A first: US allowed to check Indian warship

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Ray, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

This is what happens when you buy US equipment.

3. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

:shocked:
    Well, there's a bad precedent. IN is going to set itself up in business separate from MoD? Imagine the possibilities!

4. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

5. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

There is a big debate between procuring weapons from Russia, Israel, and France, who require less stringent regulations, and from USA, that requires a lot of checks and balances. Sensible from the US point of view, but is it sensible form the Indian point of view?

This brings to the fore the fundamental problem - indigenization.

SADAKHUSH, The Messiah and maomao like this.
  6. Agni5

Agni5 Regular Member

Dassault is best example.

7. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Waiting for reaction from comrades...:scared1:

asianobserve likes this.
  8. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Senior Member Senior Member

I am feeling insulted............It was for a reason why people had supported an idea of developing/building next generation MPA by sourcing platform and much of the electronics from all over world (except US) with or without technical help. I am sure, Navy ranks operating and commanding P-8Is won't like it at all when these US inspectors will jump inside their aircraft.

ashicjose and The Messiah like this.
  9. mahesh

mahesh Regular Member

was it neccesary to purchase USS Trenton (INS Jalashva (L41)) from US even when you know US equipments purchases willl come under US’ Arms Export Control Act !!!!

and still how long this will happen on INS Jalashva's part ? till it's decommissioned ?

i can't imagine india has signed or has in the pipeline $10 billion of US-origin military hardware.

Known_Unknown likes this.
  10. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Piss off! This has nothing to do with left wing or right wing.

Any Indian would be against this thing. I am not against usa because of some ideological shit...i am against it because i know what will happen.

Btw i also support our defense relationship with israel...so how does that fit in with my supposed ideology ? I will support relation with the devil if it benefitted India. But for some people petty politics is above the motherland.

11. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

it's actually better for both nations to send a strong signal to the usa about one's dislike of these inspections and that it will affect future purchases - india has alternatives - better let the usa know and save the relationship

noob101 likes this.
  12. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

13. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

What's the fuss all about? Inspection? That's not a big matter. India should also inspect US weapons... :thumb:

14. Folk hero

Folk hero Regular Member

The fuss is about some [email protected] global police coming and inspecting our stuff.

I don't know how my country men fell about it but personally it burns

Known_Unknown and The Messiah like this.
  15. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

To be fair, we should not have bought the ship.

It was a part of the Agreement.

Can't renegade on that now!

noob101 and W.G.Ewald like this.
  16. KS

Oh please..just dont puff up your chest like a pigeon.

If you dont agree to their conditions or like it, just dont buy stuff from them. Very simple. They aint forcing us to buy anything.

But if you want to buy from them in view of the superior technology, precise delivery times then unfortunately we have to agree with their conditions. Its not like the powers-that-be did not know of this when they bought it. Just like we still have not got access to the engine technology in Brahmos.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Sam24 and charlyondfi like this.
  17. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

may be they will inspect M4 next.

18. charlyondfi

charlyondfi Regular Member

Come on, it's a 40+ years vessel (1971), and NOT even of 1st-line combat-ship building standard. How much you will be confident deploying it in war scenario?

Personal feeling aside, ask yourself: what's the biggest value of Trenton (Jalshwa) to India?

It should be India got an opportunity to study & copy the design of an LPD, and then manufacture at least half a dozen (not too many considering India's needs in humanitarian aid and power projection in conflict). You are already building a 45k tons AC. What's that in a 10k tons LPD.

Want some fun? after that, you can keep Jalashwa there, watching US personnel does as many inspections as they like, while staring all the new-built ones... :cool2:(just can't resist it... ...)

Honestly, I am NOT so aware of this. That's a ramjet, right? In that case, exactly how much indigenous rate India has on Brahmos?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Known_Unknown likes this.
  19. aerokan

aerokan Regular Member

hahahaha.. What a joke!! Generally left wingers are the most vocal against US. Right wingers here are in consensus with left wingers when there is an attack on the soverignity of the nation. I would have been more happy if u actually bashed USA in your regular style. At minimum, they deserve it this time for stepping on India's soverign status. I am seriously disappointed that you haven't blasted US at the best possible occasion. You would have gotten a like or two from me if you had done that.

On the other hand, the self-proclaimed nationalist in you couldn't resist in another thread which used 'RAW spy defection to US' to unnecessarily bring in right wing and actually made a spiteful remark there, when it is about the country. I was dismayed at your thought process but refrained myself from commenting to avoid unnecessary conflict. And the funny part in this thread is karthik didn't name u but u started loud mouthing. He just asked for comrades reactions and that isn't a bad thing at all in this thread. :rolleyes:

20. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Absolutely against such a deal with any nation. It is time to focus and take action to bring in the bright minds from public and private sector to develop locally conceived ideas into operational equipment.

KS likes this.
  21. KS

Exactly. It's not that I agree with such actions by the US. But what is the alternative ? Can a shipyard in India design such an LPD and reduce India's dependence.? That has not been the case so far and frankly I even dont see a sense in spending billions on LPDs which are of not much use to India in the near future except perhaps on humanitarian/evac missions. So it made economic sense for India to buy the USS Trenton and on buying that we - whether we like or not - are bound to the conditions written in the contract. No use huffing and puffing now as if chastity has suddenly been lost..

Such fake nationalism and ghairat. Reminds me of Pakis.