Afghan army violates Pakistani borderline

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Afghan army violates borderline

KARACHI: Afghan National Army has violated the Pakistan-Afghanistan borderline again on Thursday by firing three mortar shells at the Pakistani border, Geo News reported.

According to sources, the mortar shells fired by the Afghan army fell 900 meters inside South Waziristan in the area of Angoradda.

Earlier on Wednesday, the Afghan army fired nine mortar shells and violated the borderline. However, no casualties were reported from the incident, sources added.

Pakistan has protested against the indiscriminate violation of border limits from the Afghan army.
Afghan army violates borderline

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
interesting development, let see what mighty PA will do, remember they did nothing with US navy seal operation.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
:pound: It seems everyone just gets a kick by violating Pakistani borders. First it was us, then the Soviets (80s), then the Americans, then Chechens and foreign jihadis, and now Afghans! :lol:. Now I am really tempted to take a group of friends, violate their border as well and see what is the thrill in that.:pound:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
just like to add that chines, US and Saudi operate from within their borders, independently.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
And why is it happening anyway ?
There's no mention of any extremists/terrorists being in play from either sides of the border.

Regards,
Virendra

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
And why is it happening anyway ?
There's no mention of any extremists/terrorists being in play from either sides of the border.

Regards,
Virendra
may be retaliation for Pakistani shelling into Afganistan

KABUL (Reuters) - A barrage of 40 rockets was fired into eastern Afghanistan from Pakistan on Friday, a senior official said, as the top border police commander for the region offered his resignation over the government's response to weeks of attacks.

General Aminullah Amarkhil, head of the border police in the eastern region, said he was not able to return fire and could not stand by as people were killed by the shells.

"I have submitted my resignation to the Interior Ministry because I can't see my people being killed by shells fired from Pakistan," Amarkhil told Reuters.

"I have promised my people here that the shelling would be stopped, but people are still dying because we have no order from the central government to respond," he added.

The Afghan Foreign Ministry said in late June that four children were killed in eastern Kunar province by Pakistani artillery shells, and Afghan President Hamid Karzai said that Pakistan had fired 470 rockets over the border that month.

Pakistan last Monday rejected the Afghan allegations of large scale cross-border shelling, saying only that "a few accidental rounds" may have crossed the border when it pursued militants who had attacked its security forces.

Amarkhil's spokesman said the resignation had not been accepted, but Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said the ministry had not received a resignation letter.

Pakistan blames Afghanistan for giving militants safe haven on its side of the border, leaving Pakistan forces vulnerable to counter-attack when it chases them out of the country's ethnic Pashtun tribal areas.

But Kabul has limited reach in many of Afghanistan's border regions, where insurgents that target Karzai's government have been gaining ground in recent years.

The most powerful insurgent groups are also based in Pakistan, and widely believed to receive covert support from factions in Islamabad, which makes Afghans deeply resentful of allegations of cross-border meddling.

Gul Agha Sherzai, the governor of eastern Nangarhar province, said around another 40 rockets were fired across the Pakistan border and hit both residential and non-residential areas.

Sherzai has sent a letter to the Pakistani consulate in Jalalabad asking for an immediate halt to the attacks, and warned that the attacks could damage ties.

"Such attacks from the Pakistani side, and the absence of actions to prevent them, could hurt relations between the two neighbouring countries," his spokesman said in a statement.

Fighting across the border overshadowed talks when the two countries met last week, along with the United States, to map out plans for talks with the Taliban.

Deep distrust remains between Afghanistan and Pakistan. Afghanistan accuses Pakistan of continuing to support the Afghan Taliban, whom it openly backed when they were in power from 1996 to 2001, to maintain its influence in Afghanistan.

It is impossible to verify independently exactly what is happening on the remote mountainous border
Afghan general resigns over Pakistan shelling | World | Reuters

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I hope the Afghans are doing it to whip up nationalism in its territory. They sorely need a dose of nationalism to isolate alienate the militants and Talibans, and to unite their acutely fragmented (along ethnic lines) country, who are closely associated with Pakistan. Maybe the Afghans can escalate it to a limited, well calculated, border skirmish, especially that the Americans have not yet pulled out a sizable portion of its troops...

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
:pound: It seems everyone just gets a kick by violating Pakistani borders. First it was us, then the Soviets (80s), then the Americans, then Chechens and foreign jihadis, and now Afghans! :lol:. Now I am really tempted to take a group of friends, violate their border as well and see what is the thrill in that.:pound:
You forgot chinese troops sitting in pok.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The PA is used to firing the rockets into across the borders of their neighbours and get away with it,where as in the case of Afghanistan it is a different dynamic due to the presence of NATO forces the Afghanistan have to make best use of the situation and hit back with lethal force to send them back in to trenches or bunkers. They have meddled into Afghan's affairs for to long with the help of Taliban thugs who were bringing them revenue from drug trafficking. The revenues might have gone down.
The second part in my opinion could be they are testing the resolve of Afghanistan Army as well.
I think the Pakistan Army is living their own world of the past era. Some one has to bring them in to the world of reality of today's world. At last they are at the receiving end of it from the militants and their neighbours.

What I want to know now where is their all weather friend who is taller than Himalayas. May be they are in denial that any skirmishes are taking place between their brother and Afghanistan as is their habit to deny everything that is not to their liking.
So let us all blow a bugel to the murderes of humanity to come to their brothers help.

As the saying goes "What goes around comes around. Face the music big boys. I hope it continues with no end in sight.

agentperry

US wanna leave afghan in a state where anti-usa population are absent. so what could be the solution. engage them with pakistanis. afghan fight pakistanis. china support pakistanis, so here us and west support afghan in order to hold a significant position in the region and take over china. afghan taliban will pitch against pakistani taliban as they both are institutionalized during WoT. afghans want weapon to fight, so us wil provide weapons and get a lease of afghan mines in return. india on the other hand gets a anti-pak afghan and not anti-pak regime. everyone is happy except pak and china who loses mines and influence in afghan and pak's confidence.

sometimes im as high as a bitch!!!!

Pakistani Nationalist

And then they cry abt mistreatment........ sorry we will fire more shells on the afghan terrorists....... trying to make up for the old times........
@ the messiah.. dont post smthin u cant prove.

pmaitra

And then they cry abt mistreatment........ sorry we will fire more shells on the afghan terrorists....... trying to make up for the old times........
It is the Afghans who are making up for the old times. They haven't forgotten how Pakistan backed brainwashed zombies invaded their country and carried out terrorist strikes since late 1960s which culminated in the dastardly murder of Najibullah. Afghans have every right and will, to pay back with interest.

For conspiracy theorists, nothing can be proven.

Pakistani Nationalist

It is the Afghans who are making up for the old times. They haven't forgotten how Pakistan backed brainwashed zombies invaded their country and carried out terrorist strikes since late 1960s which culminated in the dastardly murder of Najibullah. Afghans have every right and will, to pay back with interest.
Old times? why dont u also blame the guys who provided the finance n the ideology to the "mujahideen" and than abandon them in afghanistan when their problem USSR got solved!

Najibullah wasnt even liked by his own people............ Right for what? they are not even afghans 60% believe they r tajiks,hazars etc while other 40% are fighting them n NATO!

Also pay back for what? us hosting almost 1 crore refugees and now 6 millions and providing 80% of stuff they r using? It would be stupid to think tht ANA can attack Pakistan and survive.

For conspiracy theorists, nothing can be proven.
No wonder the guy post wierd stuff with no logic.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Come on! Can't you take it for something? Just for old times sake? Like the USSR era? Itna to lihaaz karo afghan doston ke liye! :lol:

pmaitra

Old times? why dont u also blame the guys who provided the finance n the ideology to the "mujahideen" and than abandon them in afghanistan when their problem USSR got solved!
Pakistan has been supporting the mujahideen long before CIA started funding these terrorists. The CIA funded these terrorists is a fact, but that does not change the fact that Pakistan has been exporting terrorism to all its neighbours, including Iran in the recent past.

Najibullah wasnt even liked by his own people............ Right for what? they are not even afghans 60% believe they r tajiks,hazars etc while other 40% are fighting them n NATO!
I don't think you know enough Afghans, except the refugees, to even make a comment. I personally know quite a few people from Ghazni, Kabul and Mazar-i-Sharif. However, I typically don't hang out with Islamist Jihadist radicals, but educated and decent people, so I did not have the opportunity to hear any anti-Najibullah rants from the Afghans I met.

P.S.: The group of 25+ Afghans who visited my seminar were students on an exchange programme.

Also pay back for what? us hosting almost 1 crore refugees and now 6 millions and providing 80% of stuff they r using? It would be stupid to think tht ANA can attack Pakistan and survive.
You did not host Afghan refugees, you simply settled them so that you could use them as terrorists while the 'brave' Pakistani generals could hide behind their wives' and watch. Just like Pakistan used the NLI only to disown them later.

I think you should worry about Pakistan's survival should all the Pashtuns and Baloch start a war of independence for their respective lands that Pakistan is forcefully occupying.

No wonder the guy post wierd stuff with no logic.
Nothing beats the logic that the floods in Pakistan was a conspiracy by the Hindus and the Jews.

Last edited:

Pakistani Nationalist

Pakistan has been supporting the mujahideen long before CIA started funding these terrorists. The CIA funded these terrorists is a fact, but that does not change the fact that Pakistan has been exporting terrorism to all its neighbours, including Iran in the recent past.
Before the CIA got involved afghans themselves had started fighting the soviets! abt exporting terrorism... well we know abt the state sponsored terrorism India has been spreadin in all of its neighbours, LTTE in Lanka,Mukti bhani and BLA in Pakistan,Maoists in nepal and giving refuge to tibetans........... Abt Iran..its a well known fact tht Jandullah leader was arrested thanks to "evil" demonic ISI.
I don't think you know enough Afghans, except the refugees, to even make a comment. I personally know quite a few people from Ghazni, Kabul and Mazar-i-Sharif. However, I typically don't hang out with Islamist Jihadist radicals, but educated and decent people, so I did not have the opportunity to hear any anti-Najibullah rants from the Afghans I met.
Of which none even know abt the past? We have around 5-6 million of them living in out country.

You did not host Afghan refugees, you simply settled them so that you could use them as terrorists while the
Think again n try trolling harder... coz we gave refugee to millions of afghans who fleed their country when USSR ur dear n near frnd and whom u supported invade.

'brave' Pakistani generals could hide behind their wives' and watch. Just like Pakistan used the NLI only to disown them later.
Again the same crap comming frm a fan boy........... Keep trolling....... NLI is now a part regularised corps..

I think you should worry about Pakistan's survival should all the Pashtuns and Baloch start a war of independence for their respective lands that Pakistan is forcefully occupying.
Could say the same about sikhs,assamese,nagas,mezoramis,maoists,IOK etc...... So Keep dreaming... Something u should know:
Pashtunistan was a term coined by indians not even afghans and nobdy in KPK gives a damn abt tht... the afghan invasions of bajaur and FATA in getting their behinds kicked by Pakistani Pashtuns in the past n present are a more thn anough fact.

Baluch me being one myself know how many support BLA terrorists who r living in mountains like stray dogs.

Nothing beats the logic that the floods in Pakistan was a conspiracy by the Hindus and the Jews.
U know best.......... U also believe tht by trolling u can win a debate... which is clearly not the case.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Before the CIA got involved afghans themselves had started fighting the soviets! abt exporting terrorism... well we know abt the state sponsored terrorism India has been spreadin in all of its neighbours, LTTE in Lanka,Mukti bhani and BLA in Pakistan,Maoists in nepal and giving refuge to tibetans........... Abt Iran..its a well known fact tht Jandullah leader was arrested thanks to "evil" demonic ISI.
Dude - check your history books - the non-Pakistani ones ... Indian State never supported the LTTE - actually, LTTE was deemed a terrorist organization LONG before IPKF operations in SL.
As for Mukti Bahini - sure India supported it - ONLY after the Bangla Hindus and Muslim intellectuals were driven out of the country by Pakistani Govt - AND LONG AFTER PAK INVOLVEMENT IN KASHMIR - SAY ABOUT 25 YEARS LATER. And we all know what was happening in Bangladesh in 1970 and how Pakistan Army was treating it's fellow countrymen. Want proof? Here you go ...
Archer Blood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BLA - same - read above.

As for your accusation about India "supporting" USSR invasion of Afghanistan - read the REAL history again ... India, together with the non-aligned nations, voted against the soviet invasion in the United Nations and "condemned" the invasion ...

Toledo Blade - Google News Archive Search

Here's the truth - you call yourself a Baloch - I doubt it. Pakistan was born out of irrational fear of India and has persisted under that fear for the last 70 years. It has turned itself over to USA and China for defense against India, inspite of the fact that in the last 70 years, it is Pakistan which has been the first aggressor. Wake up and accept the fact that in the "National Security" state created after the death of M A Jinnah, it is the creation and maintenance of irrational fears that keep the Pakistani military Junta in power - whether there is a "democratic" government in power or not, it is the military who rules the country.

pmaitra

Mukti Bahini were freedom fighters fighting against genocide of 3 million Bengalis. The real terrorists were the Pakistani Army. BLA are also fighting for independence and were supported by the USSR and India being an ally supported them. Right now, India does not support them because supporting Baloch Nationalism endangers Iran's territorial integrity and India needs Iran for transit to Afghanistan. So no support for Baloch since collapse of USSR AFAIK.

Rest of your BS is not worth responding to.

Dude - check your history books - the non-Pakistani ones ... Indian State never supported the LTTE - actually, LTTE was deemed a terrorist organization LONG before IPKF operations in SL.
India did support LTTE at one point. Rajiv Gandhi even hosted Prabhakaran.

As for your accusation about India "supporting" USSR invasion of Afghanistan - read the REAL history again ... India, together with the non-aligned nations, voted against the soviet invasion in the United Nations and "condemned" the invasion ...

Toledo Blade - Google News Archive Search
USSR never invaded Afghanistan. When the DRA Army was trying to fight the mujahideen, they were facing difficulties. They requested USSR to send in military assistance and it was rejected 10 times and finally the 11th time, Brezhnev agreed. Rajiv Gandhi openly backed Najibullah. Don't know about UN vote, but India was bound by treaty with USSR to support them in 1979, the same treaty by virtue of which USSR supported India in 1972.

Pakistani Nationalist

Mukti Bahini were freedom fighters fighting against genocide of 3 million Bengalis.
It has been 4 decades yet this false figure could not be confirmed?!

It is also said tht mukti bhani killed 1.1 million innocent biharis n west Pakistanis.

Freedom fighters? haha...... Indian authors have written books how india created them.

India used them as proxy..............

The real terrorists were the Pakistani Army.
The indian army n the indian govt were the terrorists who created a proxy in another country............. a case of state terrorism.

BLA are also fighting for independence and were supported by the USSR and India being an ally supported them. Right now, India does not support them because supporting Baloch Nationalism endangers Iran's territorial integrity and India needs Iran for transit to Afghanistan. So no support for Baloch since collapse of USSR AFAIK.
So ur accepting th india support BLA ? a UN black listed criminal organisation tht has murdered innocent people!

India did support LTTE at one point. Rajiv Gandhi even hosted Prabhakaran.
Again state terroris...

USSR never invaded Afghanistan. When the DRA Army was trying to fight the mujahideen, they were facing difficulties. They requested USSR to send in military assistance and it was rejected 10 times and finally the 11th time, Brezhnev agreed. Rajiv Gandhi openly backed Najibullah. Don't know about UN vote, but India was bound by treaty with USSR to support them in 1979, the same treaty by virtue of which USSR supported India in 1972.
Afghans fighting soviet puppets who requests soviet invasion supported by india.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles