After Sukhoi 'mistake', India to go for Russian 5th-generation fighter only on full-tech transfer pa

smestarz

Country flag
I am not telling NOW, but when T-90 was ordered for first time. For example the best part perhaps of Eurofighter is CEAESAR and for Rafale might be RBE-2AA AESA, but what if someone ordered the plane MINUS the Radars?? Thats what I am saying. SHTORA is in service since 1990s where as Trophy is a more recent phenomenon.
So the point to us is that SHTORA was the reason to buy T-90., but India purchased T-90 without SHTORA.. were they trying to be competitive to Pakistan?

SHTORA is not as good as TROPHY in reference to killing probability.
Also SHTORA is comparatively not a good choice.
In near future, you will find ToT deal for TROPHY or indo-israel joint venture for development of APS system.

smestarz

Country flag
Let us see how much France shares ToT with India for ordering its Rafales and then we shall be able to better judge the Russians. But no matter what, we should actively go for ToT and there should be penalties for not getting the ToT

deepak ghanvatkar

We offer them more than other countries, including participation in joint projects, which offers a chance to learn, plus the opportunity to assemble the planes themselves in Indian plants. I do not believe it is worth going beyond that."
https://sputniknews.com/military/201703101051455656-russian-indian-fifth-gen-fighter-dispute/
meaning India should enjoy the participation in the joint project, and assembling. That's it India is paying for. India cannot expect anything more ....

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
meaning India should enjoy the participation in the joint project, and assembling. That's it India is paying for. India cannot expect anything more ....
India wants to pay $4 billion for complete ToT. So that we can modify and use this technology in recent going projects and further developments.

EXPERT

We are working On our own Engine and there was a post from Indx tech style about our own Ew Suite and we also made our Own AESA Radar and Tejas is Actually Good I mean it has Some 5th Gen features as well I mean it has composites which makes it stealthy somewhat and then Tejas if equipped with our own Great AESA Radar And our own Great Kaveri Engine It would be World Class fighter ( Gonna Happen Shortly Bro)
And after Nda Came all of the TOT deals are working I mean Snecma working with us and all but now Russians cannot bribe our people like they did before so have a hope for them bro.
Dude, this is all fanboy-ism.. in fact, there is nothing great about kaveri engine until french help us in developing one. There is nothing great about our AESA radar, am not saying we havent made any progress in this field but the fact is, state-of-the-art AESA radar and ToT was the reason which may result in the induction of Gripen. Tejas has considerable composite technology that is sufficient for a 4++ generation aircraft but it cant be compared with a 5th gen tech toy..

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
nothing great about kaveri engine
do you know kaveri engine is even better than the engine used on gripen
There is nothing great about our AESA radar
even russians were not able to devlop aesa radar properly the zhuks size was bigger
same goes for our UTTAM
with a 5th gen tech toy.
it has some stealth features becasue of composities used in them and when did i say that it is comparablr to 5th gen fighter
i didnt

smestarz

Country flag
About Kaveri engine, seems our people have already got a breakthrough few months after signing the Rafale deal (what a co-incidence) what we really lack in the engine development is
1. Lack of knowledge to develop and produce cutting edge material required for SCBs and other parts of engines
2. Lack of knowledge about the engine itself, which will come with experience.,

For AESA, now almost everyone has an AESA and we have help from Israel for AESA (which is being put on Tejas) thus the Radar is not swedish or French, it might be Israeli. The Israelis know that India is a very reliable buyer. Firstly we are purchasing from them when half of the world does not want to do business with them and we do respect their conditions. In short its very clean and ethical business (in terms of products and respect for their propriety ) the kickbacks are another matter.

Dude, this is all fanboy-ism.. in fact, there is nothing great about kaveri engine until french help us in developing one. There is nothing great about our AESA radar, am not saying we havent made any progress in this field but the fact is, state-of-the-art AESA radar and ToT was the reason which may result in the induction of Gripen. Tejas has considerable composite technology that is sufficient for a 4++ generation aircraft but it cant be compared with a 5th gen tech toy..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles