AAP & Us : Would BJP respond ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Aap And Us

How I wish we had questioned the ruling governments at both the state and the national level for the last 65 years the same way we have the one month old AAP.

So the knives are out. The ruling elite is running scared as their power slips away. The cosy club is up in arms. They shout 'Anarchy'. They scream 'Activism'. How I wish we had questioned the ruling governments at both the state and the national level for the last 65 years the same way we have the one month old AAP. Let me examine the duality of our probe:

We have questioned the reduction in power tariff in Delhi as populist and a burden. But the neighbouring state of Haryana (Congress) has just reduced it. Punjab (NDA) is likely to follow. Would the Congress and BJP respond?

We questioned Arving Kejriwal on his views on the Khaps, just as we should. But do we know the views of RaGa and NaMo? Have you heard the views on Naveen Jindal on this issue?

BJP criticised AAP on the retail FDI issue. Madhya Pradesh under Shivraj Chauhan just rejected it. Rajasthan has rejected it. In fact, even Modi is against FDI in retail. Would the BJP respond?

The screaming brigade said 'The Chief Minister (CM) should not be on dharna and should govern'. There have been many instances of dharna by CMs, whenever the central policies were against the interest of the state. In 2008, the Kerala CM was on dharna in Delhi. In fact, in 2006, Narendra Modi (NaMo) sat on a dharna with his entire cabinet (51 hours) on the Sardar Sarovar issue. The Andhra CM (Congress) has just announced his plans to be on dharna in Delhi on the bifurcation issue. Now what?

A lot of discussion has centred around Binny, the rebel within the AAP. Would you want me to list out rebellion in other parties? Remember Lal Krishna Advani, anyone? During the recent Congress chintan meet, 6 MPs from Andhra were not allowed at the venue, as they were proposing to move a resolution which goes against the party views. And we made a local MLAs rebellion become national news!

Vigilante raids by ministers are nothing new in India. Remember Mamata Bannerjee? In fact, most state excise ministers have abused their powers and raided bars and pubs, probably because the 'Hafta' wasn't delivered. Look at what happens in Karnataka regularly. In Khirki, it may just be the opposite, in public good, and we still have a problem. I am not suggesting that vigilantism is kosher. In fact, I firmly believe that we expect a minister, particularly a law minister, to show respect for the process of the law. My point is limited to ask why vigilantism on the part of others is not criticised and whether we seem to be picking on Bharti only because he happens to be in AAP?

The manifestos of the two national parties is a big joke. Both demand that police in Delhi should report to state government. Both have been in power at the centre and the state. Both can combine forces in the state and parliament. But they do nothing. And they expect AAP also to do nothing. Ridiculous!

In 2011, NTPC served a similar notice on Discoms warning disruption of power for not clearing dues. The government of the day intervened and NTPC backed out. As Congress is not in power, the request may not be heeded this time around. This is politics of power. And yes, I hear that North and East Delhi will face power outages. Why not South Delhi? Is it because those responsible for the shenanigans behind power reside here? Why is it that the Ambani- led group is unable to pay while the Tatas haven't yet defaulted? Too many questions with no answers.

Disclaimer: I am no AAP party worker and am an undecided voter for 2014. I disagree with some of the policies of AAP as much as I disagree with many policies of Congress and BJP. I also dislike the selective targeting of AAP based on convenience rather than conviction.

Aap And Us | Maheshwer Peri

Former Outlook publisher Maheshwer Peri now runs Pathfinder Media, the magazine company which publishes Careers 360.

rvjpheonix likes this.
  3. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

India was asleep for the first 60 years. This is clearly evident in so many ways. Look at the infrastructure and economy.

4. northernarunachalpradesh

northernarunachalpradesh Regular Member

Former Outlook publisher .

[​IMG]

parijataka likes this.
  5. rajsking

rajsking Regular Member

If I have to sum it up, I will say that AAP is up for greater scrutiny because of its claim of it being the outsider. Everyone was eager to know how AAP could just waive a magic wand and solve all problems. But as time passes, its proves to be just like another political party. The above article, itself proves the point that it is justifing its action by using precedents set up by Congress or BJP. As against the expectation that it will set up precedent for other political party. The fact that AAP is eyeing loksabha elections too, is affecting its performance. There were 5 govt formed alongwith AAP, how many more CMs have been giving status updates of their daily work on national TV - besides AK - none. If govt do good - AK is happy that media is singing praises for the govt, If the govt face some problem - AK is angry that media is only looking at them when similar things is happening in other parties. Well media is also not reporting every small good things about its rival parties too. Being Media-savvy do not help everytime.

Another point I would like to make is - heard about AK-14 theory. It has been widely reported that AAP has been supported by Congress to hurt chances of BJP. It has been pointed out how Congress used MNS ( in Mah) and Prajarajayam (in AP) to spoil chances of BJP-Shivesena(Mah) and TDP(AP) in forming govts. New parties results in bifurcation of anti-incumbency votes which has previously helped Congress in assembly elections and Congress wants to replicate the model in 2014 also. This plan is rumored to be put in motion when the then NAC member, Mr Yadav suggested to AK to form AAP and has, since then, been the main driving force in running AAP. Following YY, other members of NAC and other members whose trusts are being funded by Ford Foundation have joined AAP. Well, to me it was a well - thought out story.

I read two relate news which makes me believe in this theory. First was that a prominent business-man assisted Congress in convincing AAP to formed govt with their support. The rumours about the identity of the business is what make me believe that there is a Congress play in whole AAP thing. The thing is - again a rumour - that one of the leader of constituent of NDA - has dared to ask for gunda tax from the said businessman. So, it raises the possibility that the said businessman has personal motive- in keeping BJP/NDA from forming govt.

Other is the opinion poll results which has been shown on TV around Jan-25. The crux of the poll is that , in fact, emergence of AAP has hurted congress much more than bjp. Around the same time Media bashing of AAP starts and ads promoting Congress begin to appear. In fact, I have been seeing congress related ads sometimes more than twice in half hour program. Wonder what amount of money congress is spending on its media campaign.

SO, I see a direct relationship in media actions. There is one party with coffers full of money. This was earlier used to build up AAP in hope of replicating their past successes. But, when the scheme backfires, it is now using the same media to undo the damage.

AAP happens to be just another political party, The only difference is it being a media savvy party. The same Media-saviness character of AAP has just resulted in it getting exploited by others.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  6. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

how ?

Modi asked 60 months to undo the wrongs of 60 years. Kejriwal has fulfilled a lot of his promises in 30 days despite having a 60 month manifesto.

On what criteria should we judge ?

Why not ?

Media was covering stories of Kejriwal's cough, diarrhea, wagon r, and his life story. Why not train the guns on CG, MP, Raj etc ?

==
    Self-confessed Conspiracy Theory. I cannot give it any credence.

The amount of money BJP has spent on Modi, IT, Social Media, websites, ads, PR etc trumps Congress spending by a huge factor.

==
    Even the conspiracy theorist believes that AAP is no more B-team of Congress ?

==
    AAP and media savvy ? I think not.

Who can beat NSitaraman, Lekhi, Prasad, Jaitley, Salve, Kohli etc. ?

rvjpheonix likes this.
  7. rajsking

rajsking Regular Member

Refer
    HTML:
    http://www.firstpost.com/politics/aap-vs-sheila-bjp-histrionics-of-a-party-that-cant-deliver-1372365.html
    Facts like these give credibility to conspiract theory of AK-14.

Further - from India today -
    Incidents like these shows immaturity of AAP for governance.

Till date, except for converting old buses into night shelters, all the steps taken by AAP - like free water, cheap electricity are all populist measures. Current state of Indian economy is all due to such populist measures taken by UPA govt. And AAP is continuing the same tradition. No wonder when we see that the persons who were once in the NAC of Sonia Gandhi are now all AAP members. Lets face the fact, we are developing economy and investments in infrastructure should be given priority over any unplanned expenditure. Unbirdled expenditure on populist measures not only results that the chance to improve present infrastructure is lost, it also results that the future govt will be paying for it - in form of increased interest costs which further reduces the already minuscule investments. Even NTR was able to come to power by promising to give Rice @ Re1. But it takes Chandrababu Naidu to stop this scheme and instead focus on infrastructure development.
    I was not looking at AAP to solve all problems overnight - but in past 30 days, they have amply shown that their's is NTR way and not Naidu's way. They will announced subsidy for water - instead of plans to expand water distribution network.

Even I wondered, why media is covering this non-relevant facts about AAP. Who is funding them. :confused:
    Well, on another note, were these facts really non-relevant. After all coverage like these are what make AK what he is - an AAM ADMI. But media was not impartial in covering AK. Media didnot cover how AK or his wife, over the years, have not been transferred outside Delhi. Or about relations between Ford Foundation and societies of AAP members, etc. IF media, has covered impartially the lives of other leaders also - it would have been evident that Harshwardhan is more of an AAM AADMI than AK.

I am not going by the reports. I am telling what I have experienced. BJP may be spending on the weekly rallies of Modi. But do you recall the last time you see a BJP ad - none. I have yet to see a BJP ad. All I have seen only the promotional campaign of Sardar statue - that too many days ago. Regarding congress - I can name 4 ads - RG's Yuva josh, 10 year change in Delhi, 10 year change in Village, and the latest one showing it is the people that made this change. And I cannot even recall - an hour of TV during which these ads do not play even once.

These didnot prevent BJP getting a negative image for all these years.

To end this, lets agree to disagree. You may disapprove my view point, and I yours. I, atleast,believe no-more in AAP. You may still be enchanted by AAP and would like to give it more time to give results. I cannot blame you for this, when there are still 30% Indians who are still willing to give more time to Congress for it to prove itself/show results.