A poem written by a Chinese in French forum

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by yang, Apr 8, 2009.

1. yang

yang Regular Member

A poem written by a Chinese in French forum(translated by myself, so may have some mistakes)

The first day we were called the sick men of Asia, we were already treated as” yellow peril.”
    When we were propagandized as the next super power, we were seen as a threat.
    When we closed our door, you opened our market by drug smuggling.
    When we refused drugs, you use your military force to give us hard sell.
    When we believe in free trade, you blamed us for we have taken away their jobs,
    When we broke into pieces, your military burst in on us claim sharing the spoils fairly.
    When we have well spliced the pieces, you are shouting to “liberate the Tibet which is being invaded.”
    When we are trying to set up communism, you hate us to be Chicom.
    Ok, we accepted capitalism; you hate us to be capitalists.
    When we have 1 billion people, you say we are crushing the earth.
    So we carried out a family planning program, you say we are destroying the human rights.
    When we are suffering the poverty, you said we are dogs.
    When we lent our money to you, you cursed us letting you be in debt.
    When we developed our industry, you say we are polluters.
    When you benefited from our cheap ,useful goods, you blamed us having increased greenhouse effect.
    When we were buying oil, you shout at us ‘you are exploiting the Africa, and supporting ethnic massacre’.
    When you launched wars for the oil ,you said you try to liberate the people.
    When we are promoting revolution, you shouted, and want to make laws for us.
    When we succeeded in quelling the riot ,you said we were suppressing cruelly.
    When we keep silence, you say we don’t have freedom of speech.
    When we aren’t silent any more, you say we have xenophobia, because we are all brainwashed,
    “Why do you hate us so severely?” we can’t help to ask.
    “No,no,no…..we don’t hate anyone, our western are always civilized, fair, tolerant, philanthropic…..” You answered.
    “Do you understand us?”
    “You are joking, it is no doubt,” you smiled.” Don’t forget we have the best media, CNN. BBC,AFP…..”

Read this,then you will know why I posted the pictures showed the riot in London,they always blamed us,so see what did they do.And what their moral high ground is.

3. Pintu

Pintu New Member

Is it a chorus song ?

4. yang

yang Regular Member

It's a poem,and it is condensed by the feelings in the heart,and just flowed from the heart like a swift-flowing stream.

5. Soham

Soham DFI TEAM Senior Member

Why do you think the world hates you ?
    And why do you care ?

We are enemies, and will remain to be so. You and I haven't chosen this enmity.

We were back-stabbed, when we considered you to be a friend. How can trust build up ?
    Although, I hope that we see a powerful united Asia in the future, the building of trust for such a dream is close to impossible.

So forget it, and be happy.

6. threadbrowser

threadbrowser Regular Member

oh for gods sake....now i know the recession is hitting china hard.
    The glorious internet brigades of the People's republic are recycling their whiny crap from the olympics word for word.

7. Flint

Flint Senior Member Senior Member

That's just bad poetry.

Sorry. I don't know if it sounds better in Chinese, but in English it comes across as rather self-righteous and dishonest.

My god. What a shocking poem. Poor Chinese always being criticized. Jesus Christ.

8. nitesh

nitesh Mob Control Manager Stars and Ambassadors

to me seems like work of the guys like mentioned in the news article

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China's internet 'spin doctors'

China's '50-cent party' posters

By Michael Bristow
    BBC News, Beijing

China is using an increasing number of paid "internet commentators" in a sophisticated attempt to control public opinion.

These commentators are used by government departments to scour the internet for bad news - and then negate it.

They post comments on websites and forums that spin bad news into good in an attempt to shape public opinion.

Chinese leaders seem aware that the internet - the only public forum where views can be freely expressed - needs close attention.

China's Communist Party leaders have long sought to sway public opinion by controlling what the media can report.

That policy was extended to the internet, and many websites are blocked by a system sometimes dubbed the "great firewall of China".

Rumours and opinions

But cyberspace - where views can be expressed instantly and anonymously - is not as easy to control as traditional news outlets.

Comments, rumours and opinions can be quickly spread between internet groups in a way that makes it hard for the government to censor. So instead of just trying to prevent people from having their say, the government is also attempting to change they way they think.

To do this, they use specially trained - and ideologically sound - internet commentators.

They have been dubbed the "50-cent party" because of how much they are reputed to be paid for each positive posting (50 Chinese cents; $0.07; £0.05).

"Almost all government departments face criticism that is beyond their control," said Xiao Qiang, of the University of California at Berkeley.

"There is nothing much they can do, other than organise their own spinning teams to do their public relations," said the journalism professor, who monitors China.

Spin machine

A document released by the public security bureau in the city of Jiaozuo in Henan province boasts of the success of this approach.

It retells the story of one disgruntled citizen who posted an unfavourable comment about the police on a website after being punished for a traffic offence.

One of the bureau's internet commentators reported this posting to the authorities within 10 minutes of it going up.

The bureau then began to spin, using more than 120 people to post their own comments that neatly shifted the debate.

"Twenty minutes later, most postings supported the police - in fact many internet users began to condemn the original commentator," said the report.

These internet opinion-formers obviously need to show loyalty and support to the authorities. They also need other skills, as a document from the hygiene department in the city of Nanning in Guangxi province makes clear.

"[They] need to possess relatively good political and professional qualities, and have a pioneering and enterprising spirit," the document said.

They also need to be able to react quickly, it went on.

'Tens of thousands'

The practice of hiring these commentators was started a couple of years ago by local governments which found it hard to control public opinion.

They could not rely on Beijing to monitor and block every single piece of news about their localities, so they came up with their own solution.

Internet commentators have now become widespread, according to experts. Some estimate that there are now tens of thousands of them.

There are also reports that special centres have been set up to train China's new army of internet spin doctors.

Their job is more important than it would be elsewhere in the world.

"Politically, the internet is more important in China than in other societies because it's the only public space where people can express themselves," said Professor Xiao.

That is a point that has not escaped Chinese President Hu Jintao.

When he chatted online in an internet forum earlier this year he said it was important to set up "a new pattern of media guidance" for the internet.

China's teams of state-sponsored commentators have a lot of work ahead of them.

9. ShyAngel

ShyAngel Founding Member

Folks now lets compare that with our ninth century tibetan poem on tibet.
    Land so high, made so pure,
    Without equal, without peer,
    Land indeed! Best of All......:)
    And when he first came to this world,
    He came as lord of all under heaven
    This center of the earth
    This heart of the world
    Fenced round by snow,
    The headland of all rivers,
    Where the mountains are high and the land is pure.
    Oh country so good
    Where man are born as sages and heroes,
    To this land of horses ever more speedy
    Choosing it for its qualities, he came here.

10. Flint

Flint Senior Member Senior Member

^Now that's poetry.

11. ShyAngel

ShyAngel Founding Member

Insecure country will always remain unhappy and sad!
    If china really is all this and that i wonder why recession is hitting them bad as well? They should be happy that we are on recession and they are on their way to prosperous. But at the end of the day that's not the case. In order to clap you need both hands; in order to drive anything you need both wheels. So CHINA should stop acting all that and admit that they are NOTHING without US and the rest of the world.

12. EnlightenedMonk

EnlightenedMonk Member of The Month JULY 2009 Senior Member

I wonder Yang, why do you always portray yourselves as victims when you've been victimising everybody in your vicinity ???

13. nitesh

Because that is what CCP teaches them

14. EnlightenedMonk

EnlightenedMonk Member of The Month JULY 2009 Senior Member

I know that... you know that... but I wanted to make Yang understand that... :2guns::2guns::2guns:

15. yang

yang Regular Member

I don't think we have victimed everyone,and because of different self-interests,and maybe we didn't fight,we may already have conflicts.And today China has developed well,but the rest of world may think we are doing things unfair,I learn Finance in university,and I do know that the opinions are not correct,and it's not unusual for the people to see it,even for the high-level politician,a politician of US has said that the rose imported from south America may destory the American people's welfare,he make a mistake as most of us,the climate in s-America is more suitable for the rose to grow,and if America grow rose all buy himself ,than he will has a big opportunity cost,and he may produce more goods that are more worthy to do.So everycountry should produce his products that have comparative advantage,and it's good for both the imports and exports.

And we are not pretend to be victim,and I never think things are fair for anyone,I don't even expect so.But that's our true feelings about the west at that time.And you are not the only country feel upsad,and our Chinese suffer more bitterness than you do.The bitterness between us is just a war in the fact,and we both pay a lot ,and why we speed up to develop Tibet,it may not be our first issue if the rest of world not press on us,and we can't wed to engagement at almost any cost to build a railway to the 4000 altitude highland.

But I don't think my explain can change your views on China,but I just want to say we both develop our military is to avoid wars ,and make a deterrent to each other.But it is necessary to learn more about each other ,and let us reduce the unnecessary costs.

16. yang

yang Regular Member

No,never,CCP just tell us how to be a good Chinese,and how to serve for the people.And Chinese gov are so tolerant in the world wide issues,even let the youngsters here are so unsatified.

17. yang

yang Regular Member

That's just I want to say,and I have clarifed the bad news in this forum.No body sell his spirit for the only 50 cents,and we all do the things we think is right,the bad post has lit up the fire in our hearts in China,and everyone say to fight againest the bad western news.And what you said are just an edge of a huge iceberg.The nasty media always say things without evidence and even without thinking twice ,something even we see by ourself are not really,how can we believe the news that are made by them,once a time I think the west is so developed ,and I think the things there may be good too.But the protest againest the game has made us concious,they don't even know what is right and what is wrong.And cursed the people without thinking.

18. nitesh

Can't understand head and tail of what you are trying to say

19. nitesh

what are you trying to convey? Are you saying that media should be controlled?

20. yang

yang Regular Member

I mean CCp is a political party represent the majority people's interests of China,and the slogan of CCp is "serve the people",and we are taught to be a server of the Chinese when we step into school .

And BTW,ccp is not as the political party of the USA,in China,ccp is a ruling party,so ccp don't have to promote the party,and let more people to join in.In China ,if you are a communists ,fist ,you maybe a gov officer,second ,you maybe a leader in your field,third you may be a university student or you have graduated from university,forth,you may have made a great contribution for the people...and I am not a communist ,in China ,if you want to be a communist ,you have to be recommended (means you are accepted by most people in your unit ),then you should attend a Party school,and correct motivation to join the party,during the period you should write your gain down and report to the organization about your feelings,then you will become a 'a person want to be a communist' ,then you should go through democratic election,if you are accepted by the votes,then you can become 'a preparative Party member',after all these,you are chected for a year,you can't do anything bad during the year,if you go through all the things above ,then you can get the glory to be a communist.

And turn to your question again,nobody don't love their country,and we can extremely angry if we see the news that are not really exist to detory the reputation of China,so it is a action that we do by ourselves,not urged by the gov.

21. nitesh

Can any body have another party? NO if they try things like tinamen square will happen. So all people have to think in the same way. That's it