Afghan and Pakistani border guards clash in Torkham

Neo

Bhai Jaan, My Afghan friends are telling me that Pakistanis are illegally occupying Afghan land since 47... Why don't you give back their land ?
Go easy on caffeine will you. It's still early.

SANITY

Durand Line is dead and a non issue for us. There are 30-40 million Pashtuns on our side vs 15 million in Afghanistan. Pak Pashtuns, specially the youth has little respectsfor their Afghan brothers these days.
It's a non issue for you but not for them. There are more Pashtuns in Pakistan but what is the view of those Pashtuns on Durand line? Do they have the same view as rest? I was reading on Wikipedia that Pashtuns on either side don't recognise that border. Is there any truth in it?

bose

Country flag
Go easy on caffeine will you. It's still early.
I am a religious man !! I will never taken such things... alcohols, cigarettes, hashis etc etc...

Recently, I have found Afghans hate rate for Pakistanis un paralleled ... Pakistanis better watch out ...

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Ceasefire reached in late hours. 1 dead and 6 injurred on Afghan side. We have 9 woulnded civilians.
What about the 20 casualties? False report. Anyway, 20 dead sounds a bit too much for an incident like a cease fire violation.

Zebra

Country flag
self delete ..............................................................................................

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
What is the f*****g problem with these Afghanis? Unlike the Angoor Adda, the Torkham gate is on our side of the border and we want to seal it.
I have no idea why the cease fire violation happened,

One of the problem of Afghans seems Pakistan's continuous support to the terror groups like Haqqani network to cripple that country.

Neo

It's a non issue for you but not for them. There are more Pashtuns in Pakistan but what is the view of those Pashtuns on Durand line? Do they have the same view as rest? I was reading on Wikipedia that Pashtuns on either side don't recognise that border. Is there any truth in it?
The youth which makes more than 60% of the population has little affinity and no sympathy with the Afghan pashtuns. The distrust is there on both sides and the 3 million Afghan refugees have taken a huge tol on Pak paahtuns. The gap is probably bigger compared to Pak-Indian Punjabi and India-BD bangalis.

Neo

What about the 20 casualties? False report. Anyway, 20 dead sounds a bit too much for an incident like a cease fire violation.
Afghani twitteratis at their best lol.
Pak media didn't mention the caualties until this morning.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
The youth which makes more than 60% of the population has little affinity and no sympathy with the Afghan pashtuns. The distrust is there on both sides and the 3 million Afghan refugees have taken a huge tol on Pak paahtuns. The gap is probably bigger compared to Pak-Indian Punjabi and India-BD bangalis.
They took the Afghans as refugees so as to suppress the Pashtun identity, next thing they did is they covered the Pashtun identity with Islamic ideology, the third thing they did is destabilized the Afghan Government and never let the civilian Govt. function.

Pakistan also goes to US for aid regarding the refugees and also gets aid to support Taliban.

It is a combined sin of USA and Pakistan for decades that wiped out generations of aspiring Afghans.

Neo

I have no idea why the cease fire violation happened,

One of the problem of Afghans seems Pakistan's continuous support to the terror groups like Haqqani network to cripple that country.
We are in the process of sealing the border and won't allow Afghanis to enter Pakistan without proper documents. So far they were able to cross the border without a NIC which resulted in cross border attacks on both sides.

During the Zar b And we took control of Angoor Adda check post which is located on their side and rebuilt it before handing it over.
Torkham check post is on our side and it is being equipped with modern facilities. Affhanis must obtain a visa before entering and that's what the fuss is about. They opened fire on construction workers and we retaliated.

SANITY

The youth which makes more than 60% of the population has little affinity and no sympathy with the Afghan pashtuns.
You are speaking from personal experience or you get it from some source? Provide something which would help me learn.

The distrust is there on both sides and the 3 million Afghan refugees have taken a huge tol on Pak paahtuns. The gap is probably bigger compared to Pak-Indian Punjabi and India-BD bangalis.
Can't exactly blame Afghanistan for that mess. They were/are weak and victims of geo-politics.

Neo

They took the Afghans as refugees so as to suppress the Pashtun identity, next thing they did is they covered the Pashtun identity with Islamic ideology, the third thing they did is destabilized the Afghan Government and never let the civilian Govt. function.

Pakistan also goes to US for aid regarding the refugees and also gets aid to support Taliban.

It is a combined sin of USA and Pakistan for decades that wiped out generations of aspiring Afghans.
Blame USA and KSA in thss regard, that's where the money and the power is. We did what will do what is in our best interests. Afghanistan is home to many proxies and they're equally responsible for the destabilization of the warn torn country.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Blame USA and KSA in thss regard, that's where the money and the power is. We did what will do what is in our best interests. Afghanistan is home to many proxies and they're equally responsible for the destabilization of the warn torn country.
After USA left Afghanistan you continued to support the Haqqani network and supported their brutal rule.

SANITY

USA is certainly responsible but they had a puppet to play with. I suppose the interest you are taking about is preventing India from having relation and influence on Afghanistan, right? Or is there more to add?

Srinivas_K

Country flag
We are in the process of sealing the border and won't allow Afghanis to enter Pakistan without proper documents. So far they were able to cross the border without a NIC which resulted in cross border attacks on both sides.

During the Zar b And we took control of Angoor Adda check post which is located on their side and rebuilt it before handing it over.
Torkham check post is on our side and it is being equipped with modern facilities. Affhanis must obtain a visa before entering and that's what the fuss is about. They opened fire on construction workers and we retaliated.

I am not sure how this firing started.

Neo

You are speaking from personal experience or you get it from some source? Provide something which would help me learn.
Both, but I have travelled to remote parts of that region and I am a pathan myself. We are friendly and a have a greater sense of brotherhood and hospitality towards eachother but Pak pashtuns are generations ahead compared to our Afghan brothers. That country has been in war for almost 4 decades. No schools, no jobs, no basic facilities. Give me one reason why Pak pashtuns would reunite under such conditions?

Try to befriend youth on fb, interact and learn.

Can't exactly blame Afghanistan for that mess. They were/are weak and victims of geo-politics.
The biggest problem is lack of unity. Three largest ethnic groups, the Pashtun, Tajik and Hazara can't stad each other.

Neo

USA is certainly responsible but they had a puppet to play with. I suppose the interest you are taking about is preventing India from having relation and influence on Afghanistan, right? Or is there more to add?
from our pov India is a big irriant indeed and needs to be controlled. We're convinced that India is using Afghanistan as a proxy against us. Even US defense sec. Chuck Hagel mentioned that.

Neo

After USA left Afghanistan you continued to support the Haqqani network and supported their brutal rule.
How and in what cindition did the US leave Afghanistan? How did US treat us when their objectives were met and the Soviets were defeated in Afghanistan?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles