Country flag
How many modules?

Whats the power?

Radius?

Weight?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yeah BG, no wonder AESA was tested in 2008. I have been hearing about it since '07.

I am just asking you for credible source on its technical specifications.
Your link doesn't say if its PESA or AESA. This was raised in that particular thread itself.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
These are some of the Pictures i took on Aero India and the first one is the Zuk and the later two i do not remember may be some one can help identify them?

I also saw an Indian Proto-type AESA Radar at AI!

Zuk

The Chinese AESA does not look anything like an AESA Radar. The Shroud on the Chinese one looks very ordinary i am not sure whats happening there.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If it is an AESA radar... why the hell does it have interrogator antennas??? :der:

p2prada

It looks like the PESA that we can see on Bars.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Actually, it looks like they tried to copy an APG-66 out of an F-16 and failed. US might want to double check Pakistan's adherence to the end user agreement.
I dont think its that easy to steel from Uncle Sam, there is always an Company representative present when ever they open the Radar for repairs. They keep tabs on everything, i had this same discussion with the Kaveri Engine scientists about opening up an American Engine and reverse engineering it and they told me the difficult of that. They come for rotein suppervision and its impossible to lose even one without them checking the stock and comeing to know of it.

I even asked about taking up an Tejas and claiming it was lost in the high seas due to a crash. They would then interrogate the pilot and get coordinates to the crash and go check for themselves. If they suspect fowl play they will stop delivery.

pankaj nema

Country flag
If we have to do reverse engineering then we should start with the Al 31 engines that we make at Koraput For Su 30 MKI

Well the GE 414 for Tejas Mk 2 is very precious to India .

Ge 414 and a better radar will make Tejas Mk2 a superb kick a$$ fighter plane which will take out the J10 A /B

So lets now not do any thing silly like reverse engineering and then delay the whole project

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles