Afghan woman showing bare legs shocks Kabul

jus

Country flag

The photo of an Afghan woman walking the streets of Kabul in a mid-length dress with her bare legs showing has gone viral.

"I was shocked," said local journalist Hayat Ensafi, who snapped the photo. "I knew I had to catch this special moment because I never saw a woman here walking down the streets like this."

Mr. Ensafi told the BBC that the woman "walked very fast" and didn't want to speak with him when he caught up to her."The whole city of Kabul is shocked," he said.

Women face severe restrictions on clothing and movement in Afghanistan. After Mr. Hayat posted the photo on Facebook, thousands of people shared and commented on it.

"We have seen thousands of people talk about it," the BBC's Syed Anwar in Kabul said. "Not only on social media but also in the streets people are talking about her, wondering if she is mentally ill or if she is protesting.

"It's risky for women to walk bare-legged in Kabul," he added. "At the same time, some people have argued that [dressing like this] can pave the way for Taliban propaganda."

Afghan woman showing bare legs shocks Kabul - Washington Times :confused:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
These were scenes from Afghanistan when Afghanistan was ruled by a pro-Soviet Union government (Shown below)

1972. They look happy.

Kabul

Of course if something good happens with the SU, America starts getting the itching feeling in posterior.
Enter Brzezinski.
America creates, funds and arms the Mujahideen through proxies (to create trouble and eventually dismantle the Soviet Union and thus weaken Russian control over vast natural resources.)
And now look at the state of Afghanistan and its neighborhood.
Thank you America for spreading democracy and freedom here and elsewhere. :thumb:

Just sad what America is doing to this world; from Afghanistan, to Arabia, to Syria, to Chechenya, to Serbia, to Libya, to Ukraine and many many more. :tsk:

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Now it's Jiahdi pro paki Taliban is in power (Karzai is nothing).....Islamic laws in place and country goes to hell! :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Or maybe she wanted to shake a leg.

shake a leg
1. to hurry; to move faster.

From the rapist, which is a natural phenomenon amongst the cloistered and segregated society.

Redhawk

The Taliban must have really done a number on Afghanistan if a woman in Kabul wearing a dress showing her bare legs is so out of the ordinary that it's news.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Maybe some lecherous chap had forced sexual intercourse and threw her out before she could even wear her pyjamas.
Of course, if her legs are exposed it probably indicates rape... after all what other sort of woman would consort with lecherous chaps?

Blood+

Country flag
If watching a soccer match is a crime then psychiatric help for the Nation is a dire necessity.

Nah,that means they are too far beyond any redemption,only cure is a .50 BMG up their arse.

gaurav96

Maverick
This what happens when people try and drag religion everywhere. Afghanistan in 70s was so much better.. look what religious principles and mullahs have bought them.Bigots,lost generation,maimed youth,Destroyed country and neighbor like Pakistan

sorcerer

Country flag
may be she is from Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan

MANT!

Islamic Fundamentalism = Middle Ages or bust... Never have I seen a group of people wishing so hard that the world rediscovers the joys of living in poverty, ignorance and superstition.

mayfair

These were scenes from Afghanistan when Afghanistan was ruled by a pro-Soviet Union government (Shown below)

I believe this one may have been from Iran not Afghanistan.

But that's besides the point.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles