ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xeaaex

Anyone have any idea why the ADA/NFTC opted to put their LCA test fleet into IAF (and IN) colours? It is usually the norm that test a/c remain in their own unique paint scheme, putting the LCA's test fleet into operational colours can only create confusion, they should have left them in the orginal colours:

Then it would be easier to discern an operational LCA and a test a/c.
White one looks cool, trust me , but even i wonder why they changed the aircraft colour.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Are
Actually problem lies here and HAL is working on it to make it happen.

Currently, final equiping is taking around 3 months which HAL targets to do in 45 days. > This is how they will reach production rate of 8/year.

And with 2 production lines, 16/yr is target.
Thank you for sharing such good news, I wanted to ask why doesn't HAL investing in cutting edge production line technology? I mean they can hire other firms who are selling cutting edge production line tech, who is good in creating automated production lines so that rollout of tejas becomes a bit fast. Cause manpower won't alone help to get the projected rollout.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Really disappointing, HAL seemed to have some momemtum but already they are slipping in meeting their own modest targets.
Remember we are doing it for the first time, so expect few problems, all we want is a good jet being rolled out. We don't want our tejas to take first-blood to fly. Later in the 2nd production line, I assume all lessons will be learn't and rollout will be much faster. HAL haven't disappointed us yet, 3 aircraft in flyby condition clocking more than required operational hours and the 4th one ready to follow the suite and finally 5th one being close to be rolled out. Personally, they are doing great job now all we need is cutting edge production line tech. Once that happens we won't have to rely on anybody else.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Are

Thank you for sharing such good news, I wanted to ask why doesn't HAL investing in cutting edge production line technology? I mean they can hire other firms who are selling cutting edge production line tech, who is good in creating automated production lines so that rollout of tejas becomes a bit fast. Cause manpower won't alone help to get the projected rollout.
HAL is moving more towards acting as a lead intergrator for the LCA, the majority of LRUs are now being made by private entities.

zebra7

Really disappointing, HAL seemed to have some momemtum but already they are slipping in meeting their own modest targets.
In the Initial stage, what is more important is the Quality than the Quantity. What is more important is the Airframe handed over to the IAF meet the ADA's Spec.. HAL have to streamline everything in the Line, and a small hiccups could cause a delay for month e.g I have worked in a production line, when I was Production supervisor there, and when I came to the factory in the morning shift came to know that the earlier night shift had some mishaps causing to the damage of one important part/component while assembling. Now that part have to be ordered, as no spare part was available in the store, causing the delay of 1 month atleast, because the supplier only manufacture as per our design on order. Another instance was when a our QA department put a Red Tag on a cotton tape, because one of my colleague (Was in my College in Mechanical Branch) declared that it don't have the specified strength, and for that part, there for no other supplier (because the second supplier was Black Listed) and for the Material department to authorized another supplier, there is a procedure to get another supplier in the Authorized supplier list, which takes some time.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
It should be Gun GSH-23. I have not seen this earlier either.

But don't understand why its hanging outside !!
Ofcourse it is gsh-23 cannon but the coveringis not painted yet that's why it is looking like this.
You may compare it with below image.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

It's the gun.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Abhishek Shrivastava

It's the gun.

------------------------------------------------------------------
But How, Is it qualified all the Parameters. Its meant to be for FOC for qualification of GUN and IFR.
It may be the placeholder for Gun.
But Gun can not go in the frame without fully qualified and tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles