Advani's rath yatra: 38 days, 46 places, 14 flights

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Galaxy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Advani's rath yatra: 38 days, 46 places, 14 flights

[​IMG]

The name rath yatra may give you the impression that L K Advani is going to undertake an all-land march. Until you learn about the list of flights the Bharatiya Janata Party veteran would use as part of his nation-wide trip against corruption starting next week.

The endeavour, demanding good governance, will see Advani boarding 14 special aircraft and six helicopters. After all, the 83-year-old leader has to visit a total of 46 places across the country in 38 days -- with breaks for Diwali and his birthday on November 8.

For Advani's 7,600-km yatra, his party leadership has decided to make use of air transport in a big way, so the former deputy prime minister can cover 23 states and four Union territories before the mission ends in Delhi on November 20. The yatra will start from Bihar's Sitabdiara, the birthplace of Jayaprakash Narayan, on October 11, the birth anniversary of the late leader.

3. Galaxy

Advani says yatra will focus on black money, launches theme song

Oct 10, 2011

NEW DELHI: All geared up to set out on his sixth yatra, called 'Jan Chetna Yatra' from October 11, senior BJP leader LK Advani on Sunday launched the theme song for the 38-day road show which will criss-cross the country.

The song has been composed with a peppy beat with the idea of attracting the youth. Advani also lent his voice by adding a couple of lines to the song, which is based on the theme of black money and corruption.

Speaking at a function to launch the song at his residence on Sunday, Advani said bringing back black money stashed abroad would figure prominently during his yatra.

More @ Advani says yatra will focus on black money, launches theme song - The Times of India

4. Galaxy

BJP launches anthem for Advani's ‘Rath Yatra'

[​IMG]

NEW DELHI, October 9, 2011

Mr. Advani demanded that names of some people who have got money in foreign shores and which is in the know of the government should be made public without any delay

There will be a pop element in senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader L. K. Advani's rath yatra as the party launched on Sunday, a four-and-a-half minute-long song sung by Bollywood singer Raja Hasan and directed by filmmaker Mani Shankar.

The song, Ab Bas (now enough), opens with Mr. Advani reciting lines about “Thousands of crores of nation's money in foreign banks,” and inflation.

The yatra anthem ends with him again reciting lines on ‘sankalp' to eradicate corruption.

At the launch function at his Prithviraj Road residence, Mr. Advani said: “The vigour with which the United States, Germany, France and other countries whose (black) money are lodged in tax havens have pursued the issue, was lacking in India's context...During this period, many have even withdrawn this money.”

“The Indian government has got some names of people who have got money in foreign shores.

“I demand that all those names should be made public without delay,” he said.

The BJP leader said he was initially hesitant to recite the song but the director made him do so.

He had seen Mani Shankar's film Knock Out, which was about black money issue. When the decision for the yatra was taken, his daughter Pratibha contacted the filmmaker who agreed, and prepared the anthem in two days.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Shankar said none of the artists had charged for the song.

The Hindu : News / National : BJP launches anthem for Advani's ‘Rath Yatra'

5. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

How much money is being spent on this campaign?

6. Galaxy

Very less, It's done by party worker. 8)

7. Galaxy

Advani’s Jan Chetna Yatra rolls out today

Patna: In a season of nationwide yatras, senior BJP leader LK Advani is set to start his 38-day long Jan Chetna Yatra on Tuesday.

Advani, who will launch his yatra from Sitab Diara village - Jayprakash Narayan's birthplace - in Bihar, has said the initiative is aimed at raising awareness about corruption and black money.

The yatra will span over 12,000 kilometres across several states.

On Monday, while speaking to the media the senior BJP leader had played down his prime ministerial ambitions. Many in the political circles as well as within the party have linked his yatra to his prime ministerial bid in the 2014 general elections.

While not ruling himself out as a PM candidate, Advani said a decision would be taken by the party at an appropriate time.

He added there was no dearth of leaders in the BJP.

"Who will be prime minister, the party will decide when the time comes. Three years are still left for the elections. However, the (United Progressive Alliance) government has been run in a way that it can fall anytime. People are tolerating it," Advani said, answering queries from media persons.

His statement in Nagpur recently - soon after meeting RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat - had been an indication that he is not in the race as he said what the "RSS, Jan Sangh, BJP, fellow party workers and the country had given him was much more than the PM's post".

Advani's decision to undertake this yatra has reportedly antagonised some of his senior party colleagues who were eyeing the PM candidate post. Most prominent among them is Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.

Advani plans to focus on issues of black money, Lokpal, judicial accountability and electoral reforms during the yatra.

Advani refuted reports in some sections of the media that he had talked to Modi on Sunday and sorted out the differences.

"Party has to deal with a lot of questions and it deals with them. I was surprised myself (to hear this report). I have not talked to Modi in the last two-three days and people are writing all kinds of things. I would request the media to cross-check facts before writing," he said.

Advani maintained that he did talk to Modi some days back and the latter had told him he would be there when the Yatra enters Gujarat and would welcome it.

8. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

Advanis yatra for Ramajanma Bhoomi was characterized by unity and purpose,where all of sangh parivar closed ranks and breathed idealism.This Yatra,iam afraid,will only make a public spectacle of the simmering rift in the BJP ranks,with sangh merely a peripheral role.Sangh is not very enthused by this yatra,moreover this effort by BJP to rally up support against the govt over the corruption issues appears to be hypocritical considering its own record is not much flattering.Had the BJP resolved its leadership crisis and then set off the yatra it may have made some political sense,this is like BJP is just going through the motions.

9. Galaxy

[h=1]Advani: Black money issue never pursued seriously[/h]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. Galaxy

LK Advani says yatra not aimed at projecting himself

BJP Leader LK Advani today said he has initiated the yatra to generate confidence among the people "demoralised" by corruption in the country and that it was not aimed at projecting himself.

"People ask me that this yatra is to project myself in a new form but I tell them that it has nothing to do with me or my party BJP...It's only to generate self confidence among the people, who are feeling demoralised due to rising corruption", Advani said here while addressing a rally.
    Alleging that the Centre was doing nothing on the issue of corruption, he said that whenever corruption cases have come to the fore it through CAG of PAC but not by the government.

Hailing PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi for exposing the 2G scam, Advani said his objective was to ensure that blackmoney stashed away in foreign banks came back to the country so that all villages have facilities ofBijli, Sadak and Paani (electricity, road and water)."

"The country lost confidence due to 2G spectrum and CWG scams and government's inaction in corruption issues and my yatra's lone objective is to bring it back", he said.

Noting that the main reason behind price rise was blackmoney, he said if the money was brought back, there would be no problems in initiating developmental schemes for the poor.

Advani, who also flagged off party leader Kalraj Mishra's Jan Swabhiman Yatra from here, said his ongoign yatra got encouraging response in Bihar.

Senior party leaders Kalraj Mishra, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti, party state president Surya Pratap Shahi also addressed the gathering.
    Earlier, Advani visited Vishwanath temple and paid obeisance there.

11. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

When he come on top of the bus i laughed :lol: the scene from gladiator when they're brought up for the final battle whisked my mind.

12. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Yatra against corruption? My a$$! :laugh:

Cash-for-coverage scandal takes the fizz out of Advani's yatra