups objected to it. However, he has retained the tune in the movie.
    A section of the Muslim community had urged Nambiar to remove the song as they felt it does not befit their definition of propriety. The song accompanied a sequence in the film, which showed a Moharram procession.
    "The song 'Ya Hussain' has now been deleted from my film. Only the music has been kept," said Nambiar.

They (Muslim groups) objected to the song. But they were kind enough to accept my invitation to discuss the matter. After a lengthy discussion, it was decided that it would be better if I didn't hurt anyone's sentiments:hmm:. So I've decided to remove the song," he added.
    Nambiar invited the members of the community to view the song sequence, following which the director took the decision to remove the song.
    "If one doesn't extend a hand of friendship, they would just go on protesting. It is better to sort it out through discussion rather than risk protests that could harm the release of the film," he said.
    The director admits feeling frustrated at the moral censorship of cinema in the country.
    "Sadly this is the state of the nation that we are living in. Personally, I am anguished at being restricted at even the idea level. When I was writing 'David' I had no intention of offending anyone. Then why am I am being put through this," he said.
    Nambiar says there was no time to put up a fight.
    "I know I could fight it out. But I can't delay my film's release. If 'David' was a star-studded film I could take that risk. But I can't afford to lose my release window. The smartest thing I could do was find a compromise," he said.
    "So before the protests could get out of hand I invited the disgruntled section to see the portion of my film where the song 'Ya Hussain' occurs. Then we had a long discussion. And we decided to remove the vocals," he added.
    He reveals that the artists involved with the song were under stress.
    "Lucky Ali was being hounded with messages. He being Muslim offending his own community was something that I couldn't deal with. Lucky requested I do something about the situation. Neil was also being hounded. I didn't want my artists to suffer for my creativity," said Nambiar.
    The film featuring Neil Nitin Mukesh, Vikram and Vinay Virmani, releases Feb 1.

Also read ===>Media Crooks: A List of Hurt Sentiments of Muslim Groups

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    Mad Indian and maomao like this.
  3. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

They get offended for lots of reasons.

4. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

This is getting to be too much. Now its time to crack down on these people. Hard. I think we've all had enough.

Mad Indian likes this.
  5. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Vote bank politics and minority appeasement wont allow it.

6. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

Sorry to say this but in a perfect world their should be separate island where all muslims can live and a separate continent for all the non muslims(Kafirs)

7. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

These idiots wont realise that, these kind of protest destroy their image much more faster and worse than the films or Songs:laugh:

Expose yourself for what you really are idoits. Me Gusta :pmegusta:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  8. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

people should be liberal in their thinking, if you give unnecessary attention to people things are tend to go bad.

Look at Sherlyn Chopra she posed for PB and no one cared, that should be attitude.

The Messiah likes this.
  9. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

+1000 :hail::hail::hail:

10. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

And Kamasutra 3D

11. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The video is hot

The Messiah likes this.
  12. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

Indeed :rich:

13. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Good.......,

14. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The Government needs to assert their control. We cannot have a paralysis like this.

It took outrage in media to take action against Owaisi, but the alternate could also happen, with the Government taking steps against the interests of the nation due to the hysteria created by the media.

Across the board we have had most of the major religious and caste groups in India taking objection to some movie or some song and the reaction from the state has always been to capitulate and not take a strong stance. This drift needs to be arrested immediately.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    parijataka likes this.
  15. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

I fear if they get the taste of threaten and get things done,it will lead to disaster as tomorrow they ask for ridiculous things and threaten with protest

16. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

It is time to forget the vote bank and come down heavily on all this lunatic fringe!

17. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

The one who painted goddess as nude got lot of support from media branding it as hindutva protest etc but they failed to come for viswaroopam.Is the media fear for this violent peace loving people?

parijataka likes this.