ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbm

Country flag
Why are MAWS (Missile Alert Warning Systems) not being fitted to the Mk.1A? I have to confess that the RFQ for the EW system leaves me confused.

abingdonboy

Country flag

GiantWithFeetOfClay

What happened to talk of Hellenic Air Force selling their Mirages to IAF?
You want to buy only 20 Mirage-2000B/C and upgrade them to 2000-5 Μκ2 standard? It's crazy.. We are talking about 30 years old planes with many "flying hours" since they had been in actual dogfight almost every day!
They can be used only for spare parts now..
We use them as "naval air force" because they can launch AM-39 Exocet anti-ship missiles in "narrow sea"..

We also have 25 Mirage-2000-5 for "long-range strategic attack" with SCALP-EG cruise missiles but we can't sell them until we buy F-35s certified to launch SCALP-EG.. If we ever buy F-35 since we are broke! :biggrin2:

To be honest I never liked the Mirage-2000. It has short combat range (without external fuel tanks) and small combat load.. The only reason to buy Mirage-2000 is the SCALP-EG cruise missile or the nuclear capable ASMP..

In my opinion the best "lightweight fighter" is the Swedish JAS-39 Grippen because it has the lowest price and operational cost..
It is just as maneuverable as the Mirage-2000, MiG-29 or F-16 and it needs a little technical maintenance..
I mean the Swedish technicians can change the engine in 20 minutes in a highway strip!
Of course it can be equipped with AESA radar and modern weapons.. It is supposed to intercept Russian Flankers..
Brazil replaced Mirage-2000s with JAS-39s and transferred almost 80% of the production line/technology of the fighter!
The Swedish offer their technology to compete with the other aviation manufacturers..

I am not supporter of the Deep Battle Operations and other Cold War era doctrines where quantity is preferable to quality.
I realise that India is huge country and has to fight across a line on many kilometers..
Nonetheless I believe that India should not waste money supporting a huge number of cheap "light" fighters with limited capabilities.
India should save the money and invest them in a "heavier" fighter similar to JAS-39..
The light fighter should be able to carry advanced long range air-to-air missiles (eg Meteor Mk2), long-range cruise missiles and long range anti-ship missiles.. Just as a "heavy" fighter..

The Germans lost the WW2 in the air because they produced many cheap BF-109 instead of more expensive and capable FW-190 just to be able to support all the fronts typically..
The Soviets lost the Cold War because they produced huge numbers of fighters that could not support after some point..
The Arabs lost the wars with Israel because they had a large number of cheap soviet fighters with limited capabilities..
Do not do the same mistake!

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

Efforts for further indigenisation of LCA underway

G Satheesh Reddy, scientific advisor, Ministry of Defence has said that “Indigenisation is a strategic requirement. Strong defence research & development and manufacturing will help the country meet its upgrade requirements. India cannot depend on other nations for long for supply of defence equipment, tools and products. Indigenisation can provide 30 per cent savings for the nation.”

The Centre has made a beginning by identifying 68 parts of light combat aircraft (LCA) that can be indigenised and of which seven parts had been indigenised already.

“With Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) we have identified 68 parts for Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) which could be outsourced and done successfully,” he said and stressed on “dedicated, mission mode approach towards indigenisation”.

sbm

Country flag
I don't know if anyone can help here but I'll ask. Will the Tejas Mk.1A have missile approach warning systems (MAWS)? If so, how come it's not in the RFQ for the EW system? Can a fighter operate effectively in air-to-air combat without a MAWS?

NeXoft007

Country flag
Procedure to integrate AESA Radar on LCA Tejas to be initiated soon.
:biggrin2:
It seems Israeli EL/M 2054 for Tejas is fully scrapped, and DRDO will go for Indigenous AAAU/ Uttam AESA Radar in our LCA. Once done, LCA will have 20 sorties in Air to Air Mode as well as 180 sorties in Air to Ground & Air to Sea Modes respectively with each sortie lasting for approx 1 hour.
IMG_20170720_201621.jpg

sthf

Country flag
I don't know if anyone can help here but I'll ask. Will the Tejas Mk.1A have missile approach warning systems (MAWS)? If so, how come it's not in the RFQ for the EW system? Can a fighter operate effectively in air-to-air combat without a MAWS?
Not sure about the first or second but no pilot in his right mind would like to fly a fighter without MAWS.

kunal1123

Country flag
It seems Israeli EL/M 2054 for Tejas is fully scrapped, and DRDO will go for Indigenous AAAU/ Uttam AESA Radar in our LCA. Once done, LCA will have 20 sorties in Air to Air Mode as well as 180 sorties in Air to Ground & Air to Sea Modes respectively with each sortie lasting for approx 1 hour.
View attachment 17959
awesome news in how much time we can expect.
20+180+180 mean total 380 to 400 stories , integration with missile (bvr ,wvr) included(in my knowledge it must be )

Indibomber

View attachment 17959
Have we been able to reduce the weight, Indian version was 40Kg heavier than Israeli versions.

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 17959
Are you talking for MK.1A, no foreign AESA but UTTAM from the outset???

sbm

Country flag
Not sure about the first or second but no pilot in his right mind would like to fly a fighter without MAWS.
No Indian fighters except the upgraded M2Ks have MAWS right now.

sbm

Country flag
View attachment 17959
Wasn't the RFQ not only to Israel but several other companies?

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
View attachment 17959
So total 200 sorties means 200 flying hours.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
View attachment 17959
Source? ????????? ??????????????????

NeXoft007

Country flag
awesome news in how much time we can expect.
20+180+180 mean total 380 to 400 stories , integration with missile (bvr ,wvr) included(in my knowledge it must be )
No, the air to ground and air to sea sorties together is 180, and not seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles