A new star shining for the BJP-Shivraj Chauhan

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sob, Oct 4, 2012.

1. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Shivraj Singh Chouhan: BJP’s new star shines in Washington | Firstpost

Mr.Narendra Modi has been getting all the media attention but the real star has been Mr.Chauhan. MP today has become the 2nd largest wheat producer in India, challenging Punjab is indeed very good news for the country. We cannot have all the eggs in one basket. We need more success stories like this.

3. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

I have been travelling to MP for nearly 15 years now and have seen the sea change from the days of Mr.Digvijay Singh as the CM and the transition that happened with Mr.Shivraj Chauhan taking over as CM.

I can only recall broken roads, non existent highways earlier and now infrastructure has definitely improved from those days. He is another CM who will be difficult to dislodge.

VIP, Ankit Purohit, Singh and 2 others like this.
  4. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Shivraj Chauhan is another shining star in the galaxy of BJP CMs. But like Nitish Kumar in Bihar, he must stay in MP for another few years to make it into one of the developed states.

5. arya

arya Senior Member Senior Member

well there are lots of star in the sky but every one has a limit .

if they cross the limit they will collide with each other .

6. Twinblade

Twinblade Senior Member Senior Member

Adding to these achievements:-
    Highest GDP growth in the country. In 2003 the state had a GSDP growth of -4.2% and about -7% in 2002. Now it has a growth rate of +10.2 %. In the last 7 years alone the GSDP has almost doubled and per capita income tripled.
    Budget surplus of Rs 6370 Cr compared to a revenue deficit of Rs 4476 Cr in 2003.
    Doubling the power generation (in fact the state had to slow down the expansion plans because the national grid couldn't take all that power). 24x7 power expected across state before year end.
    80,000 Km of roads built since 2003.
    Nearly tripled the irrigated area leading to a whopping 19% growth in agricultural output last year and near 14.3% this year despite inclement weather. That means the state has grown its agricultural output by a third in just two years. The state now has double the total irrigated are of France and Italy combined.

Verdict: Shivraj is da man !!

Yusuf and VIP like this.
  7. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

I think for BJP must advertise its CM , i mean sell like them as a brand

indian_sukhoi likes this.
  8. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Now where are those people who think NaMo pays media to publish news like this. Work, development always speak.

9. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Time for BJP to advertise a BJP Model of Growth. Ch'garh is not far behind and soon it too shall be a Star.

Galaxy of Cong in Maha. A line CMS found indulging in corruption. AP story we know. Le tere ki, de tere ki.

10. VIP

My parents just visited MP, we're traditionally farmers and my father was impressed by the quality of MP's wheat. He didn't like the infrastructure and roads as compared to gujarat but he visited MP 1st time so he couldn't see the difference for sure.Having blood of farmer, he was very happy with the wheat.:lol:

parijataka and sob like this.
  11. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Competition of this nature is always good. Modi vs Chauhan on who has better ideas who can deliver and not keep talking and talking while being in power and talk how things should be and how we have to get it done and how the nation needs to build structures and how we have to give voices.

Did the above confuse you? Well that's how I was when I heard Rahul Gandhi whose party has been in power with his mother remote controlling everything and yet he says our nation lacks this and lacks that and he will do this and that. WTF were you and your mom doing the last 9 years?

Without saying anything much Chauhan has quietly gone along and covered a BIMARU state into a progressive state. Yes the state has a long way to go but at least now the people of the state are used to high growth and work being done. Yes the roads have improved although not totally up there with Gujarat. But I have travelled by road in the year 2000 and I travelled last year as well and many more times in between. Drastic change. Well seeing a tarred road itself was a relief for me.

What's more, MP shares its borders with Gujarat and I am sure the two BJP govt will be able to share and cooperate with each other practices, ideas and investments making the area a hub for development.

parijataka and sob like this.
  12. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

@VIP, in Delhi the wheat from MP sells at a premium over the wheat from Punjab.

In fact many of the branded wheat flour that are selling in the market, advertise very prominently that they are using wheat from MP.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  13. indian_sukhoi

indian_sukhoi Regular Member

Thanks for sharing this

Didnt know that MP was developing this much

14. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

2011-12

State GDP, cr GDP per capita
    Guj 620044 94496
    MP 290,000 38669
    Bihar 262230 23435
    WB 549876 54830

So MP has to cover a lot of ground before coming up with Gujarat. But can WB and Bihar ever do it? Not much difference between MP and Guj models. Nitish model has to show some governance first. And WB? No signs that it is anywhere in this race.

PS: Can you have tables?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  15. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I am delighted to read this article. Forgetting Congress or BJP or any politics for the moment, it makes me immensely delighted when I read accounts of such progress in India. People like Chauhan are the real heroes of India. I am looking forward to the day when Indore or Bhopal becomes a city in the same league as Hyderabad or Bangalore. That will be the happiest day in post-independence India's history.

parijataka, Yusuf and sob like this.
  16. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

@Bangalorean, visit Indore or Bhopal and you will see the difference especially if you are visiting after 7-8 years. There are lot of transformations going on.

Not many people would know but the concept of BRT, with public buses having GPS signals and bus stops giving real time info on buses, was initiated by an IAS official in Indore and with it's success it is now being replicated across the country.

17. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Why compare with a non entity CM like Digvijay Singh?

Anyone when compared with him, will come out smelling of roses.

Have you not noticed what a figure like Daffy Duck Digviay Depicts?

[​IMG]

sob likes this.
  18. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Sir, Shivraj Chauhan's immediate predecessor was Digvijay Singh, hence the comparison.

19. afako

afako Regular Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  20. Twinblade

Twinblade Senior Member Senior Member

The wheat from Sehore, Raisen, Hoshangabad and Harda (all around Bhopal) is top notch stuff. Almost like what Basmati is to regular rice. But that is not the reason why Shivraj is popular among farmers. Only MP and Bihar have shown any substantial rise in farmer incomes in the last 5 years. Shivraj himself comes from an agrarian constituency, so while in other states, farmers are killing themselves left right and center due to a lack of financial net, farmers in MP get loans on 0% interest.

Phase II of BRTS has been done in both cities (separate lanes like Delhi) with services starting later this month, but the project reeks of lousy planning. Hopefully they start the metro projects in both cities as soon as BRTS is sorted out.

21. VIP

MP needs to develop the urban area from core.This BRTS is 2ndory. They need to solve sewer system. It's open gutter everywhere. It needs to be closed.