'Forced conversions, marriages on the rise'

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
It is not poverty, most of the people will become fanatic if hatred is incited based on sentiments and also told that if you die for the religion you will go to heaven.

Most of the people are fall for this propaganda.
Poverty is definitely a reason. If one is rich one can afford education for his kids. A person who is learned will have rational thoughts. He will not believe that if I die for my religion I will go to heaven. My parents educated me that is why I do not believe in caste and religious distinction.

Last edited:

ninja85

its surprising that still someone left to be forced convert in paki country.:rofl::laugh::lol:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Poverty is definitely a reason. If one is rich one can afford education for his kids. A person who is learned will have rational thoughts. He will not believe that if I die for my religion I will go to heaven. My parents educated me that is why i do not believe in caste and religious distinction.
This is different dude !!

If you look into the profiles of the terrorists some of them are well educated and rich.

Osma Bin Laden is one of the richest in Middle east, similarly there are engineers and well educated in the terrorists list.

This is brain washing from Childhood onwards, a CULT practice which hates the existence of other religions !!

I agree there are moderates and they are big in number.

But out of 100 % , Most of the people in any society are foolish in their thinking, reason why our politicians gets their votes on sentiments.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Poverty is an underlying factor which can make people compromise on their belief and ethics. Sentiments gives them a reason and justification and 72 hypothetical virgins are tempting.

sorcerer

Country flag

If you look into the profiles of the terrorists some of them are well educated and rich.

Osma Bin Laden is one of the richest in Middle east, similarly there are engineers and well educated in the terrorists list.

This is brain washing from Childhood onwards, a CULT practice which hates the existence of other religions !!
The Hypothetical 72 virgins are quiet tempting...
Made me remember the song Fatboy slim is F****ing in the haven and F****ing in the heaven and f****in the heaven..

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Yes Osama is one case. However let us look into the example of a Westernised Muslim country like that of Turkey. We all know of the Turks. We had to face the fanatic Turkish barbarian raiders like Allauddin etc The Ottoman Turks were once hell bent on conquering all of Europe and they even came as far as Vienna. They were hated for their cruelty.(You can google up Bulgarian massacre and devsirme system)

However modern Turkey is a very different country from the days of Ottoman Turks. It is a western country that is part of NATO and also in a few European organizations. Some people even call Turkey part of europe. Their success lies in their high literacy level(95%) and also the secularization of the state. Turks do not end up terrorists.(Though I admit they support terror in Israel,Iran,Iraq). Majority of the Muslim Turks even like to identify themselves as atheists. :lol:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
The Hypothetical 72 virgins are quiet tempting...
Made me remember the song Fatboy slim is F****ing in the haven and F****ing in the heaven and f****in the heaven..
Abrahamic religions say that soul will travel to heaven, not the body.

How can a soul which has higher status than a human being crave for sex??

If we think of Souls and GOD, there are much much higher kind of happiness exists like salvation and all.

This is highly misinterpreted to make Martyrs out of common men.

The sexual happiness is designed for sustainable life on earth, this pleasure is designed by GOD so that people mate and life will go on. Why would soul worry about sex in Heaven??

This is laughable !!

A guy can understand based on the background he was brought up and culture also plays its part, in his understanding of facts or revelations.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Yes Osama is one case. However let us look into the example of a Westernised Muslim country like that of Turkey. We all know of the Turks. We had to face the fanatic Turkish barbarian raiders like Allauddin etc The Ottoman Turks were once hell bent on conquering all of Europe and they even came as far as Vienna. They were hated for their cruelty.(You can google up Bulgarian massacre and devsirme system)

However modern Turkey is a very different country from the days of Ottoman Turks. It is a western country that is part of NATO and also in a few European organizations. Some people even call Turkey part of europe. Their success lies in their high literacy level(95%) and also the secularization of the state. Turks do not end up terrorists.(Though I admit they support terror in Israel,Iran,Iraq). Majority of the Muslim Turks even like to identify themselves as atheists. :lol:
Turkish Officials: Over 1,000 Turkish Terrorists Joined the Islamic State

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
They are Kurds mostly. Compare this number to Iran,Iraq,Afghanistan and the great Bakistan.
I didn't read that article, but Kurds joining the IS ?
:hmm:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
They are Kurds mostly. Compare this number to Iran,Iraq,Afghanistan and the great Bakistan.
Kurds are fighting IS.

Every society is the same , There are fanatics and weak souls who constitute more than 50 % , give them one reason and they will jump into the band wagon of terror.

But in case of Islam they will brainwash and will give the reason from the birth onwards. They will become hard core once they grow up dreaming of heaven and all. Give them one reason and it will trigger a chain reaction which will present Martyrs in numbers.

These guys say they do it for religion and all but they are fanatics to the core, the fact is these men are exploited by the religious doctrine.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I did not mean the Kurds will join ISIS but the Kurds are often at the forefront of terror activities in turkey. They are a small minority though.

Kurdistan Workers' Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah Kurds are fighting the to try free their homeland (in spite of the oppression of the Turkish establishment.)

But the article seems to suggest the Turkish citizens are joining the IS. If anybody is joining the IS, I doubt it is going to be Kurds.
Still didn't read the article though, kinda lazy.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Kurds are fighting IS.

Every society is the same , There are fanatics and weak souls who constitute more than 50 % , give them one reason and they will jump into the band wagon of terror.

But in case of Islam they will brainwash and will give the reason from the birth onwards. They will become hard core once they grow up dreaming of heaven and all. Give them one reason and it will trigger a chain reaction which will present Martyrs in numbers.
This is what I mean. I think Mustafa Kemal is a good example.

In the years following 1926, Mustafa Kemal introduced a radical departure from previous reformations established by the Ottoman Empire.[85] For the first time in history, Islamic law was separated from secular law, and restricted to matters of religion.[85] Mustafa Kemal said

" We must liberate our concepts of justice, our laws and our legal institutions from the bonds which, even though they are incompatible with the needs of our century, still hold a tight grip on us.[86] "
On 1 March 1926, the Turkish penal code was passed. It was modelled after the Italian Penal Code. On 4 October 1926, Islamic courts were closed. Establishing the civic law needed time, so Mustafa Kemal delayed the inclusion of the principle of laïcité until 5 February 1937.

Ottoman practice discouraged social interaction between men and women in keeping with Islamic practice of sex segregation. Mustafa Kemal began developing social reforms very early, as was evident in his personal journal. He and his staff discussed issues like abolishing the veiling of women and the integration of women into the outside world. The clue on how he was planning to tackle the issue was stated in his journal on November 1915.
" The social change can come by (1) educating capable mothers who are knowledgeable about life; (2) giving freedom to women; (3) a man can change his morals, thoughts, and feelings by leading a common life with a woman; as there is an inborn tendency towards the attraction of mutual affection.[87] "
Mustafa Kemal needed a new civil code to establish his second major step of giving freedom to women. The first part was the education of girls and was established with the unification of education. On 4 October 1926, the new Turkish civil code passed. It was modelled after the Swiss Civil Code. Under the new code, women gained equality with men in such matters as inheritance and divorce. Mustafa Kemal did not consider gender a factor in social organization. According to his view, society marched towards its goal with men and women united. He believed that it was scientifically impossible for him to achieve progress and to become civilized if the gender separation continued as in Ottoman times.[88] During a meeting he declaimed:

" To the women: Win for us the battle of education and you will do yet more for your country than we have been able to do. It is to you that I appeal.
To the men: If henceforward the women do not share in the social life of the nation, we shall never attain to our full development. We shall remain irremediably backward, incapable of treating on equal terms with the civilizations of the West.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Yeah Kurds are fighting the to try free their homeland (in spite of the oppression of the Turkish establishment.)

But the article seems to suggest the Turkish citizens are joining the IS. If anybody is joining the IS, I doubt it is going to be Kurds.
Still didn't read the article though, kinda lazy.
I am actually saying that Turks are less prone to terrorism than other Muslim countries as they are more educated. Of course in any country there will be fanatics.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
This is what I mean. I think Mustafa Kemal is a good example.
Most of the Islamists regard Mustafa in a negative way. If a muslim is secular then they consider that guy is degrading their religion.

DingDong

Country flag
Poverty is an underlying factor which can make people compromise on their belief and ethics. Sentiments gives them a reason and justification and 72 hypothetical virgins are tempting.
Education doesn't change a person's basic character which gets etched at a very early age. Read any introductory Sociology/Psychology book (particularly the section which talks about "the significant other"). Contrary to popular belief, peer groups and schooling have very little influence over a person's character building. Immediate family and neighbourhood are the major influences. A doctor's kid becomes doctor, a politician's kid becomes politician....etc

Even if they look liberal on surface, some people are more susceptable to radicalization than the others. Talking from my experience, a poor Muslim is less likely to be a fanatic than an average "educated" Muslim, that is because the "poor" Muslim keeps himself busy while trying to arrange food and shelter for his/her family. He barely finds any free time to read about "Glorious Islamic Empires" which slaughtered the non-believers and took their women as sex-slaves.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Most of the Islamists regard Mustafa in a negative way. If a muslim is secular then they consider that guy is degrading their religion.
However he did manage to abolish the Caliphate of Muslims. This was a thing the Christians could not do with the Pope of Rome. Also he is regarded a hero in Turkey as he saved the Turkish people from Britain.

Interestingly the only people who were very eager to fight for the Caliphate were the Indian Muslims. They even launched Khilafat Movement with the support of Gandhiji the Great. Sadly their Turkish forefathers dashed their hopes.

:pound:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I am actually saying that Turks are less prone to terrorism than other Muslim countries as they are more educated. Of course in any country there will be fanatics.
Okay.
I have a feeling Turkey will get more Hardcore as time progresses. Just a hunch.

Education doesn't change a person's basic character which gets etched at a very early age. Read any introductory Sociology/Psychology book (particularly the section which talks about "the significant other"). Contrary to popular belief, peer groups and schooling have very little influence over a person's character building. Immediate family and neighbourhood are the major influences. A doctor's kid becomes doctor, a politician's kid becomes politician....etc

Even if they look liberal on surface, some people are more susceptable to radicalization than the others. Talking from my experience, a poor Muslim is less likely to be a fanatic than an average "educated" Muslim, that is because the "poor" Muslim keeps himself busy while trying to arrange food and shelter for his/her family. He barely finds any free time to read about "Glorious Islamic Empires" which slaughtered the non-believers and took their women as sex-slaves.
Interesting.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Yes an average unemployed Muslim who has some education will certainly do that. However a modern working educated Muslim is less likely to do so. Also see the example of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. He was a so called educated man.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles