A Pakistani's View on Modi

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Mikesingh, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mikesingh

Mikesingh Senior Member Senior Member

Is Narendra Modi changing India?

As a Pakistani i think i can provide an outer perspective. I am following politics very keenly and closely since the day he has taken prime ministership. I have seen some really commendable changes which put us Pakistanis to shame. Some of major changes he has done which have major impact on us:

1) Prime Minister's People Money Scheme: I think this is by far the best thing he has done in his tenure. Literally we Pakistanis don't have such a policy of financial inclusion. Though our government announced about a scheme on this but literally even after one year has been passed nothing fruitful has happened. It has just stuck on papers. As a matter of fact only 14.2 % of total population have account at a financial institution in our nation that is very meager.

2) Diplomacy: Well , yeah he is master and way ahead of our PM in diplomacy. The way he has befriended and brought US and china closer and convinced them for foreign investment is commendable. I knew he was disliked by US in beginning but the way he worked out on his commitment and performance, it convinced Americans to believe him. Irony is that while India has become closer to US, we are getting more isolated.

3) Clean India drive: This is really appreciable. I think Pakistan must emulate it. Although i am not sure of results but at least it will create awareness and develop urge to maintain hygiene and cleanliness among us.

4) Terrorism Handling: I am not entirely convinced that how much he would be able to stop terrorism but the work he has done till now is appreciable. I got to know from Indian media that terrorism has been decreased significantly in Kashmir Valley and more militants are surrendering (My personal view: i think Kashmirs are definitely better in hands of Indian govt considering our country, though i am not sure what Kashmiris want). This is enough to make sure that he is at least trying to mitigate the problem.

5) Smart Cities Mission and Make in India Campaign: Modi announced list of 100 smart cities and Make in India Campaign which will help in elevating the position of India on global level. Unfortunately there is no such campaign in Pakistan. It is not like there is shortage of talent but due to unfavorable conditions (you know what i mean to say!)there is trend of brain drain.

I think these points listed above are one of the major changes that have deeply changed the mindset of Pakistanis but thanks to our crooked media we only get to know about India destroying Pakistan, killing minorities kinda bullshit. I have watched Indian media and one thing i can confirm is that our media is totally a govt controlled propaganda machine. They hardly show us reality.

Summing up i can say that definitely India has improved under his rule though he has to complete his tenure. I am not personal hater of his policies but some of his politicians, RSS goons and beef politics just flare up the minority-majority issue and only helps in polarization. Some of you may claim it is a minuscule thing but i think since he is PM and topmost ruling authority everything is at stake. Even these so called small things can induce negative image, bias and perception. I think i have said enough. I hope we Pakistanis will elect better politician like Modi and kick out this nincompoop Nawaz who is just good for nothing.

P.S. sorry for any grammatical mistakes if occurred.

Edit

#1. Some of you have commented that i sound like Indian and how do i know so much. Its not tough to think that we are living in internet dominated world where sharing and gaining knowledge is very easy. i have some of my friends from India whom i interact through Facebook. Then there is YouTube and of course Quora. I think I don't need to say anything else now.

#2. A guy said that I should reveal myself. I just want to say that i answered anonymous just for the sake of my safety. I belong to Ismailis which are sub-sect of minority sect Shias. The place where i live have just 5 Ismaili families and rest are Sunnis. Last year there was ugly clash between the two groups because of Some Sunni extremists who disliked our way of worship. My dad was also hurt in that clash. He was bedridden for 5 months. We are still living here but very vulnerable now. I don't want to spill beans anymore. Those who don't like my answer please feel free to down-vote it. I am not here for up-votes, i just presented the facts what i found from Social Media.Thank you!!

3. Neo

Neo Senior Member Senior Member

Who is this 'Pakistani' guy and where did he publish thid article?

Link please.

4. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

A somali view on Modi ?

I want to hear it as well.

Akask kumar, Illusive, TODELU and 3 others like this.
  5. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    this seems to be from quora...

anyway, the 3rd point - clean India drive. atleast that hasn't seeped in very well, esp. in the blinkered brains of the padha-likha ganwaars! I still see a lot of them, infact, I'd say most of them. sometimes, you're forced to use a broad brush.
    OTOH, there seems to be a bit of awareness and sense of responsibility among the less-privileged. had read a user's experience on quora how once he was in a taxi and asked the driver to take it closer to the edge of the road to throw his beer bottle, to which the gentleman driver replied - "saahab, pls yahaan mat fenkiye. main aage jidhar koodadaan dikhega wahaan gaadi rok lunga. usmein daal deejiyega. Modiji ne bahut achchhi pahal kari hai, saaf-safaai rakhne ko kaha hai. humein bhi maan rakhna chaahiye."

so while the educated illiterates b!tch about having to pay 0.5% cess on/for Swachchha Bhaarat Mission while throwing their coke-beer-chocolate-wafers hither-thither, probably its from some of those not perched on the proverbial 'chaney ka jhaad' & high on self-indulgence, that a few ethics/values could be imbibed.

P.S. - @Mikesingh, pls post the link to the source of the OP before mod nudges you to.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Mikesingh likes this.
  6. Mikesingh

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  7. Neo

It's obviously written by an indian.

8. AbRaj

AbRaj Regular Member

@Neo A serious question for you - Do all Pakistanis want to become a terrorist?

9. Neo

Yes as much as all Indians want to become rapists.

10. Berkut

Berkut Regular Member

@AbRaj. All Pakis wanna become Hindus, celebrate Diwali and move to India. Deep within they know who their ancestors are , and that's not the Arab hordes.
    They are just scared to leave Religion of ultimate peace for the fear of being wajib ul cutlet

11. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

your forefathers mughal and arabs , pata nahi kon kon ,mixed breed sale , were also rapist, who raped ur fore mothers and convert you and unique terrorist breed like you was born

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  12. Berkut

Berkut Regular Member

@Neo. It is a reprehensible act no two ways about it.

But you forget unlike your land of the pure our country does not require the victim to parade 4 male witnesses or fear getting termed an adulteress thus get sentenced being stoned to death!!!!
    Hence the stats

13. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

baniye ka chora baniye ka chora .. ooo baniye ka chora .... :balleballe:

OneGrimPilgrim and Berkut like this.
  14. Mikesingh

Really? Truth hurts and we all know that the Land of the Pure is the most vile, evil and impure nation on Earth! The only industry in Porkistan are the myriad terror factories mushrooming there, financially aided by the government.

Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial government is giving $3 million to the Darul Uloom Haqqania seminary, also known as the “University of Jihad.” This 'aid', needless to say, will be used to fund your jihadis.

Tariq Afaq, a militancy expert from Peshawar, Pakistan, estimates that 80 percent of Haqqania seminary students joined or sympathize with the Taliban.

This Jihad University has the following alumni....
    • Jalaluddin Haqqani, leader of the Haqqani Network.
    • Asim Umar, leader of Al-Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent.
    • Akhtar Mansoor, former leader of the Taliban.
    • Mullah Omar, former leader of the Taliban.
    These are your 'good terrorists' being reared in your backyard! No wonder the world considers Pakistan as a fountainhead of terror! (Except of course your Chinese masters!)

TODELU and OneGrimPilgrim like this.
  15. AbRaj

AbRaj Regular Member

Rape is legalized in your part of the world.
    Infact as per your Queen women can be reped as war booty.
    Infact Muhammad himself was advised to beat women 'softly' ( like dog:biggrin2:) if she resist the demand of momins. So I think 'rape' as a crime is alian concept to your school of thought :megusta:

Now please answer me "Do all Pakis want to become terrorists?"

Mikesingh likes this.