ABVP for CBI probe into killing of Assam youth

Oracle

PATNA, Aug 2 (IANS): The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ANVP) Thursday demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the killing of a youth from Assam in Bihar.

The body of Pritam Bhattacharjee, 25, was found near a railway station on the Barauni-Katihar route in Bhagalpur district last month.

"It appears that Bihar Police is concocting stories instead of finding the culprits. We request the state government to hand over the case to the CBI," Manoj Nikhra, ABVP leader from the northeast, said here.

The prime suspect in the case, Chattu Sahni, is absconding, a police official said.

Bhattacharjee went missing July 9 from Naugachia station in Bhagalpur, about 200 km from here. Police found his rucksack.

Bhattacharjee disappeared after he chased four youths who had snatched his bag containing his original educational certificates after the train stopped at Naugachia station.

Bhattacharjee, who is from Silchar in Assam, had reportedly told his mother on telephone that he was being tormented by the four on the Awadh-Assam Express.

Bhattacharjee, with a Master's degree in physics, was going to Delhi to appear for a PhD test.

Source

Oracle

I feel sorry for this guy. I knew him. Knew this incident a day after it happened, but was waiting for some newspaper to take it up. R.I.P.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It should be honestly investigated.

The police is rotten in every State.

I have seen it being discussed on many TV channels.

It is the most cruel and cold hearted approach by the police including the DGP of Bihar.

Oracle

Karimganj rally demands arrest of Pritam's killers
DEBASISH BANIK
BADARPUR, Aug 1 – A protest rally was taken out in Karimganj town recently demanding immediate arrest of Pritam Bhattacharyya's killers.

In the rally, teachers and students of various schools and colleges participated. They also submitted memorandums to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi through the Deputy Commissioner seeking his immediate intervention in the matter.

Later, talking to this correspondent Sankar Bhattacharyya, former principal of Silchar Women's College as well the father of Pritam said that they have no confidence on the Bihar Government and demanded a CBI inqury into the entire incident.

He said that Bihar Police began the investigation of Pritam's murder after there was protest in various parts of the country.

He also disclosed that the way the Bihar Police is investigating the case the culprits will never be arrested. He also urged Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi to take up the matter with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar so that proper investigation is done and the culprits are arrested.

According to Sankar Bhattacharyya, Pritam boarded the Avadh Assam Express for New Delhi on July 8. On July 9 at about 11 am he spoke to his mother from his mobile phone and stated that four persons were creating trouble in their compartment infront of the TTE. At 12.50 pm the train reached Naugachia Railway Station in Bihar and he again spoke to his mother. Suddenly two miscreants snatched his bag containing a digital camera and valuable documents and got down from the train. He too followed them and got down from the train at Naugachia Railway Station.

Till 3.10 pm Pritam was constantly in touch with his family members, his father said adding that thereafter his mobile phone was found switched off and no further contact could be made with him.

Thereafter, the family members lodged an FIR with the officer in-charge, GRP at Guwahati on July 10 who forwarded the same to GRP Naugachia. On July 12, the family members reached Naugachia and lodged an FIR there. They also met the SP Naugachia and informed him about the entire matter.

Bhattacharyya further alleged that the Bihar Police and GRP are suppressing the fact as they are allegedly in nexus with the criminals.

ani82v

Country flag
Arnab was raising this issue last month on Times Now. Issue failed to create ripples unfortunately.

Oracle

It should be honestly investigated.

The police is rotten in every State.
When trains pass through Bihar, their attitude is in open display. In normal sleeper compartments, they would push and shove you until you give them some space to sit. Even beat up passengers, pass lewd comments at women. I used to travel in AC, and even in AC they disturb passengers. The TTE is those trains are responsible too. I left traveling in trains because they pass through Bihar, it's risky, and also coz' I can afford other means.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Nobody wants to travel through Bihar on trains. And from what I've heard Bengali passenger are severely bullied by Biharis.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Couple of years back too similar incident haPpened in bihar where some assamese youth were harassed and in reaction to it many biharis were killed in assam.
Thanx bodos were this time busy settling scores with bengladeshi settlers nothing wrong happened.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nobody wants to travel through Bihar on trains. And from what I've heard Bengali passenger are severely bullied by Biharis.
Bihar and UP are hell holes.

I was travelling once from MP to UP and in UP since I did not open the door, the ruffians ripped up the door and barged in,

I reported the incident in Lucknow and was told Yeh to hotai hai!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles