Aalya Himachal

Oracle

I just lost some beats. Breathtaking pictures. Awesome!!!

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
great shots Anshu, are you from kullu and what are dogra hills?

in way to rohtang pass.....
ah these shots remind me of the days in college when we used to zip around on similar narrow lanes all around shimla with hills on one side and deep gorges on the other and see who would reach a destination first, man what hell of a drive we used to have. last time i drove to shimla, i wondered how i did not end up being smashed up or end up down hill, one of the craziest drives i have ever done, but then the thrill of zipping around at some top speeds on curvy hill roads was just too awesome to resist!

Anshu Attri

Country flag
great shots Anshu, are you from kullu and what are dogra hills?
yes i m from kullu....... Dogra hills are the mountaineer regions of jammu(J&K), kangra, chamba, mandi ,hamirpur(Himachal) and i basically belongs to Dogra hills .the origin of DOGRA REGIMENT is from this region of INDIA.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
yes i m from kullu....... Dogra hills are the mountaineer regions of jammu(J&K), kangra, chamba, mandi ,hamirpur(Himachal) and i basically belongs to Dogra hills .the origin of DOGRA REGIMENT is from this region of INDIA.

thanks for sharing that, i was aware of lads making it to the dogra regiment from this belt but never knew the belt is termed as dogra hiils, pretty cool! do you know dr. rd chandel (eye specilist, has his clinic there in kullu), his wife was also a doc and so are their son and daughter-in-law.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Half of the Punjab regiment is made up of dogras too. Dogras inhabit Jammu region of Kahsmir, North Punjab and Himachal iirc ?

Amazing shots !! Truly Devbhumi !

Last edited:

Anshu Attri

Country flag
Half of the Punjab regiment is made up of dogras too. Dogras inhabit Jammu region of Kahsmir, North Punjab and Himachal iirc ?

Amazing shots !! Truly Devbhumi !
yes sir dogras belong to lower himachal.......even my 6 cousins and 3 uncle are in DOGRA REGIMENT.

Anshu Attri

Country flag
thanks for sharing that, i was aware of lads making it to the dogra regiment from this belt but never knew the belt is termed as dogra hiils, pretty cool! do you know dr. rd chandel (eye specilist, has his clinic there in kullu), his wife was also a doc and so are their son and daughter-in-law.
i have heard of him but i never met him personaly..........

avis

Hi Anshu, nice pics of bijli mahadev ... i had once gone to kullu for my cousin's marriage but didnt got the chance to visit bijli mahadev nice pics indeed and the shots are really breathtaking.

avis

Singh sahab, himachal was created around 1965 if i am correct before that all lower regions of himachal were officially in punjab so naturally they all served up in punjab regiment and still are serving

avis

where is this parashar rishi lake ? i mean in which part of himachal.i didnt come to know of it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles