ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbm

Country flag
So in other words, IOC aircraft (existing SP variants) will correct 29 of 53 shortfalls? BTW - how will it cope without internal SPJ? External pod?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Last 2 orders of LCA's are to be delivered with IFR system & SPJ pod ( 20 FOC + 83 MK1A) under SoP-18.
Later, remaining 20 IOC Tejas will be upgraded to FOC std during their overhaul (schedule for Upgrade is not declared)

I request you to wait. Later I'll share the SoP-18 terms in details

sbm

Country flag
Fantastic. I appreciate it. I am suffering from a migraine after the encounter with Sumit Ganguly who hijacked a facebook discussion on the collapse of Latin American air power.

Chinmoy

Country flag
IDRW can not be treated as a credible source.
Don't take it seriously.
Can't say about the article. But the sketch is something which has been on board for long. I think in this very thread I had once said that I would not be surprised to see AMCA to be a twin engine Tejas with advance feature. Although as per new design concept it has undergone a tremendous change, but this is not the only time when I have seen this sketch or discussed it.

Kay

Country flag
Can't say about the article. But the sketch is something which has been on board for long. I think in this very thread I had once said that I would not be surprised to see AMCA to be a twin engine Tejas with advance feature. Although as per new design concept it has undergone a tremendous change, but this is not the only time when I have seen this sketch or discussed it.
If it really was considered and later rejected, the designers would be the ones to blame. IAF has every right to reject a plane without a tail.

WolfPack86

Country flag
A insider in government decision making says the following
  • All Mig 21 will be replaced by LCA versions
  • All Mig27, Jaguars and eventually Mig29 UPG will be replaced by Rafale and Rafale Next program where India will participate.
  • No serious chatter ot talks for any other single engined jets.
  • Indigenous program will be focussed much more.. LCA will be given far more focus in coming timeline.. and also Unmanned Programs.
  • AMCA focus will be far more gradual. AMCA and Rafale Next program may be synchronised or even Jointly Developed or a jet which both will use from a parent system as per custom requirements.
Will await for more news on the ground to take it forward.

Edit- decision on jags and 29UPG will happen by 2022-25 timeline with Jag replacement firmed up asap and towards the end of production UPG replacement coming in..
Note: Above statements written by Parikrama an Indian Defence Forum Member talking about next generation Rafale to India and all mig 21 will be replace with LCA
I am posting link below
http://*****************/threads/rafale-deal-signed.56201/page-312

Chinmoy

Country flag
If it really was considered and later rejected, the designers would be the ones to blame. IAF has every right to reject a plane without a tail.
You mean Tail Fin???

Its not about tail fin, its about the idea to develop one MRCA based on Tejas.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
40% by value(approx) and 25% of components(by number) are imported.Not much different from Su-30 MKI,except that we hold IP for Tejas unlike Su-30 MKI

Yes, and dependency on imported components will be reduced in further LCA variants.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Forgive me if my thinking is wrong. If car manufacturers/automobile makers can have automated assembly lines, once we have established the final variant, can we invest big way in such assembly line? Or is it an impossible task? If parts can be sourced from Indian private sector partners, I think such assembly lines that churns huge numbers is a possibility. Long back in discovery or other channel they showed the assembly line in the U.S. for a fighter jet. Believe me the complex was huge and many many fighter jets could be seen in that complex as far as eyes could reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles