A first: US allowed to check Indian warship

Sam24

WOW!!! they finally did it.:tsk:

SOME DAY YOU WILL GET OUR AGNI UP YOUR @SS FU*K YOU USA.:rage:
The fuss is about some fat-@ss global police coming and inspecting our stuff.

I don't know how my country men fell about it but personally it burns
There's no reason to be so bloody proud. I don't see any harm in these inspections.

Why are you insulted? Weren't these inspections in the initial contract? These inspections are part of any US military exports. It's not like the Yanks are picking on India, is it now? Considering that they don't discriminate on who to check up on. They check our equipment all the bloody time. Japanese, S. Koreans etc etc.

If you don't want the inspections, it's simple, don't buy "made in America", but that would be hard considering that (and I say this with a heavy heart) they make the best defense tech around.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Do you guys think Indian Govt did not know this before the purchase and now it is a
big suprise?
Good point.

I don't know when this deal was signed, but whoever did it, if the Ministry of Defense was with the ruling coalition, the Standing Committee of the Ministry of Defense was with the opposition coalition or party/parties.

Therefore, everybody knew and agreed to this procedure.

I wonder why this report came out now.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Do you guys think Indian Govt did not know this before the purchase and now it is a
big suprise?
No...the big surprise was this news was made public. Nothing else. The IN/GoI knew very well what the purchase entailed when they signed on the dotted line.

If anyone is to be blamed its the GoI and not US. And I dont blame GoI for this. For this is the only alternative.

Honestly, I am NOT so aware of this. That's a ramjet, right? In that case, exactly how much indigenous rate India has on Brahmos?
AFAIK, India does not have the seeker and engine technology and the Russian side is dragging its feet on sharing that.

ashicjose

So they are going to do the same with P-8I ,C-130j and C-17s :rolleyes: :mad: :frusty: :clap:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
big suprise?
I think surprise part is that, we never thought that GOI would sign something as stupid as this. Tomorrow they will check M4 and even safety pins.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
hahahaha.. What a joke!! Generally left wingers are the most vocal against US. Right wingers here are in consensus with left wingers when there is an attack on the soverignity of the nation. I would have been more happy if u actually bashed USA in your regular style. At minimum, they deserve it this time for stepping on India's soverign status. I am seriously disappointed that you haven't blasted US at the best possible occasion. You would have gotten a like or two from me if you had done that.

On the other hand, the self-proclaimed nationalist in you couldn't resist in another thread which used 'RAW spy defection to US' to unnecessarily bring in right wing and actually made a spiteful remark there, when it is about the country. I was dismayed at your thought process but refrained myself from commenting to avoid unnecessary conflict. And the funny part in this thread is karthik didn't name u but u started loud mouthing. He just asked for comrades reactions and that isn't a bad thing at all in this thread. :rolleyes:
The joke is that the self proclaimed right wing nationalists didn't utter a word when that raw chap defected to usa and even now when our stuff is being inspected.

On the other hand i have always been consistent and i call out the hypocracy of some when it warrants it.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Oh please..just dont puff up your chest like a pigeon.

If you dont agree to their conditions or like it, just dont buy stuff from them. Very simple. They aint forcing us to buy anything.

But if you want to buy from them in view of the superior technology, precise delivery times then unfortunately we have to agree with their conditions. Its not like the powers-that-be did not know of this when they bought it. Just like we still have not got access to the engine technology in Brahmos.
As you should know i have not said we should buy from the yanks.

You are missing the point! The point is that you want to pursue better relations with usa and demand an equal relationship and when i say there wont be an equal relationship you start ranting and when a situation like this arises where they inspect our hardware which proves my initial point that there cannot be an equal relationship you keep silent and instead post something about comrades.

Note: before you start expanding like a balloon...you does not necessarily mean you but those people who adovate we should bend over to usa and in a few instances you have been part of that brigrade.

KS

Bye bye DFI
As you should know i have not said we should buy from the yanks.
If we are to buy, then there is no other go than to accept their conditions.

You are missing the point! The point is that you want to pursue better relations with usa and demand an equal relationship and when i say there wont be an equal relationship you start ranting and when a situation like this arises where they inspect our hardware which proves my initial point that there cannot be an equal relationship you keep silent and instead post something about comrades.
Yes genius there is no equal relationship anywhere in the world. There is no equal relationship between India and Maldives. But we need their technology and missiles and we cannot make them inhouse. So what to do ? Accept their conditions. There is no point feigning a fake indignation at that. That is my point.

If anyone is to be blamed for accepting this unequal relationship, then its the GoI. But I will not blame them. They are just doing what is best for India IMO.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If we are to buy, then there is no other go than to accept their conditions.

Yes genius there is no equal relationship anywhere in the world. There is no equal relationship between India and Maldives. But we need their technology and missiles and we cannot make them inhouse. So what to do ? Accept their conditions. There is no point feigning a fake indignation at that. That is my point.

If anyone is to be blamed for accepting this unequal relationship, then its the GoI. But I will not blame them. They are just doing what is best for India IMO.
What to do ?

Start copying and making it on our own. No GoI is not doing everything it can.

If conditions are that then we shouldn't buy.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
What's the fuss all about? Inspection? (b) India should also inspect US weapons... :thumb:
the big fuss is that part (b) of your statement is not gonna happen

besides that , India is a big girl now , and she shouldn't be letting the boys look at her parts eh ?

Zebra

Country flag
I don't know how my country men fell about it but personally it burns
Chinese Officers and Students Visit Indian Navy's Shivalik Frigate
2012-06-14 17:07:33

Chinese are there on our the ship, does it burns now?

Folk hero

Chinese Officers and Students Visit Indian Navy's Shivalik Frigate
2012-06-14 17:07:33

Chinese are there on our the ship, does it burns now?
Why?

We went there for a friendly visit was we not.

Zebra

Country flag
Why?

We went there for a friendly visit was we not.
If Indian can consider Chinese as their friends than US is much more than just a friend.

OR

Just it is the US that is why too much drama?

Zebra

Country flag
US-checked warship undergoes refit

Wednesday , August 8 , 2012

New Delhi, Aug. 7: The Indian Navy is refitting the INS Jalashva, the ship it bought from the US in 2005 and that was examined by a "Golden Sentry" team under an inspection regime to which India has acceded, navy chief Admiral Nirmal Verma said today.

The amphibious warship is likely to have a reduced dependence on US-origin components after the refit.

"There was no intrusive inspection. In my book, had they (the inspection teams) boarded the ship that would have been intrusive. Let me assure you there was no such thing but from time to time certification has been given," the admiral said.

"We have put the INS Jalashva through two refits. A short one earlier, because of financial constraints, and now it is going through a long refit."

He was responding to The Telegraph report today that said a "Tiger Team" from the Pentagon examined night vision devices that were taken out of the Jalashva for the inspection under an end-user monitoring agreement that India and the US reached in 2009. The US inspection team was not required to board the vessel to examine the night vision devices.

The navy was and is uncomfortable with the inspection regime but it is bound by the bilateral pact between the two governments.

Admiral Verma said after the refits, the Jalashva, an amphibious "Landing Platform Dock", was sailing faster than it used to. India bought the ship and six UH-3H Seaking helicopters for about $90 million second-hand from the US in 2005.

In its earlier avatar, the Jalashva (Seahorse) was the USS Trenton. The purchase was red-flagged by India's comptroller and auditor general (CAG). The INS Jalashva is home-ported at the Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam.

Admiral Verma said the current refit of the INS Jalashva included replacement of its radars and sensors. It is possible that the Indian Navy is replacing many of the US-origin equipment with indigenously built components or with hardware that it is more comfortable with.

None of the other countries from which India imports military hardware has an inspection regime as strict as the US'. But none of the others export so much high-tech military hardware either.

Under the end-user monitoring regime, US inspection teams verify that military hardware exported to "friendly countrieswere being used for the purpose for which they were meant. The US Arms Export Control Act requires the teams to submit annual "compliance reports".

Admiral Verma, who retires after 42 years of service at the end of this month (August 31), said the navy had assessed that military activity in the Indian Ocean region would increase with the US reinforcing its naval presence in keeping with a "rebalancing towards Asia-Pacific policy".

"The Indian Navy is poised to complete the triad, and our maritime and nuclear doctrines will then be aligned to ensure that our nuclear insurance comes from the sea," the admiral said......

full article: US-checked warship undergoes refit

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
If Indian can consider Chinese as their friends than US is much more than just a friend.
OR ust it is the US that is why too much drama?
ha ... all it takes is a few photos of chinese talking to indians and it moves opinion that dragon is a friend ??

then they will easily win the psychological war

vishwaprasad

Country flag
but does this mean they will come to check our our C-17's, CJ-130's, P8I's, AH-64, M-777's everything?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles