ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I expect both AESA & EW Suit will go to same vendor.
Would be the simplest solution and given that I fully expect IAI EL/M-2052 to clinch the AESA deal I guess the EW suite will be Israeli too, no complaints from me. I'd rather avoid SAAB, IMHO their motives are suspect and it would benefit them immensly to kill off the LCA.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Most of the IAF's EW systems are Israeli (IAI) origin, Israelis are world class in EW.
We are using EW suites Jointly Developed with ELTA on various jets but now HAL wants more potent EW.

Below is the information about the AESA & EW tender:

India's state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has invited overseas bids for 80 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars and an equal number of electronic warfare (EW) suites to equip the locally developed Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Mk 1A variant.

HAL issued on 14 December a request for quotation (RFQ) for AESA radars to Israel Aerospace Industries/Elta (Israel), Raytheon (United States), Rosoboronexport (Russia), Saab (Sweden), and Thales (France), envisaging the purchase of 24 fully assembled systems and another eight in kit form for local assembly.

The remaining 48 radars, the RFQ stated, would be licence-built by HAL under a technology transfer.

Reactions: sbm

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I see lots of fact presented by many here which comes from Mr Sengupta but in real these are his opinions and not facts unless they are backed by official data, I will request all not to present his opinions as facts, I have been following his blog for almost a decade now ..

Though he has plenty of gud pictures ..

As per this report, "DARE has COMPLETELY FAILED to develop a desi integrated EW suite, despite 15 yrs of research".

http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2017/01/dissecting-rfqs-of-halardc-for-tejas.html

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
So how are those GE 414 test engines performing in India? Any idea people? Heard that they have a few quality issues to be sorted out?

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
When is the FOC scheduled ? Any Timelines?
What are the updates on LCA HAL version Upgrade?

tejas warrior

Country flag
Source - Indranil@BR

Let me help with some great news.

LRDE has issued an RFP for the modification of LCA SP1 aircraft to fit and test Uttam. The modifications will be done on LSP 2 and LSP 4. They foresee 20 sorties to test air-to-air mode (in phase 1) and 180 sorties to test air-to-sea mode (in phase 2). They are targeting to finish phase 1 in one year after signing the contract (most likely with HAL).

Flame Thrower

Source - Indranil@BR

LRDE has issued an RFP for the modification of LCA SP1 aircraft to fit and test Uttam. The modifications will be done on LSP 2 and LSP 4. They foresee 20 sorties to test air-to-air mode (in phase 1) and 180 sorties to test air-to-sea mode (in phase 2). They are targeting to finish phase 1 in one year after signing the contract (most likely with HAL).
Any link would be great.

I thought Uttam testing starts in 2019. This is really a great news

kunal1123

Country flag
Source - Indranil@BR

that is really great news if testing is even start by august-Sept means by end of 2019-2020 uttam will be ready for lca mk2 and AMCA( I HOPE .).....................................

tejas warrior

Country flag
KH-2015 is seen here on the final leg of a vertical loop. It has been the practices by the pilots and the crisp control law which has allowed the fly by wire machine to execute these complex vertical loops with minimum height.
We dedicate this image to all the scientists and engineers responsible in designing and realizing the control laws.

Jai Hind..

#LCA #Tejas_LCA

FB_IMG_1496075138227.jpg
FB_IMG_1496075108003.jpg

sbm

Country flag
Had a kind of migraine inducing encounter with Professor Sumit Ganguly. He's been trying to say IAF is a mess, collapsing, pilots flying coffins and that the Tejas, based on the CAG report is garbage. He's also trying to push F-16s. I have no issue with an F-16 push or even an F-35 push to India but not at the cost of Tejas. Anyone can rebut the CAG report more thoroughly? Lack of internal SPJ, instantaneous turn rate/ sustained turn rate etc?

Reactions: Kay

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
In 2015 , CAG points out about 53 shortfalls in LCA mk1 like RWR, counter measures, increased weight, reduced internal fuel capacity, non-compliance of fuel system protection, pilot protection from front, reduced speed etc
Later most of the shortfalls are considered for IOC variant , some for Mk1A and all for MK2 (including structural changes)
IOC will also planned for FOC Upgrade

sbm

Country flag
"Later most of the shortfalls are considered for IOC variant"

Can you elaborate a little here?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
"Later most of the shortfalls are considered for IOC variant"

Can you elaborate a little here?
Typo mistake! Pardon.

Explanation:
About ~29 shortfalls (related with avionics and some s/w related issues) are considered for correction, for LCA mk1 (IOC VARIANT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles