ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scatterStorm

Country flag
HAL to deliver three Tejas planes by month-end

The count of planes in the IAF’s first Tejas squadron will increase to nine from six.
Updated: Mar 16, 2018 23:11:56

By HT Correspondent

Indian Air Force's Light Combat aircraft Tejas takes off during the inauguration of the 11th biennial edition of AERO INDIA 2017 at Yelahanka Air base in Bengaluru. (PTI file photo)
Plane maker Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) said it plans to deliver three more light combat aircraft to the Indian Air Force (IAF) by the end of March, taking the count of planes in the IAF’s first Tejas squadron from six to nine.

“With increased level of outsourcing and capacity augmentation within HAL, we will be able to speed up the deliveries to cater to the present and future requirements,” said an HAL official, who did not wish to be identified.

HT reported on Friday that LCA production woes had led to disenchantment and frustration in the IAF that has ordered 123 such planes and plans to order 201 more upgraded variants to arrest a sharp decline in its combat capabilities. Schedules get disturbed due to modifications made (in the platform) from time to time, the person quoted above said.

The IAF is nearing 1,000 sorties after formation of 45 Squadron in July 2016. It is significant in the LCA programme,” the official added.

“HAL is working on ramping up the production capacity from eight to 16 aircraft per annum from 2019 as agreed with the IAF.” He said major sub-assemblies, including front fuselage, centre fuselage, rear fuselage and wings, had been outsourced to private industry.

The government is aware about IAF’s concerns about the Tejas production rate. On March 3, defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman said HAL had been asked to scale up the Tejas production rate and deliver the upgraded Mk-II version at the earliest.

----------
* 1000 sorties with 6 aircrafts is a great achievement of No. 45 squadron. :hail::india:
Indeed though with just 6 aircraft and no major crash (Touchwood)... that's not benchmark setting but still a good number. Nevertheless, what's the benchmark sortie rate, compared to other jet's of it's class?

May tejas live long and prosper!

scatterStorm

Country flag
Oh man i so badly want this baby to go up against the Singaporean's F16's someday, during friendly training exercises. Would give a lot of insights into the advantages of our bird and the improvements needed. Just being hopeful honestly. :biggrin2:
There's a saying, when you are out for a spin, always count your blessing and always tell the devil... not today.
Now I appreciate you enthusiasm, but If I were a pilot and I detected a +9G capable fighter jet, touted as the "pure energy" fighter, which it is, I would make my jet run like pants on fire to gain as much distance from the jet which has a thrust to weight ratio of 1.095, not to mention avoiding dubious mistakes like tight turns to counter merge because "god damn sustained turn rates", and oh the mother load of all mistake... taking on F16 at vertical climb. :yo:

Thankfully, Tejas is build upon the fight characteristics of Mirage, a capable fighter till this date today, in fact a mirage can out run an F16 provided, its out of it's no escape zone of any BVR missile, and takes restrictive dive turns to outmanoeuvre radar lock and avoid energy loss or lit up its engines at 80% max to reach home.
Besides there's always a possibility of me ejecting out :hehe:

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
any update on Python integration guys ....

it's also part of foc Na.....

latest I got...that ..Py5 issue being fixed
and we r not opting for asraam

source ..brf..

guys if u have more info please share
,guys if possible ask Tejas LCA fb page admin ...

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
I heard the FOC is due mid of May. Not a reliable source just a hear say. Is it true ?

G10

Country flag
Tejas gun testing in ground.....old video.....but still eye catching
Still no aerial tests. I think the recoil force values must be high for light weight aircraft stability in flight. Hope they would be able to fix this.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Guys there is lot of negative propaganda against LCA Tejas and Rafale by Indians themselves.
Some are even saying this is all congress effort and BJP is just taking advantage of it.
I know politics should be kept aside in defence but the corrupt Khangress had a genuine hand in slowing down this project.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
That is, in less than 2 years with 4 SP on average all IOC level with usual teething problems.

Speaks volumes about Tejas's serviceability, availability and Turn-around time.

I haven't forgotten some Journalists claiming that Tejas takes 3 days between two test flights and Tejas critiques jumping like Bitches over it.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
That is, in less than 2 years with 4 SP on average all IOC level with usual teething problems.

Speaks volumes about Tejas's serviceability, availability and Turn-around time.

I haven't forgotten some Journalists claiming that Tejas takes 3 days between two test flights and Tejas critiques jumping like Bitches over it.
Rahul ji help a little the Rafale scam thing is blowing up like wildfire and some stooges are berating tejas too

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Guys there is lot of negative propaganda against LCA Tejas and Rafale by Indians themselves.
Some are even saying this is all congress effort and BJP is just taking advantage of it.
What Congress did in Rafale was wasting 4 years just on the table thereby creating serious dents in Indo-French relations. In contrast, Modi, not only rescued Indo-French relations but also got a security pact which will start bearing it's fruits soon enough. Safaranized Kaveri for Tejas MK-2 is icing on the cake.

Entire Tejas program on death bed until Monaohar Parriker cut the deal between IAF and developers in form of MK-1A. And it is MK-1A which has actually rescued MK-2. Thereby not only saved billions of dollars --which would have gone outside the country if SEF had succeeded-- but also laying the foundation for galvanizing Combat Jet industry in India.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Rahul ji help a little the Rafale scam thing is blowing up like wildfire and some stooges are berating tejas too
Master Xi is desperate to get details of the Indo-French security pact. And its stooges in our country are working hard to please him.

But don't worry. 'Bhakts' are consolidating themselves.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Tejas in Strike configuration.

24131561_1585275084900267_8591138748174986566_n.jpg

Unmistaken is the presence of Litening Pod, despite no LBG.

Tejas (probably) uses Litening Pod for generating targetting cues for unguided bombs in CCIP-Auto mode. Thereby making targetting with these bombs far accurate than they usually are. CCIP-Auto also eradicates the need for a sharp dive for aiming and accurately hitting a target.

CCIP = Constatly Computed Impact Point.

Tejas's Litening Pod in CCD mode.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Sancho

As far as ADA is concerned. Well, they are not any Tom, Dick and Harry. That is why they were doing this(see pic) wrt Strike Missions.

Try a microscope to find any Drop Tanks on inner-board stations. Beloved ADA is proving wrong again, but you!

View attachment 23888
:pound::pound::pound:

Another impressive show that you have not even a little clue of what you are talking. Lol

I thought your confusion of dumb and smart bombs was funny, but this is hilarious man!

You don't even have to zoom into the picture to see, that the WVR missiles on the external stations were replaced by different pylons, because they are clearly visible with their red painting! And if you would zoom in / or have any clue, you would know that they have cameras attached to it, which are recording the drop tests of these dumb bombs, because...

and here is another lesson for you...

...this is no operational mission config for IAF, but a weapon test config, to flight and launch test of weapons!

That's why it doesn't carry any missiles or drop tanks, like they would in any mission configuration for war times.

Weapon drop test:
[/IMG]

No drop tanks, camaras on pylon

VS

Real strike mission config for LCA, :

2 x fuel tanks
2 x 1000lb LGBs
2 x WVR missiles

And here are some test flight's, for real mission configs, with cameras to record the tests:

2 x fuel tanks
2 x 500lb dumb bomb
1 x WVR missiles
1 x camera pylon

2 x fuel tanks
2 x 500lb LGBs
1 x WVR missiles
1 x camera pylon

Now in war times, the camera pylon would be replaced by an SPJ, or if ADA can develop and integrste it, twin rack with SPJ and WVR missile, as I already explained.

But thx, after a hard work day, laughing like this was exactly what I needed. :biggrin2:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
:pound::pound::pound:

Another impressive show that you have not even a little clue of what you are talking. Lol

I thought your confusion of dumb and smart bombs was funny, but this is hilarious man!

You don't even have to zoom into the picture to see, that the WVR missiles on the external stations were replaced by different pylons, because they are clearly visible with their red painting! And if you would zoom in / or have any clue, you would know that they have cameras attached to it, which are recording the drop tests of these dumb bombs, because...

and here is another lesson for you...

...this is no operational mission config for IAF, but a weapon test config, to flight and launch test of weapons!

That's why it doesn't carry any missiles or drop tanks, like they would in any mission configuration for war times.

Weapon drop test:
[/IMG]

No drop tanks, camaras on pylon

VS

Real strike mission config for LCA, :

2 x fuel tanks
2 x 1000lb LGBs
2 x WVR missiles

And here are some test flight's, for real mission configs, with cameras to record the tests:

2 x fuel tanks
2 x 500lb dumb bomb
1 x WVR missiles
1 x camera pylon

2 x fuel tanks
2 x 500lb LGBs
1 x WVR missiles
1 x camera pylon

Now in war times, the camera pylon would be replaced by an SPJ, or if ADA can develop and integrste it, twin rack with SPJ and WVR missile, as I already explained.

But thx, after a hard work day, laughing like this was exactly what I needed. :biggrin2:
If an idiot chooses to stay an idiot. Who can help? At least I won't try to change that anymore. It is actually harder than making a pig sing.

Anyways

'Swing Role' capability wrt. to Tejas and its combat load configuration for such a mission. As spoken by Cmdr(retd) Balaji; the horse's mouth for anything related to Tejas. Did he mentioned A2G weapons on innerboard. Sure he did at 6:25

Just tune to 6:14 onwards. Enjoy!

And yes, thank you. I have had a fantastic day, full of amusement and laughter. Sorry, that your work turned out to be just a peanut. Anyway, I enjoyed what I enjoy best.

Another case is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles