AAP’s hospital vigil proves farcical

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by arnabmit, Jan 19, 2014.

1. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

AAP’s hospital vigil proves farcical

Around 10-12 Aam Aadmi Party workers along with Model Town MLA Akhilesh Pati Tripathi barged into the Rajan Babu Tuberculosis Hospital in North Delhi last week and ordered the doctors to give a patient anti-TB drugs because they thought he had TB. The patient, the relative of an AAP worker, had been shifted from Hindu Rao Hospital to Rajan Babu as the volunteers thought that the patient was not getting proper treatment. "At that point, we were not sure whether the patient was suffering from TB. Until our diagnosis was done, we could not give the patient any medication," said Dr D.K. Seth, the director of Rajan Babu Hospital. As it turned out, the patient was detected with cancer and not TB. According to Dr Seth, the whole episode was disturbing for the hospital authorities. "The AAP volunteers interfered with our work, under the pretext of wanting to ensure that the patient received the right treatment," he said.

Akhilesh Tripati was unavailable for comment.

A doctor at the hospital said on the condition of anonymity that the AAP volunteers behaved like hooligans and threatened the staff. The hospital authorities also claimed that the volunteers demanded to inspect the hospital's kitchen. "If they really want to carry out such checks, it should be done in an orderly fashion by 2-3 people and not by a whole contingent," said a staff member.

Interestingly, such checks are being carried out rather arbitrarily, or not at all, as these correspondents found out while travelling across the city, visiting four hospitals between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. on Wednesday night and Thursday early morning. These hospitals are Rajan Babu TB Hospital in Kingsway Camp, Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan Hospital and Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital near Delhi Gate, and Bhagwan Mahaveer Hospital in Pitampura. No AAP volunteers or workers were working in any of the hospitals, which they have been claiming to do; and if they had visited these hospitals they had only ended up disrupting work.

"AAP volunteers visited this hospital just once in the last fortnight," said a surgeon at Bhagwan Mahaveer. The surgeon also claimed that a few AAP volunteers barged into one of the wards on Wednesday. "They forcibly entered the ward and began ordering the doctors around. These people are not trained medical practitioners. As a result, they ended up hindering the treatment rather than aiding it," said the surgeon.

Such interference will compromise doctor-patient trust and relationship, said the surgeon. "We treat anyone who comes to us, which is why we have become doctors. However, such behaviour on their part will create doubts in the mind of the patient about a doctor's competence and willingness to treat those in need," the surgeon said.

As for Delhi Health Minister Satyendra Jain, he has visited the Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital twice. According to a source at the hospital, "Jain visited once when he took oath in December and the other time to see his mother, who was undergoing treatment here." On both occasions, the source said, Jain made a few enquiries about the hospital staff but nothing more. "No other AAP volunteers have come to inspect the hospital."

Despite several attempts by these correspondents, the Health Minister remained inaccessible. He did not reply even to the text messages . His mobile was either busy or switched off. When the call connected a couple of times, he did not pick it up.

3. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

So, the AAP people started medical treatment without knowledge of Medical science, policing without knowledge of Law and Constitution, .... what next?

4. skumar7777

skumar7777 Regular Member

I think they are co-opting swasthya into swaraj.

Patient, family, mohalla committes and gram sabhas will decide the medical treatment to be given. If there is doubt, instant poll will be taken.

5. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

AAP fanbois might explain how AK knows which patient has TB and which doesn't.

6. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

Amazing adventures of Kejariman and his sidekicks have been so entertaining, bring out the next issue.

7. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

I didn't see this report anywhere except for "Sunday Guardian".

Good move by AAP, they should keep up with their checks and balances. Learn from mistakes and then try to ameliorate their practices.

PS: I am surprised that non-Delhite pro-Corruption Indians who were decrying paid media till a few weeks back, are celebrating every small news item unflattering to AAP. :rofl:

8. jackprince

The non-Delhite wouldn't have bothered with the stupid AAP had they not claimed to go national and contest, which makes them a threat since when all know they would make hardly a dent in respect of seats, they may very prove a boon to congress cutting in the anti-incumbency votes; AND thereby proving hazardous for the nation in whole. Therefore, it fell on the non-Delhites to point to the glaring short-comings and idiocy and sometimes outright lunacy the AAP is carrying on in Delhi in a open forum for every other non-Delhites to learn about them and make cognizant decision- and they don't prevent any Delhite from looking AT the AAP for what it truly is if he/she is willing to take a chance with rationality.

Whom do you call pro-corruption? Wasn't it you who a few days ago rejoiced that you did not have to pay in 2 cases in a single day where you would have had to pay earlier. So you HAD PAID bribe to felicitate your work, then aren't you corrupt too? Don't say that you absolutely had to. People riding on moral high horse should not plead 'had to'.

Once in public forum in public eye one absolutely have to bear with public scrutiny, however thorough and hard the scrutiny may be. Hadn't AAP en-cashed the same lime light to win in assembly election? So, why shy now? Didn't Sheila or Congress or BJP were strung up for every little misstep they made. Doesn't every party? And carrying out vigilantism or abrupt checks by 'Volunteers' of a political party is not a small thing. You may say it is for the good of the people. However, it is not in their Authority to do such acts, and they are 'ILLEGAL'. However, the AAP Fan-buoys have forgotten the definition of "ILLEGAL" as evident in their Law Minister's action. If tomorrow the SP says that they were checking on the toll-booths and beating up the toll-booth operators who were doing illegal activity or charging extra charfes from public, would you believe or support?

parijataka, devgupt and TrueSpirit1 like this.
  9. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

So,

New Definition of Anti-National any party other than BJP who cuts into anti-incumbency votes of Congress ?

DMK, AIADMK, SP, BSP, NCP, AGP, BJD, CPI, TMC etc too can be anti-national if they don't support BJP.

In fact in the last election less than 1 in 5 Indians voted for BJP, and more than 1 in 2 voted for non-national parties.

==

As a non-Delhite what do you think my problems are, and what are the solutions ?

And lets not talk about rationality: You believe people should not vote for AAP, because it is anti-nation to vote for a party whose agenda pleases you.

===
    I was forced to pay a bribe to get work done, shows I am corrupt. Then by this logic a woman forced to have sex is a whore ?

If its illegal then appropriately punish them.

I don't know if there is any Delhi politician not arrested for obstructing an officer of the Govt from not discharging his duty.

I am not going to vote for a boy scout, the problems I face require a different set of politics.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  10. jackprince

My english is poor, may be that s why i fail to see whre i said that Aap is anti-national.
    although they have quite a few who could very well be considered such. But isaid tht getting another upa would be death for this nation and aap may very well pave the way for that by cutting anti-incumbancy vote. Or have u forgotten that Ak said that aap wont go flr any coallision aftr LS to frm a govt or have u conve iently forgotten that too. If aap splits antiincu.bancy vote upa benefits; & if aap wins seats and doesnt support anti upa alliance upa benefits. Its simple and more difficult is to understand why u dont understand this simple thing. Anti upa vote doesnt mean vote 4 bjp but must be against congress

Further Tagore said that 'onnai j kore r onnai j shohe, more ghrina tare jeno trino somo dohe' one who is corrupt and one who abbets or tolerates the corrupt - in your case encouraged - both r equally guilty. But your equating your bribing and getting raped shows how far ur wisdom has fallen. I m even doubtful if u r the original person behind the Singh handle.

And as far i see is that the aap has got a convert who will keep smiling saying 'how high'.

And which dept official would dare complain and to whom for redressal when the full weight and revelutionary might of the holy CM is behind the so called volunteers? I would not lest i be marked as a corrupt unduly.

Further there is the saying that ' the quickest and easiest is the devil's way'. Aap seems to be in an unholy hurry to fix decades old problem in a month. Cant he just seat back and think before going all Don Quixotic?

11. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

A change in the top leadership will do good to the people's anti corruption movement in the form of AAP.

12. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

This is thebest you can cone up with ??

jackprince likes this.