ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Hal does not want to manufacture LCA & is doing everything to sabotage it. Hal has messed up or delayed LCA, IJT, Rustom, LUH, HTT-40, Saras, LCH. That is to say almost everything.
How they messed HTT40 which is running ahead schedule, how they delayed LCH and LUH, how they delayed RUSTOM when it is taken up by drdo ADE, Saras too is taken up by ADE, how they delayed that, and how they delayed IJT, they aren't even testing it anymore.... And in context to LCA, HAL didn't picked it in first place back in 1983, the reason for ADA came to life. And now LCA is the strongest way to survive for HAL else its workers will soon out of work.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
How they messed HTT40 which is running ahead schedule, how they delayed LCH and LUH, how they delayed RUSTOM when it is taken up by drdo ADE, Saras too is taken up by ADE, how they delayed that, and how they delayed IJT, they aren't even testing it anymore.... And in context to LCA, HAL didn't picked it in first place back in 1983, the reason for ADA came to life. And now LCA is the strongest way to survive for HAL else its workers will soon out of work.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk
I think they want HTFE and HTSE to be delivered first

WolfPack86

Country flag
Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have not shifted anything from Rafale thread, I rather copy the post then move them entirely ..

FOC by mid-2018, Realistically by December 2018.

Kunal Biswas where is my photos of Rafale fighter that I posted on Know your rafale page no 272 did you shifted my entire photos then please give a me link of page that you shifted to a particular thread.
When will Tejas will attain FOC ?.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Guys presenting the 1st line up image of Tejas from Nal Airbase of Bikaner. Photo by multi talented @Deb_rana
No.45 'Flying Daggers' Squadron has already flown more than 600 sorties in just over a 14 months, with the 5th Tejas (SP6) having been delivered at the end of July 2017 only. For the first 4 months from July 2016, they had just 2 Series Production jets with more getting progressively added at 3 month intervals. So, for most part of the year, they've used 3 to 4 Tejas Mk1s and still managed an impressive number of sorties. Speaks well for the availability of the small fleet.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
These things are foldable! Is the dorsal fin foldable too?

========

Mod note : Copyright photos, don`t make changes on it ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Yes, these are fold-able and controlled by fly by wire computer ..

the compound delta's vortex generation observed , The F-16 XL too depends upon the same vortex generation effect as i explained above,

in Fig. 6 for angle of attack a = 13° and 18° . A fairly good comparison is observed. The vortical flow field captured in calculations is presented in Fig. 7. The particle traces illustrate the detailed structure of the rolled-up vortices.It is seen that the leading edge vortices are strengthenedas the flow develops progressively away from the leading-edge of the wing
The wing has three snaps how the lesser angle of the wing leading edge near wing root a unique vortex generating feature ..

=============

Can you please put light on Tejas wing design, thanks ..

@ersakthivel

These things are foldable! Is the dorsal fin foldable too?

========

Mod note : Copyright photos, don`t make changes on it ..

torque456

Can someone tell me what are those led strip like setup running at the top of the cockpit?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
HAL, hindustan aeronautics limited-Composites Manufacturing Division,Composite components for Light Combat Aircraft (LCA)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Composites Manufacturing Division has successfully manufactured and produced state of the art Primary Structural Components for Tejas (LCA) using advanced composites materials. A few examples are control surfaces using co-cured construction, fuselage doors, hatches using sandwich and monolithic construction and large wing skin panels / airbrake skins. CMD has specialized in manufacture of Carbon fibre Composites (CFC) wing assembly details parts consisting of a number of CFC spars, monolithic skin panels etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More reading-->Composites

India got Mastery in composite technology, LCA is among the top fighters, which uses highest % of composite

NAL stall at aero India 2015 , showing their composite material,

Use Of Composites In India's Aircraft Programs - SARAS & LCA Tejas - AA Me, IN

==============

This is from 2015 ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Firing of Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile with radar guidance already has been achieved but it will require further testing to meet FOC Standards.

Close Combat Missile (Python-5 ) testing is pending due to delays in carrying out modification required by OEM (Israel) for integration into LCA-Tejas for trials.

Flight testing of Tejas with an air-to-air-refueling probe is progressing well, IFR trials are mandatory requirements which need to be cleared for granting of FOC Certifications .

Canon Gun trials of LCA-Tejas has been carried out in Ground based trials before in flight based trials could begin, but due to bad wheater at weapons testing site and due to other reasons, it is has been kept pending but testing will be completed in next few months. Other Air-to-ground weapon trials have been largely completed.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Firing of Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile with radar guidance already has been achieved but it will require further testing to meet FOC Standards.

Close Combat Missile (Python-5 ) testing is pending due to delays in carrying out modification required by OEM (Israel) for integration into LCA-Tejas for trials.

Flight testing of Tejas with an air-to-air-refueling probe is progressing well, IFR trials are mandatory requirements which need to be cleared for granting of FOC Certifications .

Canon Gun trials of LCA-Tejas has been carried out in Ground based trials before in flight based trials could begin, but due to bad wheater at weapons testing site and due to other reasons, it is has been kept pending but testing will be completed in next few months. Other Air-to-ground weapon trials have been largely completed.
As per IR@BR, Gun firing trials are coming soon.

So, maybe this will be the first thing of all remaining will be accomplished.

Vibration issue with Python CCM at 0.9M is a serious concern.

Air to Air refueling is a long testing procedure and it will take many months. (It always takes time)

However, FOC can be given before actual refueling happens in Air.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles