ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

Country flag
HAL chief say that for planes to be delivered X years from now the metal cutting has to start NOW which means orders must be puka now.

That aside. Here is one more video that I post as a rebuttal
Absolutely nailed it. Highly appreciated. :india2: I am surprised IAF has not come up with a formal clarification / apology yet.
I think Air Marshal Bhadauria's Tejas flight is an act of showing displeasure against his colleagues as well as political messaging.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Absolutely nailed it. Highly appreciated. :india2: I am surprised IAF has not come up with a formal clarification / apology yet.
I think Air Marshal Bhadauria's Tejas flight is an act of showing displeasure against his colleagues as well as political messaging.
In a way, IAF never said Tejas to be below par on SEF. Its our media which came out with outrageous reporting. IAF just said that Tejas alone is not enough for Indian sky to fill up the gap. To a extent they were right. Now it depends on HAL and ADA to churn out Mk2 along with possible future development to take care of depleting strength.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
In a way, IAF never said Tejas to be below par on SEF. Its our media which came out with outrageous reporting. IAF just said that Tejas alone is not enough for Indian sky to fill up the gap. To a extent they were right. Now it depends on HAL and ADA to churn out Mk2 along with possible future development to take care of depleting strength.
The same thing was said several times over in the past few years. Even Parrikar told this. If Mk1 was enough, MK2 would not have been designed

Ashish Jena

This is height of IAF's corruption.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Problems with Tejas is
- It's not fully matured
- Not enough orders
- Bad production timeframe
- we need is new approach to make them like better production line i.e like F-35

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Problems with Tejas is
- It's not fully matured
- Not enough orders
- we need is new approach to make them like better production line i.e like F-35

It needs time to develop. Time under UPA is wasteful. So, time is needed to mature. Also, design mistakes of making Tejas too small is costing time to redesign it to MK2A to be fit for mass production.

This is something that needs patience. Saying the same thing everyday makes no sense. So, sit tight and patiently for a few years, may be till 2022-23

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Problems with Tejas is
- It's not fully matured
- Not enough orders

You answered your questions.
Better production rate require a healthy number of order like f-35.. compare the order book. Right now HAL is providing better production rate than F-35 (compare all aspects).

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
You answered your questions.
Better production rate require a healthy number of order like f-35.. compare the order book. Right now HAL is providing better production rate than F-35 (compare all aspects).
If you have better production rate like 20-30 planes each year
Govt will force iaf to buy more to replace junk

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

Why are you in a hurry? Wait for a few years. Not everything happens immediately. If you were really concerned, you must have shown that during UPA time. Technology is knowledge based activity and takes several years and decades. Tejas is less capable as of now and more needs to be dome to make it more capable. 5 years is needed at the least

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

HAL won't walk in opposite directions..
HAL can easily rampup the production rate but they need healthy numbers in their order book which is still not available. Right now they are producing LCAs with a very good rate (comparable with firm orders placed) and still preparing one more production line with unfirmed 83 mk1a order (contract is not yet signed).

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag

सक्षम भारत : आधार में अर्जुन, मुश्किल में तेजस ! (18/11/2017)

Do not miss it even if you do not understand hindi as much of the program is in English
They discussing on the basis of alleged report, and old facts.....

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Kay

Country flag

rohit b3

Country flag

सक्षम भारत : आधार में अर्जुन, मुश्किल में तेजस ! (18/11/2017)

Do not miss it even if you do not understand hindi as much of the program is in English
The moment that weird old man said that the world's Lightest 4.5th/4th generation fighter is "overweight", i decided to stop watching. But then i continued anyways, till he said that the Tejas mk2 will be somewhere in the vicinity of the Mirage2000.
Closed the video right away. lol

rohit b3

Country flag
The only thing i agree is the rate of delivery.
HAL Chief - We are enhancing the capacity to 16 per year from 2019.
Also HAL Chief : We will complete the 20 FOC Tejas deliveries by 2022.
What the hell is wrong with everyone??!?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Let's suppose, if HAL delivered all 40 (IOC + FOC) LCAs by 2020 and production of MK1A will be scheduled for 2022 (as it is continuously getting delayed because of FOC delay). Now tell me, what to do with all human resources who don't have anything to do for almost 2 years?

Practically, they can start its 3rd production in 2019 but they will not start the production untill or unless MK1A will not get finalised.

It is the official words of HAL Chris that if they start metal cutting today than first MK1A will be available after 3 years. He also said that LCA will get FOC by mid 2018 or Dec 2018 for sure.after 2018 you may count 3 years for first MK1A, only if IAF sign the contract by the end of 2018 or early 2019.

We need an urgent change in policies, if GoI/MoD likes to see LCAs in IAF in healthy numbers.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Nothing wrong............. HAL would complete delivery of 20 FOC by 2021 end only. So estimating it to be by 2022 is assumption on safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles