ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra

Country flag
Procedure to integrate AESA Radar on LCA Tejas to be initiated soon.
:biggrin2:
It seems Israeli EL/M 2054 for Tejas is fully scrapped, and DRDO will go for Indigenous AAAU/ Uttam AESA Radar in our LCA. Once done, LCA will have 20 sorties in Air to Air Mode as well as 180 sorties in Air to Ground & Air to Sea Modes respectively with each sortie lasting for approx 1 hour.
View attachment 17959
:dude:

---> http://www.iai.co.il/2013/36559-43348-en/ELTA - Systems by Product Lines.aspx

....... The ELM-2054 system features modular, open architecture. It can be easily configured to a broad range of applications for small tactical UAVs, Tactical VTOL UAVs, Light Reconnaissance Aircraft to Tactical Aerostats.

SanjeevM

Country flag
I wish as soon as testing is done, we set up more production lines. If Uttam is also there, IAF and IN should increase the orders if they need to quickly prepare for 2 front war. With more orders at hands, HAL may increase production lines. I wish, TATA or L&T also take some of the production lines.

square

Strategic Issues
I don't know if anyone can help here but I'll ask. Will the Tejas Mk.1A have missile approach warning systems (MAWS)? If so, how come it's not in the RFQ for the EW system? Can a fighter operate effectively in air-to-air combat without a MAWS?
if i would say ' tejas is the most technically advance fighter jet with iaf today !!!

sbm

Country flag
DRDO already developed their own MAWS and is quite confident to use them on Tejas (version still not clear) and Su-30MKI (upgrade)
I know they are working on it - and were working on it for Tejas and it is intended to include it for Su-30MKI upgrade. However, I do not know its status or if it has been flight tested. Does anyone have the full pdf (with annexures) for the HAL RFQ for EW systems for Tejas Mk.1 A?

abingdonboy

Country flag
I will have my ass spanked and whipped if I declare the source, anyways, you can trust it with my life that the info is fully genuine.
The Uttam won't be ready before the Mk.1A enters service, if HAL goes down this road then they will have to push back MK.1A deliveries by 2-3 years at least.

square

Strategic Issues
The Uttam won't be ready before the Mk.1A enters service, if HAL goes down this road then they will have to push back MK.1A deliveries by 2-3 years at least.
drdo chief had talk in detail about uttam radar ,........its ready !
in the interview he mention a range of 120km....that could be more in reality i guess......anyway according to media reports mmrca tender radar range was 130km.....not bad if we are getting that close in our own radar .....

CuriousBen

Tihar Jail
Banned
On a different thread .. I had seen Cmdr Balaji mention in one of news interview that tejas is "much better" than the mirage 2000.

Of what was mentioned , the maintenance was pretty fast - for e.g. it takes 45 minutes to replace the engine. also that tejas has achieved 26 degree angle of attack, Plus higher thrust to weight ration.

1. Could experts here explain key parameters which make lca tejas better than mirage 2000.

2. Lets assume in current scenario - tejas is pitted against f-16 or mirage 2000 in a dogfight, would tejas be able to achieve win over them ? .. kindly consider the assumption that experienced fighter pilots are flying all these jets.

abingdonboy

Country flag
drdo chief had talk in detail about uttam radar ,........its ready !
in the interview he mention a range of 120km....that could be more in reality i guess......anyway according to media reports mmrca tender radar range was 130km.....not bad if we are getting that close in our own radar .....
It's ready.....for flight testing (on board a fighter), doesn't mean it is ready to be operationalised, that is still 3-4 (if not 5) years away.

As I say, IF HAL make the call to have Uttam on MK.1A from outset, this will delay MK.1A by 3-4 years.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The most sensible thing HAL could do is to buy a small batch of EL/M-2052s off the shelf for the first tranche of Mk.1As whilst working to operationalise the Uttam with DRDO at the same time.

Going for an untested and unproven system is going to leave the door open to more heartache and unfair criticism of the LCA, HAL need to understand that the priority is getting as many LCAs in IAF hands as possible now, not making the ultimate Indian fighter.

square

Strategic Issues
by when can it be expected to be tested and integrated ?
derby has resently fired from tejas , and it had been stated that tejas now belong to HAL......means drdo , ada has finished their work.....

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
by when can it be expected to be tested and integrated ?
DRDO/DARE's MAWS already tested and installed on AEW&CS.
Now they are fine tune their capabilities.
in latest , DARE is engaged in testing of Dual Colour IR MAWS on Su-30 MKI aircraft.

Reactions: sbm

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
derby has resently fired from tejas , and it had been stated that tejas now belong to HAL......means drdo , ada has finished their work.....
Actually, they finished up MK1 but further there is a long way to go for mk1a and mk2

sthf

Country flag
No Indian fighters except the upgraded M2Ks have MAWS right now.
Are you sure? I thought that all front line fighters have been or are in the process of being equipped with DARE MAWS.

sbm

Country flag
Unfortunately not. Adding on a MAWS isn't easy with an existing aircraft It is contemplated for the Su-30MKI upgrade. The DCMAWS DARE planned for the Su-30MKI is a pylon system and one hope Tejas can get it too.

square

Strategic Issues
I don't know if anyone can help here but I'll ask. Will the Tejas Mk.1A have missile approach warning systems (MAWS)? If so, how come it's not in the RFQ for the EW system? Can a fighter operate effectively in air-to-air combat without a MAWS?
Unfortunately not. Adding on a MAWS isn't easy with an existing aircraft It is contemplated for the Su-30MKI upgrade. The DCMAWS DARE planned for the Su-30MKI is a pylon system and one hope Tejas can get it too.
if you had already makeup you mind , then whats the fun in asking question !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles