AAP's Manifesto: Hits and Misses

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by RajeevKr, Apr 3, 2014.

1. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

AAP has come up with its manifesto, time to analyse the policy outlines and what's new it has to offer in terms of governance, economics policies,social,national security and foreign policies. Let's keep the discussion to policy interpretations, dissemination and thorough scrutiny.

3. ersakthivel

ersakthivel Senior Member Senior Member

If a party unveils a realistic manifesto it is supposed to have a decent chance of winning elections.

AAP is not going to win more than 5 seats, So they can promise anything they want , since they know they will never be held accountable for it.

SO it is just or academic purpose at the most.

Free Karma, Mad Indian and Neil like this.
  4. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Since AAP is a regional party and they can not form the govt on their own plus their negative performance in Delhi no one will trust their unrealistic populist and lofty manifesto :dude:

5. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

Maybe for people who think only BJP and Congress have a inherent right to rule, they may not like to read. I am open to ideas and policies which are radical to propel growth in real terms and this analysis is centred around if that. How many of these are practical, socially beneficial and acceptable is what the question is. You have a right to your perception, and since manifesto is more than a perception you can either debate it or just ignore it. A presumptuous mind is a hindrance to anything new, for you its end of AAP as you saw them only as an opposition to BJP. I would rather see them toiling hard to find its space based on its distinct identity and i am not happy with present method of political dispensation. Anyone who suggests a right step interests me and I would like to discuss it, if you choose not to, good luck.

rvjpheonix likes this.
  6. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

Did you even read it to conclude this? Everyone is held accountable to what they preach and practice, until you consider that AAP will run away from political space after parliamentary elections.

rvjpheonix and sayareakd like this.
  7. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

You are right that new approaches should be appreciated, but new approach does not mean eating through nose, like AAP is proposing , hope you get the meaning;). I would rather go with Modi's promises of minimal govt and maximal governance and growth- as it is a proven system of development

AAP's policies lean way too much to the left as if the leftist economics has not harmed India since independance

As Einstien said, "insanity is trying the same thing again and again and expecting different results"

ersakthivel likes this.
  8. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

Agree that its labour policies are left to centre and I support this. But even I am not for whole economic policy pointing left to centre. You have a right to your political choice and I am not here to disprove the same. I am trying to find any hits and misses , hits may help any government which is people centric, so this debate is mostly policy formulation driven and is not limited by party considerations.I found "No Contractualization of job" as a very relevant and adoptable in current scenario.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  9. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

The section in their manifesto is called: "Economy and ecology"!!

It is easy to realize the nefarious design of the jholachap lobby in AAP to block all types of economic progress.

Just read the table of contents to realize the sort of BS they are selling.

ersakthivel, Mad Indian and gokussj9 like this.
  10. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

I am surprised by your choice of words, is that you have a problem with the headings of sections or contents? Can you please be more specific as to content before you conclude with you observations, and if you have already concluded something even before you read, what's the point of you of your post?

11. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

Misses:
    1.Too much power vested to gram sabhas, without being suggestive of situations, scenarios under which it can be over-ruled. Does a gram Sabha has the sole power of veto to stop any project or can the consent be bought out by adequate compensation and including the community in growth cycle?
    2. What's the view of AAP wrt Nuclear energy, how are we going to feed our power hungry developing economy when we are poised for massive economic growth?

Hits:
    1. Suggestion wrt to judicial reforms and police reforms.
    2. Doubling the number of courts at sub-ordinate levels.
    3.Setting up of fast track courts at all levels.
    4. Simplifying procedures and making the appointment of judges transparent.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  12. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

It shows they are sold out to NGOs which look at ecology before economy. Hope you get it!

13. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

I am afraid it doesn't depend on your perception, it can be judged only by the constitutional morality which is paramount, If you find something going against the constitutional morality of India, you are welcome to point it out.

14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

If I am not wrong, manifestos are supposed to reflect ideology of the party(nothing to do with morality here) and hence convince people to vote for the party. Given AAP is full of jholachaps, they have clubbed ecology and economy together- which will be a disaster for India's growth. All environmental debates should be put on a back burner before India is developed.

Mad Indian likes this.
  15. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

Are you trying to suggest that all ecological talks are complete non-sense? I am sure you didn't mean this, so please quote relevant points which you find as an obstruction to growth path.

16. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Yes, if you club it with growth. It makes sense for the west to talk about the two together, but not India.

17. pvcpvc

pvcpvc Regular Member

18. RajeevKr

RajeevKr Regular Member

Can't agree with you on this blanket observation, why don;t you list out specifics?

19. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

I would give specifics if AAP had given any specifics in their manifesto!

For eg: "Focus on job by promoting honest enterprise". Now what do you make out of such generic statement!!

They are only specific when it came down to allocating natural resources:
    - All natural resources will be owned by state
    - consent of gram sabhas to be taken into every mining activity!

- Also they would not support direct cash transfer but would send grains and oil to people's home. So revolutionizing concept to kill corruption!!

The other parts of the manifesto are filled with other useless and outdated policies that have not worked anywhere in the world. On top of that, they do not even know how to create a pdf from which contents can be easily copy-pasted. It would be a tiring job to create a word cloud out of their manifesto, but I am sure it would be close to the one with Congress's manifesto- empowerment, decentralization coming on top!