A place at the 2015 victory parade

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by The Germans are coming, Aug 9, 2014.

1. The Germans are coming

The Germans are coming Regular Member

Next year will be the 70th aniversery of the victory over fascism in WW2. A event which is always celebrated with giant festivities from Moscow to New York. In recent years, we Germans were also allowed a seat of representation at the victory parades. But what I have been asking myself for quite a while is why India, South Africa and Uganda do not get their seats. Troops from these 3 countries contibuted massively to the war efford. And to be very honest, without the Indian forces, Germany would have won it`s campain in north Africa and Japan would have overrun India.

So, should your country insist on a seat on the side of the victors and should India be counted as part of the allied forces that defeated facism?

Srinivas_K likes this.
  3. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

I have a few questions about the German culture and thought of today concerning nazism, I hope you can help me understand.

1. Hitler took power at a time when Germany was robbed and plundered by the allies, Alscace and Lorraine were handed to the french. after Hitler took power he restored germany to its old glory (I am purposefully avoiding his anti-semitism for the moment). Do the Germans of today recognize the astounding transformation he brought about in Germany within 10 years.

2. He was opposed to the church and was a fan of certain pagan traditions, secret cults like the thule & vril societies. Yet the church was generally cordial with the nazis. In light of this contradiction, does Germany of today carry any suspicions of the church.

3. As stated in the point above, Hitler and those close to him tried to establish an Aryan culture which was not aligned with the church. Does this revert to paganism have any effect in modern germany.

Razor likes this.
  4. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Actually Hitler was a devout Christian. He said it was providence that saved him from the assassination when he made a public speech and that it was God's will that he continues doing what he is doing.

As for OP. I don't know why we don't have a seat in the first place. Did we refuse? Or were we never given an invitation?

It's all well and good if we refused for whatever reason. But if we never actually received an invitation, then we should be getting one.

5. sydsnyper

6. The Germans are coming

The Germans are coming Regular Member

I have heard that frequently. Thing is, it is not an excuse for demolishing a republic. But even more important concerning this argument, take the time to read through the economic statistics of Germany during that time. Everythin was built on borrowed money. The deficite was rising with a bloated public sectore and an even greater bloated sector of public contracts for private companies. From 1935 onward, it becomes very clear that Hitler is shifting his economy towards war, borrowing money to build a massive army with the intent to not pay back a single cent, but to roll over the borrowers with tanks.

If there would have been no war. The German economy would have simply collapsed in a catastrophic way on it`s debt.

Himmler was the one with the weird occult beliefs. Hitler was a practicing roman catholic.

I dont even know what you are trying to ask. Could you be more specific?

sydsnyper likes this.
  7. sydsnyper

Thank you for the answers.

Here is a link from Wikipedia on hitler's beliefs, Religious views of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and it says he was not a practicing christian.

My third question made no sense, I agree. It happens often with me, I start to write something, lose track, jump to other thoughts, find half the track I was on and the end is a mushy expression that makes no sense. :p

This is what I wanted to ask, nazism set a precedence where they promoted a revert to ancient pagan religious beliefs. There was an interest in nordic mythologies, a slight interest in hindu mythologies, druidism etc. Has this interest in pre-christian religions carried over to the later german generations.

8. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

India was not a victor. At the same time that the Nazis were committing the Holocaust, Churchill committed a similar Holocaust in India by starving millions of Bengalis to death. The biggest enemy, occupier and enslaver of India was Britain. In fact it were the Axis countries, and especially Japan, which organized the Indian revolutionary forces led by Netaji Bose into the Indian National Army, which fought against the British Indian Army.

Even Hitler made token efforts to try and create an Indian legion.

Sure, the Axis countries may have had their own reasons for helping the Indian revolutionaries, but similarly, the British too, were using Indians to fight their war.

I would have been far happier had Hitler kept up his war against the British and crushed them instead of invading the USSR.

That would have been a victory for India-to get rid of centuries of British enslavement. WWII itself was just a bunch of greedy imperialist swines fighting each other for global domination. It was a fight not of good vs evil, but of evil vs evil. The Indian troops who fought and died were just mercenary cannon fodder.

9. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

German WW2 is over yes there was many evil doings but what Hitler did was no less what Churchill or other colonial masters did. Get over that guilt he gave imho Germany a sense of confidence etc.

As regard to India well we fought for British empire freedom while still being denied ours. Guess of weird but it was a blessing in disguise their financial bankruptcy paved the way for our freedom.