A train with 50 tankers pulls in late at night, raising a cheer over 300 km away in Latur

Kshatriya87

Country flag
18_04_2016_008_010_003.jpg

.................................................................................................................................................................................

Chinmoy

Country flag
Pappu said that? Must be true then.
Don't know exactly for sure. Met a very senior govt official few days back from TN and in the discussion he told me about it. Rahul Gandhi did delivered a lecture on it and described how technically in-viable it is. We had a sort of heated discussion on it, but thank god that we had been able to see my points at last and agreed that it could be easily managed if we keep aside our regional politics aside.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
A Bihari friend at work with me says every single year there are floods in Bihar and they cause lots of property/personnel damage. Every one knows and wants that water to be diverted to southern parts / MP etc. so that at least those people can benefit from it and Bihar won't suffer from floods.

Its a pity this still hasn't been done.
Politics as well as foresight are the bane of our country. The Garland Canal by Capt Dastur was proposed way back in 1962 to connect all the rivers in India in a single grid which would cost less than Rs 14,000 crores. But who was or is interested?

Just look at the Rs 70,000 crores scam in Maharashtra where dams and canals for irrigation were to be made. That has been siphoned off by the politicians-bureaucrat-contractor nexus. There's zilch to show for the amount spent!

And then the interstate river wars are well known. Important cases are the Kaveri river water dispute between Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, the Krishna-Godavari water dispute, the Cauvery water dispute and the the Ravi-Beas water dispute. Although fairly explicit constitutional provisions govern inter-state river waters, it is unclear whether existing mechanisms for adjudicating interstate water disputes are efficient enough.

The current Indian water-dispute settlement mechanisms are ambiguous and
opaque. A cooperative bargaining framework suggests that water can be shared efficiently, with compensating transfers as necessary, if initial water rights are well-defined, and if institutions to facilitate and implement cooperative agreements are in place.

I think we need to treat this as a national emergency to hasten this process as also introduce effective binding arbitration which does not exist at present.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It is common knowledge that most hybrid seeds are different from OPV's(cannot be used for sowing). If farmers really make that mistake it is lack of knowledge and information more than anything which can be rectified. The link you provided actually is making an case in favor of hybrid wheat even for small land holders. I just happen to read the conclusion due to lack of time.

My/Navneet's point is simple that high water consuming crops like sugar cane should be avoided in Maharashtra (not making any case for particular type of hybrid/ OPV crop).

Please don't post unnecessarily.
the link is provided to share information and a point and scientific knowledge that the seeds cannot be sown again. And further knowledge practical one is that it requires proper and good use of fertilizers and not manure hence the natural fertility of soil loses its potential.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Cost, maintenance, quality checks, risk of water not meeting the standards, continuous inflow of sea water and outflow of fresh water needs to be arranged.

A long lasting option of river linking is far far better than this.
. When you can arrange petroleum pipelines which require more maintenance than water pipelines and arrangement then it can be done too for water. You can connect the plant with already existing water grid.

Not 24 hours but plant will run systematically.

so two problems solved.

1) job
2) water.

along with that you can link the rivers. Just in any case and any way reduce this drought problem in the country.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
How cute :)

download (39).jpg

Kshatriya87

Country flag
. When you can arrange petroleum pipelines which require more maintenance than water pipelines and arrangement then it can be done too for water. You can connect the plant with already existing water grid.

Not 24 hours but plant will run systematically.

so two problems solved.

1) job
2) water.

along with that you can link the rivers. Just in any case and any way reduce this drought problem in the country.
Petroleum pipelines are not arranged like you think they are. Once installed, they are good for 25 years. Also, they give us revenue and in the long term are beneficial for the economy.

Water pipelines are not when you continuously have to monitor, supervise, pump the water to its destination. It's not worth the money involved. Also, it is short term solution. You will have to keep modernising it.

River linking once done can be left alone for decades. You won't even have to touch it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Petroleum pipelines are not arranged like you think they are. Once installed, they are good for 25 years. Also, they give us revenue and in the long term are beneficial for the economy.

Water pipelines are not when you continuously have to monitor, supervise, pump the water to its destination. It's not worth the money involved. Also, it is short term solution. You will have to keep modernising it.

River linking once done can be left alone for decades. You won't even have to touch it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

water is a need and everything which is possible must be done. Linking river is one. But in India there are already two plants .. one biggest in south asia and it has been proven feasible and economic.

alphacentury

Country flag

Blackwater

Instead of doing is drama try to conserve water . Learn water management from Israel along with taking high tech weapons .

Sending water train is not solution , netas are just covering their ass

salute

.............................................................................................................

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

.............................................................................................................
Bangalore will run out of water soon? Damn! :crying: I'm gonna get screwed!

Anyone wants to buy my 2BHK apartment now being used as a guest house at the Manyata Tech Park? This would be a distress sale so it's going cheap - starting Rs 90 Lakhs only. Anyone? :biggrin2:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Instead of doing is drama try to conserve water . Learn water management from Israel along with taking high tech weapons .

Sending water train is not solution , netas are just covering their ass

Very correct. Now a days in India, if you are SC or you are farmer than you are premier citizen of India. You do not have any responsibility but you have only rights. Bloody your area is dry. what do you do to tackle the situation. They can not do anything except Dharana and demand loan waiver. You have some responsibility as well. You make effort and then seek help where ever it is required. They do not do anything and blames government. Infact, we have a very nice and responsive government at center. If they seek help, government shall be more than happy to help. First of all , they must stop playing card of being helpless.

If I can foresee and sector where there is a maximum scope of development, it is agriculture sector. If farmers do farming wisely and scientifically, they can increase their income manyfold very easily.

salute

Anyone wants to buy my 2BHK apartment now being used as a guest house at the Manyata Tech Park? This would be a distress sale so it's going cheap - starting Rs 90 Lakhs only. Anyone? :biggrin2:
90 lakhs ??? selling really cheap , arent you , lol ,
here 2bhk flats at drought prone tier 3 cities starts from 40 lakhs even when they are not from some tech park ,

if you dont mind ... how much is carpet area of your flat .

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
90 lakhs ??? selling really cheap , arent you , lol ,
here 2bhk flats at drought prone tier 3 cities starts from 40 lakhs even when they are not from some tech park ,

if you dont mind ... how much is carpet area of your flat .
That's why I said 'distress sale'!! :biggrin2: 1250 sq ft.

But what the heck are you gonna do without water? :tongue:

salute

That's why I said 'distress sale'!! :biggrin2: 1250 sq ft.

But what the heck are you gonna do with no water? :tongue:
1250sq. ft is a standard area for 2bhk and starting price 90 lakhs is a real expensive even for slashed price .

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Thora bargain kar le????

captscooby81

Country flag
@Mikesingh Manyata Tech park is just close by to Hebbal lake and still there is water problem . I used to live in yelahanka and i know how the water crisis was 12 years back itself now i am just wondering now bangalore is surviving only because of Kaveri my laaard Kaveri .if the river runs dry then expect 20th centuries first mass migration unfolding infront of our eyes

By the way 2 BHK for 90 lakhs is very good price for that location ...Best option is to rent it out and make those 3 % return ...

@salute On average the carpet area will be 29-30% less than Sale area ..so it might be around 900 Sft ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles