Afghans like India most and hate Pakistan most

SHASH2K2

This is like universal truth and cannot be doubted at all. Afghanis are like our brother from another mother.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Does this mean Afghans like to kill Indians the most and the Pakistanis the least! This is like asking the Tibetans who do they like more India or China. When most of the Tibetan Refuges live in India why would they support China? Most of Afghans had or still are taking refuge in Pakistanis camps and there is a lot of inter marriage between both countries and communities so i dont think their friendship is in any doubt. We should not be carried away by these half researched views, may be the Afghans like Indian music and movies but thats about it.

SHASH2K2

Come on ?! Are we this delusional ?
I am talking about cultural level interaction with Afghanistan. India has great deal of cultural interaction with Afghanistan from ages and soft power of India is not questionable in case of Afghanistan.

ashdoc

Country flag
Does this mean Afghans like to kill Indians the most and the Pakistanis the least!
most afghans fear and resent pakistan for arming and sending the taliban to destroy their lives . liking india is all about the old dictum--' enemy's enemy is my friend '

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
most afghans fear and resent pakistan for arming and sending the taliban to destroy their lives . liking india is all about the old dictum--' enemy's enemy is my friend '
That is not entirely true, although i agree some Afghans may blame Pakistan government the truth is they share a deep relationship and family ties with each other. Cross border marriage and travel is very common and i dont think the vast majority of people on the street in Afghanistan consider Pakistan an enemy.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
I am talking about cultural level interaction with Afghanistan. India has great deal of cultural interaction with Afghanistan from ages and soft power of India is not questionable in case of Afghanistan.
Does 'cultural interaction from ages' mean the loot and plunder of India ?

Liking India is just because of the hatred of Pakistan

ashdoc

Country flag
That is not entirely true, although i agree some Afghans may blame Pakistan government the truth is they share a deep relationship and family ties with each other. Cross border marriage and travel is very common and i dont think the vast majority of people on the street in Afghanistan consider Pakistan an enemy.
here--most afghan refugees in pakistan were celebrating the indian victory over pak--

http://thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=13442

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Thats a senseless statement. Do you know anything about Indo-Afghan trade relation which is present from ancient times. India always supported the GOOD TALIBAN in Afghanistan and has always helped them whenever required. We are still working over there for their development and this is the reason why the people of Afghanistan like us or whatever you may say.

AOE

Nice find ashdoc*, the BBC poll attached to the blog shows some interesting views of the average Afghan.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
here--most afghan refugees in pakistan were celebrating the indian victory over pak--

http://thenews.com.pk/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=13442
I heard there was also celebration in Baluchistan for India win but these things dont mean anything as they can switch sides and become good muslims any day. Although the charity work started under NDA regime like donateing buses building hospital etc., has had a positive influence along with the cultural exchange like they watching our Swasbahu(pardon the spelling) TV serials, Hindhi movies and songs are quite the riot in Afghanistan. All these things help build ties but i would take that with a pinch of salt because they are known to change sides at the drop of the hat!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Thats a senseless statement. Do you know anything about Indo-Afghan trade relation which is present from ancient times. India always supported the GOOD TALIBAN in Afghanistan and has always helped them whenever required.
What is this 'relation from ancient times' that we keep hearing about? All I see is Ghorids and Ghaznids (no point taking it all the way back to Gandhara times)

India supported the Northern Alliance which the Pahstuns hated

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I heard there was also celebration in Baluchistan for India win but these things dont mean anything as they can switch sides and become good muslims any day.
Do you mean good muslims are the ones that take Pakistan's side or vice versa. What are the Indian muslims then?
Your view towards muslims in general seems very narrow. Help me if if I've misunderstood you.

Regards,
Virendra

ashdoc

Country flag
I heard there was also celebration in Baluchistan for India win but these things dont mean anything as they can switch sides and become good muslims any day. Although the charity work started under NDA regime like donateing buses building hospital etc., has had a positive influence along with the cultural exchange like they watching our Swasbahu(pardon the spelling) TV serials, Hindhi movies and songs are quite the riot in Afghanistan. All these things help build ties but i would take that with a pinch of salt because they are known to change sides at the drop of the hat!
look at this map of the ethnic composition of afghanistan--

http://www.marlamallett.com/afghan-map.htm

the taliban are backed by pashtuns , but pashtuns are only 38 percent of afghanistan's population .

the tajiks , hazaras , uzbeks , turkmens and baluchis are sick of taliban , and certainly dont like pakistan which sends them . they prefer india .

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

This short News-X documentary tells in detail on what India has done in Afghan. The road built was done by a company known to me and very close to my family, i could have gone to Afghanistan siteing that reason but did not cross my mind then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
look at this map of the ethnic composition of afghanistan--

http://www.marlamallett.com/afghan-map.htm

the taliban are backed by pashtuns , but pashtuns are only 38 percent of afghanistan's population .

the tajiks , hazaras , uzbeks , turkmens and baluchis are sick of taliban , and certainly dont like pakistan which sends them . they prefer india .
Very interesting find, yes the Taliban is a Pashto force and the Norther Alliance Tribes is mostly an Indian ally since we had backed them for Soviet times and still have helicopter bases helping them in remote areas.

I cant read the letters on the map could you clarify on the ethnic composition? The purple is Pastho,Orange is Baluch?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Do you mean good muslims are the ones that take Pakistan's side or vice versa. What are the Indian muslims then?
Your view towards muslims in general seems very narrow. Help me if if I've misunderstood you.

Regards,
Virendra
No i did not mean it that way, i meant good muslim in the sense muslims should not fight each other and be as one.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles