ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Force

Country flag
You have to compromise on Mass and would have to undertake a massive structural change for that. Moreover it would increase the maintenance charge of the whole platform.
And I think that will be not possible because of size wise, " this will be like to fit LPG CYLINDER IN A SPACE OF KEROSENE STOVE."

Chinmoy

Country flag
And I think that will be not possible because of size wise, " this will be like to fit LPG CYLINDER IN A SPACE OF KEROSENE STOVE."
Yeah it is........ But by creating RADAR of that (KEROSENE STOVE) size too will not solve the purpose of implementing it in the air frame.
As far as my knowledge goes, only a few Russian designs have that facility.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

One can clearly see the difference in technology involved here. DERBY despite being a BVRAAM has a sleeker (may be lighter as well) and more compact launch rails than R-73's. Paython 5 also uses similar rails.

Presently, Astra MK-1 uses R-77's launch rails but after integration of Derby with LCA we might see switching to Israeli rails which will definitely save some weight.
Size of the pylon relates to launch stess, a BVR has a long way to go 7 can accelerate slowly to gain momentum, but a WVR has to instantly get the momentum with more severe launch stress leading to heavier pylon, just my thoughts, nothing else.

V_Force

Country flag
Yeah it is........ But by creating RADAR of that (KEROSENE STOVE) size too will not solve the purpose of implementing it in the air frame.
As far as my knowledge goes, only a few Russian designs have that facility.
Sh......shh....Sir Kindly reman silence till IAF inducts Tejas in numbers. Do not highlight another requirement otherwise IAF people/babus will raise one more requirement infront of HAL and ADA to be incorporated in tejas, which i think impossible in the fighter which was to be successor of Mig-21, and now after 20 or 25 years later and lots of patience, we are wishing to Tejas to perform better than the F-35, F-22 raptor, SU34 AND SU35.

:hail::facepalm:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Sh......shh....Sir Kindly reman silence till IAF inducts Tejas in numbers. Do not highlight another requirement otherwise IAF people/babus will raise one more requirement infront of HAL and ADA to be incorporated in tejas, which i think impossible in the fighter which was to be successor of Mig-21, and now after 20 or 25 years later and lots of patience, we are wishing to Tejas to perform better than the F-35, F-22 raptor, SU34 AND SU35.

:hail::facepalm:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Shape Memory Alloy, a advance technology used in Light combat aircraft LCA Tejas

Shape memory alloy is a very advance technology will be used for morphing capabilities. Sixth generation fighter aircraft will be made of this material.

India is progressing well in this technology. Good to see that counties most advance technology is going in LCA tejas

What is Shap Memory Alloy ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles