Adelaide school warns even non-Muslim teachers to wear hijab

Blackwater

Adelaide school warns even non-Muslim teachers to wear hijab or face sack

An Islamic school in Adelaide has warned its teachers, including non-Muslim, to wear the hijab during school functions and outings or they could be sacked.

Furious debate has erupted, with many people raged over what they called was double standards in the school's stance, claiming the ruling is religious discrimination.

According to telegraph.com.au, there have also been repeated calls for an end to any government funding to the school.

Up to 20 non-Muslim female teachers, who do not wish to be named, have been told they will be sacked from the Islamic College of South Australia's West Croydon campus after three warnings if they do not wear a headscarf to cover their hair, the report said.

If a female Muslim teacher working at a non-Muslim school was ordered to stop wearing her hijab at school functions and outings then that school board and principal would be before the Anti-Discrimination Commission before you could say 'hypocrisy', wrote 'Sir Loin of Lamb'.

Many readers asked whether it was appropriate for non-Muslims to wear the religious garb.

According to the report, Concerned Citizen of Aberfoyle Park wrote that the warning was blatant discrimination against a non-Muslim's beliefs to force them to wear an Islamic religious garment.

JaneAd of Adelaide said that 'the hijab is a highly visible outward sign of one's faith. What is the point of forcing non-Muslims to wear it?

Mike of Australia of Brisbane added that 'the wearing of scarves in Muslim countries differs from country to country. There is no standard. Why should the teachers be made to wear a scarf if they are not Muslim?'

Adelaide school warns even non-Muslim teachers to wear hijab or face sack - Indian Express

Blackwater

why would a non-muslim work in muslim school.????????????:confused::confused::confused:

datguy79

why would a non-muslim work in muslim school.????????????:confused::confused::confused:
Because in the west teachers are not guaranteed a job straight out of teaching school, so you have to take what is available. Getting a full time gig will probably take a few years of part time and substitute teaching. I know in my area there is zero growth rate for teaching positions, so you have to wait for the odd chance someone retires.

Blackwater

Because in the west teachers are not guaranteed a job straight out of teaching school, so you have to take what is available. Getting a full time gig will probably take a few years of part time and substitute teaching. I know in my area there is zero growth rate for teaching positions, so you have to wait for the odd chance someone retires.
I prefer to clean public toilets and eat free langer in gurudawara till i find good job than working in muslim school:sad::sad::sad::p

Novice

They have all gone insane.. Like some kind of solar or some other alignment causing them to go rogue and suicidal. Har jagah apni kabra khod rahe hai.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles