After birthday bash, boys rape class X girl in car

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

NOIDA: In yet another brutal assault on a girl in a moving car, a 17-year-old class X student of a city public school was allegedly gangraped by five of her neighbours as they drove around Noida in their i10, police said.

As shocking as the rape, which took place on Friday night, was the appalling behaviour of the city police. They not only let out personal details about the minor victim at a press conference on Sunday, but also made tactless remarks about her character, declaring that she had been "willingly drinking vodka" with the boys to celebrate a birthday.

Four of the accused, identified as Himanshu Sharma, Rahul Arya, Sunil Singh, and Saurabh Chauhan, have been arrested while a fifth, Neeraj Singh, is absconding. All accused are 20 years old.

The incident took place around 8pm on February 24 when the five met the victim near Priyadarshini Park in sector 12 and requested her to join them for the birthday celebrations of Rahul.

"They all went to a lodge in sector 53 for drinks after which the accused forced the girl into the car belonging to Chauhan. Inside, she was repeatedly raped by the five men while the car was being driven around the city," said Anant Dev Tiwari, SP City, Noida Police.

According to the police, the girl was then dumped outside Priyadarshini Park at around 9pm. The victim told TOI the accused threatened her not to report the crime. She said she went to a friend's house in the vicinity. The friend's mother, on seeing the girl's condition, called up her family.

The shocked parents then approached the police, who took her to the district hospital for a medical examination, which confirmed rape, police said.

"A case under relevant sections of IPC was registered and investigations initiated. We were able to arrest four of the accused, while the fifth will be caught soon," said Tiwari.

Police said the victim had known the accused for the past few months. In another shocking revelation, the victim told TOI that the same men had raped her on May 24 last year. There was no independent corroboration of this charge.

The victim lives with her parents and infant brother in Noida. Among the accused, Rahul Arya is an employee of a private city mall and Himanshu Sharma a student of ICWA in Delhi. Saurabh Chauhan owns an auto-parts dealership in the city, Sunil Singh is a mass-communication student while Neeraj Singh is studying management in Greater Noida.

http://m.timesofindia.com/PDATOI/articleshow/12048671.cms

3. Yusuf

What the eff is wrong with people? Is this some kind of a certificate that is compulsory for delhi boys to prove themselves that they need to have a rapist tag with them?

How insensitive of the police to declare the name of the girl and attack her character. God forbid this happens to their own daughters will they say the same thing?

Serious laws are required to deter this heinous crime.

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I hate to sound stereotypical, but Delhi is indeed becoming the rape capital of India. Do Delhi'tes find it so difficult to get women that they have to resort to rape? This is ridiculous.

Bangalorean, peacecracker and Koovie like this.
  5. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

I get disgusted to hear news like this.

This means there is a serious flaw in our judiciary. Lets first ask for judicial reforms.

If thats too much to ask in a corrupt society like ours, atleast legalise prostitution for these animals.

If thats too much for the conservatives of tradition and culture (as if there is a thing like that) at least kill off those PROVEN guilty in these animalistic behaviour.

6. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

I have checked the case history, she is not that sati savitri as u think . She knew those boys and had few shots of vodka with boys with consent.you know after few drinks janwar jag uthta ha insaaan me

moral of the ishtory

better safe than sorry

anoop_mig25 likes this.
  7. jackhammer2

jackhammer2 Regular Member

Whenever I wake up in the morning and find such a news in the paper I don't get surprised as its not new for me anymore but I still think that whole india is infested by this crime not just Delhi (yeah yeah I am a Delhite) .. Some recent incidents like these has happened in Bengal the place no one can really imagined ...

Tshering22 likes this.
  8. H.A.

H.A. Senior Member Senior Member

What!!!!!!!!!!! she was raped twice???????????????? why did she not complain the previous time, why did she still go out with them????

9. Blackwater

the girl was not sati savitri, she is bigri type. she goes to disco,drink,smoke,with boyz .what u expect after that "Mata Ka Jagran"?????

10. Yusuf

The most insensitive post. A reason all the bigda perverts give when they rape. Short clothes, drinking, smiled at me etc. what the eff.

11. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Extremely crude,idiotic,despicable and stupid post.None of them have a right to violate her modesty against her will

12. H.A.

If a person goes to disco, smokes and and drinks are called / termed as bigra's......then i guess very few people will be left who will be good and not bigra types.......

the girl was just enjoying her life that's it, she was out with a group of people whom she trusted / knew about, she never would have thought that they would do a thing like this.....

13. H.A.

thank god shiela dixit is no mamata, else she would have denied this and told that this is a game of the opposition.

14. Blackwater

haahaa ,well that's my prospective. every story has two sides ,every coin has two sides,

she should understand she lives in India not UK or western world. She is not a 5 yrs old, she is an adult who can think wats right or wrong.I also blamed her parents, who allowed her to drink and go to late night outs with boyz.

we live in India and adopt foreign culture ....enjoy drink,smoke and sex, than why rona dhona

@ iamanidiot, this is a crude reality of Indian society, the sooner u realize better for u...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    panduranghari likes this.
  15. Blackwater

well come out of sleep. You live in India and accept what Indian society is ?

This is what i said, after drinks or smoke ganja, hashish, u get high, you dont remain in your senses, with boys and girls around what u expect "MATA KA JAGRAN"

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  16. Blackwater

it might be possible she had sex with friends with consent, who knows, dont jump to the conclusion let the court do justice:sad::sad:

boyz are not responsible for rape in all cases, girls frame them in few cases:scared1::scared1:

17. Blackwater

well what ever u call,this is reality of Indian society especially today,u dont live in mars, iam not insensitive but practical

18. SPIEZ

SPIEZ Senior Member Senior Member

What is the certainty that they violated against her will? She could have gone in willfully, realised her mistake afterwards.

panduranghari and Blackwater like this.
  19. Apollyon

Apollyon Führer Senior Member

:facepalm:

20. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

21. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Yusuf, pmaitra and the others are right. No one was really surprised by the city. The city can be guessed by a glance at the headline, without even reading the article.

This is becoming a little too regular for comfort.